Topic locked

Re: Kreativ Dental German Masters Last 16 and QF Discussion

Postby mantorok

TheRocket wrote:If Ronnie enters the 2008/2013 scoring mood, he'll be favourite against any snooker player on this planet, especially in a longer format like the WC. Keep playing like that Ron and you gonna get your sixth world title.

Last year his one visit game wasn't as good as it was in 2013 and Selby punished him for that. And someone like Selby or Higgins(at his best) are just heavy punishers if you don't take frames in one visit.

I would be more surprised if he didn't win the WC this year, because as you say Selby is not be underestimated and can beat anyone, but the chances of Ronnie coming up against Selby again with both in the form they were is extremely unlikely.

Selby is also there for the taking this year, having a bad season.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:If Ronnie enters the 2008/2013 scoring mood, he'll be favourite against any snooker player on this planet, especially in a longer format like the WC. Keep playing like that Ron and you gonna get your sixth world title.

Last year his one visit game wasn't as good as it was in 2013 and Selby punished him for that. And someone like Selby or Higgins(at his best) are just heavy punishers if you don't take frames in one visit.

yeah all of his World Titles were won when he was in good scoring mood so a 6th title will be no exception.

Postby Andre147

mantorok wrote:

I would be more surprised if he didn't win the WC this year, because as you say Selby is not be underestimated and can beat anyone, but the chances of Ronnie coming up against Selby again with both in the form they were is extremely unlikely.

Selby completly out of the equation at Worlds, the Crucible Curse will get to him as it did to ALL the others :wave:

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:

yeah all of his World Titles were won when he was in good scoring mood so a 6th title will be no exception.

It's just his natural game, isn't it. I mean, of course someone like Ronnie can win long gritty matches with a lot of safety play as well but it just totally destroys his rythm and he gets vulnerable , especially against someone like Selby.

That's why players like Ronnie or Trump just have to score as quick and heavy as possible.

Postby mantorok

Andre147 wrote:
mantorok wrote:

Selby completly out of the equation at Worlds, the Crucible Curse will get to him as it did to ALL the others :wave:

This is why I believe Ronnie will at least equal Hendry's record, over the next 5 years he will be playing well enough to contend and he's not always going to run into someone playing out of their skin.

Postby mantorok

Vallomas wrote:Since I started watching on snookerroom.ru, I only Allen scoring. Brilliant stuff from him at the last two frames, let's see if he is able to win this match.

He's also just had a lot of good fortune, which means it could well be his day...