Topic locked

Re: Kreativ Dental German Masters Semi-Finals Discussion

Postby Andre147

Still a bit sad it aint Ronnie in the Final. He wouldn't be certain to have beaten Wenbo but a Murphy win there would have given Ronnie confidence and the one table setup I think Ronnie would have played pretty well in this Semi.

A shame really he went out yesterday, but Shaun deserves credit for what he's done this past 6 months.

Postby Muppet147

Andre147 wrote:Still a bit sad it aint Ronnie in the Final. He wouldn't be certain to have beaten Wenbo but a Murphy win there would have given Ronnie confidence and the one table setup I think Ronnie would have played pretty well in this Semi.

A shame really he went out yesterday, but Shaun deserves credit for what he's done this past 6 months.

Hopefully, Ronnie is saving up energy for another victorious world championship.

Over the longer format, I can't really see anyone beating him.

Postby Clara8633

Andre147 wrote:Well played Shaun.

Hopefully Mags will beat Selby, and even if he doesn't Murphy will take care of him in the Final.

Or maybe Selby will beat both Mags and Murphy. He'll possibly do another comeback in the final and this time he won't lose on the decider.

Murphy isn't invincible no matter how well he plays.

Postby Andre147

Muppet147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Still a bit sad it aint Ronnie in the Final. He wouldn't be certain to have beaten Wenbo but a Murphy win there would have given Ronnie confidence and the one table setup I think Ronnie would have played pretty well in this Semi.

Hopefully, Ronnie is saving up energy for another victorious world championship.

Over the longer format, I can't really see anyone beating him.

We said the same last season and Selby beat him. But this year Selby is completly out of the equation at Worlds, so maybe Trump will have his chance of beating Ronnie, Robbo or this kind of in form Murphy.

Postby Muppet147

Clara8633 wrote:

Hopefully Mags will beat Selby, and even if he doesn't Murphy will take care of him in the Final.

Or maybe Selby will beat both Mags and Murphy. He'll possibly do another comeback in the final and this time he won't lose on the decider.

Maybe, maybe.

Selby seems pretty crap these days though.

Postby Andre147

But still a long way to go until Worlds, I'd love Ronnie to have at least one more title until then, maybe the Welsh Open or the new World Grand Prix, it's on ITV the latter and Ronnie has done well on ITV events at CoC.

Postby Clara8633

Muppet147 wrote:
Clara8633 wrote:

Maybe, maybe.

He managed to beat Trump though. And he's playing better than he has done for a while now.

Postby Muppet147

Clara8633 wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:
Clara8633 wrote:

Maybe, maybe.

He managed to beat Trump though. And he's playing better than he has done for a while now.

Well, let him win the odd tinpot tournament. I'll be happy with that just as long as he doesn't get his grubby hands on the world title again.

Postby Andre147

Clara8633 wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:
Clara8633 wrote:

Maybe, maybe.

he better win a title before Worlds for his sake because the Crucible Curse will catch him like it has done to everybody else <ok>

Postby Andre147

Muppet147 wrote:Most likely, Selby will draw a fellow mechanical player like Hawkins in the worlds - and end up taking another beating.

Hopefully <ok> he may even go out first round like Robbo did in 2011. I don't think he will, will depend on the draw but I'll be very surprised if he gets past Quarter Finals.

Postby Andre147

Muppet147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:Good picture.

How many people does it seat?

2500 if I'm not mistaken, close to the Conference Center.

The Conference Centre used to have a great atmosphere when Jimmy and (Alex) Higgins were playing.

I would add Ronnie aswell, but yeah they kinda favoured Jimmy and Alex. And some of the matches Ronnie had against Jimmy, especially in 2001 and 2002 the crowd were against him and he didn't cope well with it at the time and lost, probably the only times the crowd were against Ronnie. He redeemed himself though by winning against Jimmy in 2004 and 2005.

Postby Muppet147

Andre147 wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:Good picture.

How many people does it seat?

2500 if I'm not mistaken, close to the Conference Center.

The Conference Centre used to have a great atmosphere when Jimmy and (Alex) Higgins were playing.

I would add Ronnie aswell, but yeah they kinda favoured Jimmy and Alex. And some of the matches Ronnie had against Jimmy, especially in 2001 and 2002 the crowd were against him and he didn't cope well with it at the time and lost, probably the only times the crowd were against Ronnie. He redeemed himself though by winning against Jimmy in 2004 and 2005.

Yeah, I remember a match where Jimmy came back from 5-2 to win and the fans were booing Ronnie. Doesn't happen often.

Postby Andre147

Roland wrote:Muppet and Andre clueless about Selby

Clueless about what exactly?

If it's Crucible Curse, don't worry, your beloved Selby fan will fall short just like ALL the others :wave: I'll come back to this post once he loses there. Selby should watch the movie The Grudge, it's a great one :-D