Topic locked

Re: Kreativ Dental German Masters Last 16 and QF Discussion

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Unless Selby wins the tournament, Ronnie will be WN1 for the first time since May 2010.

Yes. For the WC it obviously won't have any effect though as Selby is on 1 there and that's why I'm asking. Am I right, if I'm saying that atm the second round of the WC would be O'Sullivan-Higgins now (if both were to win their matches of course).

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Unless Selby wins the tournament, Ronnie will be WN1 for the first time since May 2010.

Yes. For the WC it obviously won't have any effect though as Selby is on 1 there and that's why I'm asking. Am I right, if I'm saying that atm the second round of the WC would be O'Sullivan-Higgins now (if both were to win their matches of course).

Many things will happen before the final seedings and it's way too early for any previews really. But it will be an advantage to be seeded in the same half as Ding I think.

Postby Andre147

Yes and that's a big consolation. Even if Selby wins it I dont care, Ronnie is at the top echellons of the Game and he can reach WN1 before Worlds cause unlikee the others he doesn't have any points to defend until then.

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

Many things will happen before the final seedings and it's way too early for any previews really. But it will be an advantage to be seeded in the same half as Ding I think.

apart from the legendary ronnie higgins rivalry I always enjoy I just thought, Higgins in the second round would probably be the best opponent you can get atm. Crazy to say this but he's probably the weakest player in the Top 16 now.

But yeah I agree, it would be an advantage to be seeded in the same half as Ding. But yes, SO, too early to speak about that. Still too many tournaments in front of us before the WC.

Postby Andre147

What a day of Snooker folks, the German fans were treated to probably one of the best ever Snooker sessions, and they deserve it cause they are absolutely brilliant fans, and this wonderful venue is a fitting place to make history.

I just wish I was there to witness this remarkable day, Ronnie lost but an incredible day without a shadow of a doubt.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:What a day of Snooker folks, the German fans were treated to probably one of the best ever Snooker sessions, and they deserve it cause they are absolutely brilliant fans, and this wonderful venue is a fitting place to make history.

I just wish I was there to witness this remarkable day, Ronnie lost but an incredible day without a shadow of a doubt.

The fans who watched the first time today must think this stuff happens all the time in snooker <laugh>

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

apart from the legendary ronnie higgins rivalry I always enjoy I just thought, Higgins in the second round would probably be the best opponent you can get atm. Crazy to say this but he's probably the weakest player in the Top 16 now.

But yeah I agree, it would be an advantage to be seeded in the same half as Ding. But yes, SO, too early to speak about that. Still too many tournaments in front of us before the WC.

Higgins and Carter will be the easiest. Maybe Dott or Williams will get back in the top 16 as well, they would certainly add more prestige than Milkins.

Postby Andre147

Robbo said this on Twitter:

"He needs 2 snookers. I hit the red into the black, didn't have much choice and the black went in the middle off the top cushion"

"Also getting the white in behind the green snookering myself. I hit it off 2 cushions then he kindly dishes "

now we know.

Robbo :wave:

Postby Andre147

Everyone on Twitter saying it was probably one of the best Sessions in Snooker history :hatoff:

Matt from PSB also pointed out last time all four Quarter-Finals had deciders was the Asian Classic way back in 1996, but I doubt it had so much tension, drama and twists such as this day.

Postby Odrl

Clara8633 wrote:The Robbo v Mags match is incredibly slow. They'll still be playing at midnight (Germany time).

That's a little harsh, I think. If a match starts at 8pm and goes 4-4, you would expect a midnight finish, or close to it.

It's just that the other three matches tonight were incredibly fast. Day-Liang in particular must have been one of the fastest 5-4 scorelines of all time in snooker. ;-)