Topic locked

Re: Kreativ Dental German Masters Last 16 and QF Discussion

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:ronnie murphy
neil maguire
trump selby

potential Qfs.

dont know which will be televised if they get through.

Ronnie should definately be, UK and Masters Champions there.

Both have to win their matches though.

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:neil, 4-4 or 5-3 after the first session, reaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

he hasn't got a clue <doh> we all said after the match that he could easily have been 7-1 down, 6-2 was a fair reflection though, but he could also have lost that Final 10-1.

Anyway, thats history now.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:its funny actually that he really keeps saying this that he could have been even 5:3 up.

he better watch the match again. 10-2 was more than fair reflection, as I said earlier, he could have lost that Final 10-1 because he only won one frame in one visit and the other frame he won he was a tad lucky with a fluked snooker.

But it appears he's put that behind him and if anything should make him even hungrier for his next title.

Postby Andre147

I jinxed Mags, King won that frame on the colurs to reduce to 3-2.

Selby 3-1 up, but never count Ebdon out, he too like Selby can grind out a win, and Selby hasn't coped that well with leads in recent times.

Postby Wildey

TheRocket wrote:its funny actually that he really keeps saying this that he could have been even 5:3 up.

what hes saying is and quite Right Murphy did not blow him off the table he had his chances and plenty of them to lead the first session but he just could not string anything together.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:

he better watch the match again. 10-2 was more than fair reflection, as I said earlier, he could have lost that Final 10-1 because he only won one frame in one visit and the other frame he won he was a tad lucky with a fluked snooker.

But it appears he's put that behind him and if anything should make him even hungrier for his next title.

Yes and it's actually not that bad for him that he lost 2:10. Ok, it's a little bit embarrassing but it would have hurt a lot more if he had lost like 10:9. But 10:2 feels like if you weren't even involved into the match. And it obviously gives you the incentive to even practice harder.

Same for Ron as well. He was on a high, had some sort of streak , but then suffered a heavy defeat and maybe he needed it to come back to normality and realize that there is still a lot room for improvement. Even though Ronnie actually said that he wasn't playing well the last couple of months.

But yeah, a heavy defeat can be good sometimes.

Postby Andre147

Mags won 5-2, highlight was the 2 ton he made and in the last frame of the match King made a 72 break, but Mags made a 73 clearance and stole that and duly won it.

Should be a cracking match between him and Robbo, and should Selby come through him and Judd will be very tasty aswell.

Postby Andre147

The Quarter-Finals line-up is setting up quite nicely.

But if both Ronnie and Murphy win their matches tomorrow I think they should have their Quarter-Final on TV, it's the current UK and Masters Champions after all.

Both have to reach that stage though.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:What i said yesterday Ebdon was only as good as what his opponent lets him be

Yes and Higgins definately must have let him.

I still take my hat off to him for scoring the way he did in that match, but today against Selby was a totally diferent match.

Postby Andre147

Tough choice they will have tomorrow for evening TV match.

As I said earlier, if both Ronnie and Murphy win their matches, then they deserve to be on TV, it's UK and Masters Champions after all.

If not then most likely Trump v Selby on TV.

Postby Wildey

Friday 6th of February

1pm

Ryan Day v Alfie Burden
Liang Wenbo v Stuart Bingham
Mark Allen v Shaun Murphy
Joe Perry v Ronnie O'Sullivan

7pm

Ryan Day/Alfie Burden v Liang Wenbo/Stuart Bingham
Mark Allen/Shaun Murphy v Joe Perry/Ronnie O'Sullivan
Neil Robertson v Stephen Maguire
Judd Trump v Mark Selby

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:Tough choice they will have tomorrow for evening TV match.

As I said earlier, if both Ronnie and Murphy win their matches, then they deserve to be on TV, it's UK and Masters Champions after all.

If not then most likely Trump v Selby on TV.

That's the problem with having only 1 tv table for the quarters. It's just not enough :roll:

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Murphy is Ronnie's lovely lady.

thought that was Carter :john:

It is.

But Murphy is Ronnie's larger, less attractive lovely lady.

rofl

But to be serious. Murphy atm is probably the most confident player on the tour and even if he fears Ronnie, I mean, it's just best of 9 at the end of the day so no reason for him why he shouldn't go into the match with a lot of confidence.