Topic locked

Re: Kreativ Dental German Masters Semi-Finals Discussion

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Selby saying he didn't expect much from this tournament. These are the tournaments he's the most dangerous. He's really the ultimate underdog.

yes he never performs well when amongst the favourites, well usually he doesn't anyway.

This year at Crucible he has no chance, defending champ first time and all that with the Curse. He won't break it, that much I'm sure, just a question of when he'll get knocked out there.

Yeah. I don't think either that he'll beat the curse but I think he could reach the semi or the final. So at least he can come close to beat it like Johnson or Doherty but to beat is truly different and I don't think, he'll do it.

I want the O'Sullivan-Selby final but considering that since Hendry-White we haven't had two players meeting each other more than once in the WC final I can't see it happening.
Last edited by TheRocket on 07 Feb 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:Maybe all this talk of the Crucible curse and how he has no chance to win will inspire him? :john:

Correct. But I'm pretty sure he's not reading the comments on here so :phew:

He'll hear enough from the BBC and other media as April approaches.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Selby saying he didn't expect much from this tournament. These are the tournaments he's the most dangerous. He's really the ultimate underdog.

yes he never performs well when amongst the favourites, well usually he doesn't anyway.

This year at Crucible he has no chance, defending champ first time and all that with the Curse. He won't break it, that much I'm sure, just a question of when he'll get knocked out there.

Yeah. I don't think either that he'll beat the curse but I think he could reach the semi or the final. So at least he can come close to beat it like Johnson or Doherty but to beat is truly different and I don't think, he'll do it.

I want the O'Sullivan-Selby final but considering that since Hendry-White we haven't had two players meeting each other more than once in the WC final I can't see it happening.

Carter v Ronnie 2008 and 2012? How you forgot that TR? <laugh>

Or do you mean in consecutive Finals?

Postby Skullman

TheRocket wrote:

Hendry-Ebdon? O'Sullivan-Carter? Or did you mean in consecutive years?

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:Maybe all this talk of the Crucible curse and how he has no chance to win will inspire him? :john:

Correct. But I'm pretty sure he's not reading the comments on here so :phew:

He'll hear enough from the BBC and other media as April approaches.

All the players heard it when they were defending it, and that didn't inspire them, and it certainly wont inspire Selby.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

Hendry-Ebdon? O'Sullivan-Carter? Or did you mean in consecutive years?

This time I've beaten you to it <laugh> I didn't mention Ebdon-Hendry though :shrug:

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:I think this could be a good match.

Shaun just won The Masters, is obviously in form. (Well, sort of. He keeps blowing 3-0 leads.) But Selby is Selby. Hard to beat.

Who'll win?

You already have an appropriate thread to discuss this, so please do so there. <ok>

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:I think this could be a good match.

Shaun just won The Masters, is obviously in form. (Well, sort of. He keeps blowing 3-0 leads.) But Selby is Selby. Hard to beat.

Who'll win?

With any luck, it'll be Shaun Murphy who wins.