Topic locked

Re: Kreativ Dental Clinic German Masters Last 32 Discussion

Postby hendry_fan

Wow!!,i,ve just switched on Eurosport and see that Ants McGill takes it to a decider!. :dizzy:

Can Selbs pick out yet again one of his specials= (win a decider) and send Ants back to boring auld Scotland or can Ants reverse the role,s and send Selbs back to even more boring England. :-D

Postby Skullman

masterdoctorgenius wrote:And how on earth did he ebdon play like a GOAT the last three frames? And first match t finish

It's almost like he's a former World Champion and can put in a good performance from time to time.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:If Ebdon plays anything like he did against Higgins when he faces Selby, an upset wouldn't surprise me much there.

It seems that his long participation in the CL has given him some match sharpness for the rest of the season.
During the Cl he had some very great One-visit breaks and if he pulls them out here again, no reason, why he shouldn't advance further.

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 4th of February

2pm

Martin Gould 5-3 Ashley Carty
John Higgins 2-5 Peter Ebdon
Anthony McGill 4-5 Mark Selby

7pm

Neil Robertson v Fergal O'Brien
Xiao Guodong v Liam Highfield
Stephen Maguire v David Gilbert
Mark King v Barry Hawkins
Judd Trump v Michael Holt Eurosport

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:I remember when Ebdon won the China Open, being impressed with how attacking he was playing.

Yep,that very tourney he won,he had his pottin boots on the whole of the tournament,attacked more than he usualy does and he even sped up a gear/two!. :-D

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:If Ebdon plays anything like he did against Higgins when he faces Selby, an upset wouldn't surprise me much there.

you didnt see how well he played or how bad higgins was to give him the chances to score.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:

you didnt see how well he played or how bad higgins was to give him the chances to score.

Doesn't matter, if Higgins didn't manage to pot a single ball since winning frame 3 and Ebdon won 4 on the bounce with breaks of 60+, 80+, 133 and another 60+ then something tells me he played very well.

So yeah if Ebdon plays anything like that he has every chance of beating Selby, and I hope he does.

Postby SnookerFan

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Selb is a joke

long pot to screw back into baulk.pot was straightforward

Blimey, he wins the Masters three times, the UK Championship and the Worlds. If he's that much of a joke, it's obviously easy to do.

Might give the sport a go myself.