Post a reply

Re: Kreativ Dental German Masters Final Discussion!

Postby AC or LT?

Skullman wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:Missed the Selby v Trump match did Selby play well or grind it?

No one saw it as it was on an outside table, but live scores say he scored pretty well.

Sorry I meant Selby v Mags last night, don't know why I said Trump.

Anyway, really poor opening frame, hope the standard improves.

Postby AC or LT?

Come on Murphy you need to turn the burners on.

This is one of those awkward matches as Murphy and Selby are my two favourite players on the tour at the moment, besides Tony Drago but he's not winning anything in the next few decades, but I think I slightly want Selby to win it. Would prefer the heavy scoring Murphy we saw at the Masters to turn up to this match.

Postby Andre147

AC or LT? wrote:Come on Murphy you need to turn the burners on.

This is one of those awkward matches as Murphy and Selby are my two favourite players on the tour at the moment, besides Tony Drago but he's not winning anything in the next few decades, but I think I slightly want Selby to win it. Would prefer the heavy scoring Murphy we saw at the Masters to turn up to this match.

He must have heard you then :-D

This is why Shaun has changed so much in recent months, his attitude has been remarkable.

Good Final so far.

Postby Cloud Strife

Muppet147 wrote:Very fluent break from Murphy.

If he can get into his rhythm, he can blow Selby away. I think all real snooker fans would wish that happens.

If it's scrappy Selby will win. If it's open and fluent Murphy will win. Selby's main tactic should be to grind Murphy down and mess the table up as much as possible.

Postby Clara8633

If he can get into his rhythm, he can blow Selby away. I think all real snooker fans would wish that happens.

Then you really are a muppet.

Postby Muppet147

Cloud Strife wrote:

If it's scrappy Selby will win. If it's open and fluent Murphy will win. Selby's main tactic should be to grind Murphy down and mess the table up as much as possible.

Yes, this is what Selby does against O'Sullivan. He wins all the scrappy frames and messes up the table.

If it were just brought down to a potting game, Murphy would destroy Selby.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:

Yes that's what he always does against Ronnie and often it works, as it breaks his rythm.

Anyway, hopefully Murphy has found his scoring boots, a 5-3 lead for Murphy would be nice.

Postby Andre147

Muppet147 wrote:If Selby can hang on to a 4-4 scoreline, then I can definitely see it going all the way. Fortunately, I will not be there to see it as I will be watching the more entertaining BAFTA awards tonight.

yes I'll swtich to the BAFTA as soon as this finishes, but if I see its gonna be a late one I'll have both on.

Postby Muppet147

Andre147 wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:If Selby can hang on to a 4-4 scoreline, then I can definitely see it going all the way. Fortunately, I will not be there to see it as I will be watching the more entertaining BAFTA awards tonight.

yes I'll swtich to the BAFTA as soon as this finishes, but if I see its gonna be a late one I'll have both on.

Multi-tasking!

I would do the same but I don't have Eurosport and am forced to watch this on Fromsport. The stream is fine at the moment apart from the audio being out of sync.

Postby Clara8633

Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Yes that's what he always does against Ronnie and often it works, as it breaks his rythm.

Anyway, hopefully Murphy has found his scoring boots, a 5-3 lead for Murphy would be nice.

He did play some high quality snooker against ROS in some of their finals, eg the Masters.