Topic locked

Re: German Masters Last 128 and Last 64 Discussion !!!

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Decider it is.

Wonder how long it'll last.

Frame winning break for Hawkins, hopefully :gag:

Go on Barry. rofl

lol... At one moment I thought I jinxed it and it would have been frame winning break for Pinches... he broke down at 31.

Cmon Barry..... Hawkins rofl

Postby Cannonball

Cloud Strife wrote:Christ! Over 5 hours and counting for this match now. :zzz:

Wild will have come in his pants; he loves a grinder. Two will be like heaven.

Postby Andre147

Hawkins wins it :happy:

Glad he did though in all fairness, this would have been another tough loss to take after his agonizing defeat at the UK Champs. At least he ends the year by qualifying for another ranker and it serves as a minor consolation for the UK.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Right. No disrespect to the 40 somethings in the Seniors, this is me done for the year. I'll still be about a bit on here, but time for a snooker break until the Masters.

Me too, think I'll make a 2014 retrospective when I have the time, namely Ronnie's incredible year, but yeah apart from that it's definately the time for a much needed snooker break.

Postby Cloud Strife

Skullman wrote:Right. No disrespect to the 40 somethings in the Seniors, this is me done for the year. I'll still be about a bit on here, but time for a snooker break until the Masters.

See ya, enjoy the break. :wave:

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:

Me too, think I'll make a 2014 retrospective when I have the time, namely Ronnie's incredible year, but yeah apart from that it's definately the time for a much needed snooker break.

Looking forward to the retrospective, mate. Knowing you, it should be an absolute barnstormer. Can't wait to read your take on how 2014 went baize wise.

Enjoy your break and I'll see you back on here for the Masters.

Stay safe. :wave:

Postby Wildey

Friday 19th of December

2.30pm

Lu Ning 1-5 Michael Wasley
Robbie Williams 3-5 Shaun Murphy
Joe Perry 5-4 Fraser Patrick
Jimmy Robertson 5-4 Ian Burns
Mark Davis 5-3 Gary Wilson
Aditya Mehta 2-5 Ronnie O'Sullivan
Tian Pengfei 2-5 Fergal O'Brien
Stephen Maguire 5-4 David Morris
Judd Trump 5-4 Mark Joyce
John Higgins 5-2 Ken Doherty

NB 3.30pm

Martin Gould 5-1 Ross Muir

7pm

Neil Robertson 5-2 Jamie Jones
Xiao Guodong 5-0 Tony Drago
Rod Lawler 2-5 David Gilbert
Michael White 3-5 Mark King
Barry Pinches 4-5 Barry Hawkins
Zhang Anda 1-5 Michael Holt
James Cahill 2-5 Ashley Carty
Marcus Campbell 2-5 Peter Ebdon
Anthony McGill 5-3
Sean O'Sullivan
Oliver Lines 2-5 Mark Selby

Postby JDM375

Last 32 matches in Berlin

Ding v Ryan Day
Georgiou v Burden
Li Hang v Liang Wenbo
Selt v Bingham
Allen v M.J Williams
Wasley v Murphy
Perry v J.Robertson
M.Davis v R.O'Sullivan

N. Robertson v O'Brien
Xiao Guodong v Highfield
Maguire v Gilbert
King v Hawkins
Trump v Holt
Gould v Carty
Higgins v Ebdon
McGill v Selby

some tasty matches there, plus few surprise match ups.

Postby vodkadiet

O'Sullivan was very lucky against Mehta. He won 2 frames off outrageous flukes and had numerous other pieces of fortune. Having said that, Mehta's positional play let him down.
Last edited by vodkadiet on 20 Dec 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby The Cueist

Andre147 wrote:Hawkins wins it :happy:

Glad he did though in all fairness, this would have been another tough loss to take after his agonizing defeat at the UK Champs. At least he ends the year by qualifying for another ranker and it serves as a minor consolation for the UK.

Barry pinches causes a lot of difficulties for any player
Abit gangly to look at but has years of experience.

Barry Hawkins has a problem with positional play so be needs a lot of bites of the cherry to win frames outright.

If he vould sort out his positional pkay then he could clear up in one visit in a lot more frames

Postby The Cueist

vodkadiet wrote:O'Sullivan was very lucky against Mehta. He won 2 frames off outrageous flukes and has numerous other pieces of fortune. Having said that, Mehta's positional play let him down.

Never seen the match , Busy working , Outrageous flukes .

Can't be bad , Well done ron !!!!!!!! J!!!!!!!!

Postby TheSaviour

vodkadiet wrote:O'Sullivan was very lucky against Mehta. He won 2 frames off outrageous flukes and has numerous other pieces of fortune. Having said that, Mehta's positional play let him down.

Mehta´s a bit strange one, since like you mentioned his positional play did let him a down bit what I saw that from the YouTube. But then, he has rolled in a 147 this season. Which automatically means that he does have the positional playing marvellous also since been able to do that under the ranking tournament pressure. AND he once again did some incredible potting there against Ronnie.. Shots that no-one else would even take on. So perhaps he could be compared to Mark Williams as being a very entertaining "a single ball potter" or "the potting machine" as Mark has been labelled.

Postby vodkadiet

The Cueist wrote:

Never seen the match , Busy working , Outrageous flukes .

Can't be bad , Well done ron !!!!!!!! J!!!!!!!!

The first was in the 5th frame when leading 6-0, and the second was in the 7th when trailing 0-14.

Postby vodkadiet

TheSaviour wrote:

Mehta´s a bit strange one, since like you mentioned his positional play did let him a down bit what I saw that from the YouTube. But then, he has rolled in a 147 this season. Which automatically means that he does have the positional playing marvellous also since been able to do that under the ranking tournament pressure. AND he once again did some incredible potting there against Ronnie.. Shots that no-one else would even take on. So perhaps he could be compared to Mark Williams as being a very entertaining "a single ball potter" or "the potting machine" as Mark has been labelled.

His safety wasn't particularly good either, but then again neither was O'Sullivan's.

Postby Cannonball

JDM375 wrote:Last 32 matches in Berlin

Ding v Ryan Day
Georgiou v Burden
Li Hang v Liang Wenbo
Selt v Bingham
Allen v M.J Williams
Wasley v Murphy
Perry v J.Robertson
M.Davis v R.O'Sullivan

N. Robertson v O'Brien
Xiao Guodong v Highfield
Maguire v Gilbert
King v Hawkins
Trump v Holt
Gould v Carty
Higgins v Ebdon
McGill v Selby

some tasty matches there, plus few surprise match ups.

Is this the actual draw? If so, what a bottom half to Section B. Wow, Trump, Holt, Higgins, Gould, Ebdon and Selby in there and only one goes through to the semi. Robertson has a potentially easy passage, as does Ronnie with Ding only really having to worry about Bingo.

Yep, Ding v. Ronnie, and Robertson v. Trump semis.

Final: Ronnie beats Trump.

rofl