Post a reply

Re: Kreativ Dental German Masters Final Discussion!

Postby Skullman

Selby's long potting and safety have been poor this first session and there's no guarantee that will happen again tonight. Perfectly possible for Murphy to get frozen out like Mags was at the start of last night.

Postby vodkadiet

Andre147 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Final back on :td:

Of course 5-3 lead is great for Murphy as Ronnie says, but at sane time 6-2 would have been SO much better.

Anyway, at least Shaun wont have the presure of a big lead, and that can actually work to his advantage against a player like Selby.

Yes, the pressure of a big lead really hindered him at The Masters....

No Vodka, the pressure of a Big lead hinders any player against Selby, that's what I meant.

I see your point Andre. Although it is seems to affect O'Sullivan more than anyone else.

Postby Muppet147

Andre147 wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:Murphy is playing so much better than Selby - in almost every department. It could turn around in the evening session but I doubt it.

Of course Murphy can still win the first 4 frames of evening session like at the Masters and win this Final then, but I doubt it.

I think they will share the session again 2-2, and a 7-5 would be a nice one to have then.

I don't really care who wins. But it would be good to have Selby's confidence eroded ahead of the world championship.

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Final back on :td:

Of course 5-3 lead is great for Murphy as Ronnie says, but at sane time 6-2 would have been SO much better.

Anyway, at least Shaun wont have the presure of a big lead, and that can actually work to his advantage against a player like Selby.

Yes, the pressure of a big lead really hindered him at The Masters....

No Vodka, the pressure of a Big lead hinders any player against Selby, that's what I meant.

I see your point Andre. Although it is seems to affect O'Sullivan more than anyone else.

Unfortunately that's true. Ronnie can easily get bogged down in safety exchanges against Selby. However, if Ronnie is on is A game, Seçby has no chance whatsoever against him, last year's Final at Masters proved it, and many other matches.

Postby Andre147

Muppet147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:Murphy is playing so much better than Selby - in almost every department. It could turn around in the evening session but I doubt it.

Of course Murphy can still win the first 4 frames of evening session like at the Masters and win this Final then, but I doubt it.

I think they will share the session again 2-2, and a 7-5 would be a nice one to have then.

I don't really care who wins. But it would be good to have Selby's confidence eroded ahead of the world championship.

I won't even mind too much if Selby wins cause we all know, bar the Selby supporters who don't wanna admit it, (Clara being the exception) that Selby will sucumb to the Crucible Curse like every other player did before him. Just a question of when he'll get knocked out at Worlds.

But yeah I still want a Murphy win here, and he's in a good position to do it, just has to continue scoring well and not make many mistakes, because Selby will come back at him with every tactic he has.
Last edited by Andre147 on 08 Feb 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Muppet147

Andre147 wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

I won't even mind too much if Selby wins cause we all know, bar the Selby supporters who don't wanna admit it, that Selby will sucumb to the Crucible Curse like every other player did before him. Just a question of when he'll get knocked out at Worlds.

But yeah I still want a Murphy win here, and he's in a good position to do it, just has to continue scoring well and not make many mistakes, because Selby will come back at him with every tactic he has.

Yeah, like you I don't see Selby getting past the quarter finals of the worlds. He deserved to win it last year after beating Robertson and then O'Sullivan. But the mental pressure will be too much for him this year. There will be a lot of expectation and he will probably lose to some mug.

Postby TheRocket

Skullman wrote:Selby's long potting and safety have been poor this first session and there's no guarantee that will happen again tonight. Perfectly possible for Murphy to get frozen out like Mags was at the start of last night.

If Murphy keeps potting balls like this , you'd probably expect him to have a decent scoring chance in every single frame. It's about his positional play as I said beforehand and he stuggled with that , especially in the last frame and against Selby you can't do that. He's the master, along with John Higgins when it comes to winning frames when being well behind.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Muppet147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

I won't even mind too much if Selby wins cause we all know, bar the Selby supporters who don't wanna admit it, that Selby will sucumb to the Crucible Curse like every other player did before him. Just a question of when he'll get knocked out at Worlds.

Yeah, like you I don't see Selby getting past the quarter finals of the worlds. He deserved to win it last year after beating Robertson and then O'Sullivan. But the mental pressure will be too much for him this year. There will be a lot of expectation and he will probably lose to some mug.

Selby v King opening round

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:I don't want Selby to lost against a mug. I hope, he plays against Ronnie so that Ronnie can destroy him this time.

He won't have the chance to play against Ronnie because I think they can only meet in the Final and Selby wont even reach that stage.

He might lose to Hawkins again <ok>

Anyway, still a long way to go before then, we'll have time to annoy the Selby fans with the Crucible Curse :-D

Postby Muppet147

TheRocket wrote:I don't want Selby to lose against a mug. I hope, he plays against Ronnie so that Ronnie can destroy him this time.

That would be satisfying.

Despite his loss to Murphy the other day, I do think Ronnie is playing some great snooker and will be the favourite to make it number six.

Postby AC or LT?

Skullman wrote:Cut off is after the China Open and qualifiers are 8-15 April.

That seems a bit too close to the main event for my liking but I suppose it allows the whole season to be accounted for in the cut-off unlike last year. Looking forward to the worlds, it's always nice when a tournament has match lengths more befitting of snooker than pool.

Postby TheRocket

Muppet147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:I don't want Selby to lose against a mug. I hope, he plays against Ronnie so that Ronnie can destroy him this time.

That would be satisfying.

Despite his loss to Murphy the other day, I do think Ronnie is playing some great snooker and will be the favourite to make it number six.

I hope so. In this tournament he definitely looked stronger than he did in the UK or in the Masters and his One visit game looked relatively sharp. Its all about scoring if you meet someone Selby. Otherwise he will just drag you down as he did last year.

But if Ronnie can find his 2008 or 2013 WC form this year , he will lift his sixth world title in May.

Postby vodkadiet

Too much is made of this Crucible curse. Patterns are there to be broken. Selby is one of the favourites whether his detractors like it or not.

O'Sullivan has made the last 3 finals, and it is therefore unlikely he will be there again this year. Law of averages and all that.

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:Too much is made of this Crucible curse. Patterns are there to be broken. Selby is one of the favourites whether his detractors like it or not.

O'Sullivan has made the last 3 finals, and it is therefore unlikely he will be there again this year. Law of averages and all that.

Therefore, if you say it's unlikely Ronnie will be in his 4th straight Final, it's even way more unlikely Selby will break the Crucible Curse.

"Law of averages and all that" <ok>

Postby Andre147

AC or LT? wrote:You could spin though Andre and say that on average over more thirty years now were due someone breaking the old curse.

Anyway on to tonights match, I'm calling at least 6 centuries between them including a 147 each.

I honeslty don't think it will be broken. It might be broken once the Worlds moves away from the Crucible.

There's been a ghost around the Crucible ever since it started that prevents players from defending their first title <laugh>

Postby Andre147

Anyway, as much as would love to continue discussing this, there's a Final to discuss here.

I think if they share the opening frames 2-2 then the match will go 9-7 or even 9-8. Murphy though will be more than happy with a 7-5 lead at MSI, as for Selby, he'll be looking at 6-6, but even 7-5 down is nothing considering his comeback powers.

Selby will play much better this evening me thinks, so Murphy will need to make the most of every chance he gets.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:I'm gutted I missed the first session. This is an immense final.

Do as I said previosuly, watch the afternoon session now and be like 5 hours delay rofl