Topic locked

Re: Kreativ Dental Clinic German Masters Last 32 Discussion

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:YEah I agree - and the jump from an 8 ft table to a 12 ft one.

Here's a good preview by Snooker Backer: http://www.snookerbacker.com/2015/02/03 ... s-preview/

Maybe I should get myself to Berlin one of these days. Everybody has gone said how amazing a venue it is.

I've always been put off by the fact that I utterly failed in every attempt to learn German at school, and also the assumption that getting tickets and such the like would be more complicated than for somewhere in Britain.

But the reaction to the venue has been somewhat impressive. I've even heard people say the World Championship should move there. That's very high praise, because if I got a choice between them keeping the WC in Sheffield, or moving it next door to my flat I'd still insist it stay in Sheffield. Such is the quality of The Crucible Theatre, and the enthusiasm of the city who embraces it.

If Berlin is comparable to the feeling one gets from going to Sheffield, then maybe I should look into going. Most people on the continent speak English anyway, I guess.

Postby Roland

I'll stick my neck out and say Selby will have a good run in Berlin. I don't think the fact he was playing pool last week will have any bearing on it, if anything it will have done him good which is why I think he's back.

Postby Andre147

I also think Selby will have a good run in this tournament.

And I'm going to make a bold predict right here:

That Selby will find himself 4-2 or 4-1 down against McGill and win the match 5-4, and that will inspire him to greater things in this tourney.

Postby Andre147

Also, even though I'd like to watch Ronnie's match, Allen v MJW is a far much better match on paper so that should definately be the one that is televised on Thursday afternoon. If they choose Ronnie's match it's the wrong decision in my opinion.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:I also think Selby will have a good run in this tournament.

And I'm going to make a bold predict right here:

That Selby will find himself 4-2 or 4-1 down against McGill and win the match 5-4, and that will inspire him to greater things in this tourney.

Selby often pulls something out if things are going against him so that can definitely happen. However my gut feeling tells me that McGill will beat him tomorrow.

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 4th of February

2pm

Martin Gould v Ashley Carty
John Higgins v Peter Ebdon
Anthony McGill v Mark Selby Eurosport

7pm

Neil Robertson v Fergal O'Brien
Xiao Guodong v Liam Highfield
Stephen Maguire v David Gilbert
Mark King v Barry Hawkins
Judd Trump v Michael Holt Eurosport

Postby Wildey

Dan-cat wrote:Andre: Of course they'll show the Ronnie match. He's snooker's biggest draw, and Eurosport TV star.

Gonna take a late lunch today so I can watch the beginning of the Selby match :)

at the German Masters there have been a occasion they haven't shown a Ronnie Match

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Was that Ronnie O'Sullivan show on Eurosport any good? Only really saw the odd few minutes.

its a very good show and as a interviewer he has been surprisingly good.

Postby Dan-cat

I love it yeah. The master-classes are invaluable, little nuggets of gold dropping out of his mouth. My game has got better since watching those.

The christmas special (the latest episode) is brilliant, he took apart frame-by-frame that 6-0 Walden bashing from the masters last year. The interviews with Barry and Steve Davis were really good too, and the visit to the academies. All of it really. I'm a Ronnie fan so maybe I'm biased, but first and foremost I'm a snooker fan, and I found out a lot about the snooker world through this show.

Hurry up 2pm!! :)

Postby NNear

Snooker fan, the Ronnie O'Sullivan Show is seriously worth a watch. I especially enjoy Ronnie being the interviewer and really getting a lot of revealing information out of Steve Davis, Jimmy White and Neil Robertson. The master-classes are good and the production value for the show is tidy.

Recommended.

Postby Andre147

Brilliant venue isn't it... :bowdown: think it's the second time they've had a blue carpet, obviously because of sponsor issues, the other being in 2013, the other editions were all red carpet if I'm not mistaken.

As Wild says, it's a different feeling this amazing tournament, pity it's only 5 days and not a full week but the venue is high on demand and you can understand why.

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:funny when ronnie talks about selby and has to be neutral

He actually likes him, he has been very complimentary of him in recent times, ok he may not be his favourite opponent but he respects the effort Selby puts in a Snooker match.