Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Final : Neil Robertson v Shaun Murphy !!

Postby GJ

Very confident on this one

Murphy talks about his improved tactical play , sorry Shaun that's BS he's as nieve as ever in that dept.
Last edited by GJ on 17 Jan 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

I dont think Murphy will replicate this sort of form in the Final, whereas Robbo will maintain his usual very high standard which will be good enough to earn him a 2nd Masters title.

For Murphy to win it he would have to play out of his skin all the match, and I dont think he can do it over 19 frames against Robbo.

I'll be supporting Murphy all the way though, I just hope Murphy starts well and I certainly dont wanna see a runaway victory for Robbo. It can happen you know if Murphy doesnt have a nice start, whereas Robbo could afford a not so great one and still be able to be very much in it.

Hopefully we'll see at least 16 or 17 frames played.

Postby Andre147

AC or LT? wrote:Reckon this will be 15 frames at the least. Both player want it and are playing well so it's just a case of who delivers on the day.

Will be rooting for Murphy as he deserves a career triple crown.

Yeah me too <ok> SO will aswell so Murphy will have a few supporters :-)

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:Reckon this will be 15 frames at the least. Both player want it and are playing well so it's just a case of who delivers on the day.

Will be rooting for Murphy as he deserves a career triple crown.

Yeah me too <ok> SO will aswell so Murphy will have a few supporters :-)

Always against Skullman <cool>

Postby vodkadiet

GJ wrote:Very confident on this one

Murphy talks about his improved tactical play , sorry Shaun that's BS he's as nieve as ever in that dept.

Good assessment. Robertson's safety play and tactical nous is underrated. If you really know the game, you will see how good this part of his game is.

Robertson said in his post match that he has waited for a crack at O'Sullivan for a while. I think he knows he is better than O'Sullivan now, and he would have beaten him at The Crucible had Selby not got in his way.

Robertson proved he is a big match player in every sense of the word. If he meets O'Sullivan at some stage in the worlds, Robertson is definitely favourite, and by some margin. These next few years are his time.

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:

Good assessment. Robertson's safety play and tactical nous is underrated. If you really know the game, you will see how good this part of his game is.

Robertson said in his post match that he has waited for a crack at O'Sullivan for a while. I think he knows he is better than O'Sullivan now, and he would have beaten him at The Crucible had Selby not got in his way.

Robertson proved he is a big match player in every sense of the word. If he meets O'Sullivan at some stage in the worlds, Robertson is definitely favourite, and by some margin. These next few years are his time.

Robertson is that sort of player I see winning multiple World Champs, a bit like MJW. As for Robbo beating Ronnie at Worlds Final, I wouldnt be so sure, ok maybe he would have beaten him but I would have fancied Ronnie's chances a lot more with Robbo on Final at Worlds.

It was better that Selby beat Robbo right? then you could see him make Ronnie suffer like he usually does, especially when coming from behind. As a Ronnie fan, it wasn't nice to watch that 3rd session especially, but after that missed pink I knew he was well and truly gone. And you know what, even if Ronnie had knocked that pink in I still think Selby would have won that match.

The damage was already done when Ronnie being 10-5 ahead couldnt convert that into an 11-6 or even 12-5 lead. It all started with a simple black (same as with Robbo today) missed when leading 10-5.

Postby vodkadiet

Andre147 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

Robertson is that sort of player I see winning multiple World Champs, a bit like MJW. As for Robbo beating Ronnie at Worlds Final, I wouldnt be so sure, ok maybe he would have beaten him but I would have fancied Ronnie's chances a lot more with Robbo on Final at Worlds.

It was better that Selby beat Robbo right? then you could see him make Ronnie suffer like he usually does, especially when coming from behind. As a Ronnie fan, it wasn't nice to watch that 3rd session especially, but after that missed pink I knew he was well and truly gone. And you know what, even if Ronnie had knocked that pink in I still think Selby would have won that match.

The damage was already done when Ronnie being 10-5 ahead couldnt convert that into an 11-6 or even 12-5 lead. It all started with a simple black (same as with Robbo today) missed when leading 10-5.

O'Sullivan had 'previous' with losing to Selby with big leads, that wasn't the case with Robertson This played a crucial factor in Selby recovering to win. O'Sullivan is fearful of Selby coming back to beat him.

I think O'Sullivan now has a far bigger problem. Robertson can bully him from ball one. From here on in O'Sullivan is second favourite when he plays Robertson.

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

O'Sullivan had 'previous' with losing to Selby with big leads, that wasn't the case with Robertson This played a crucial factor in Selby recovering to win. O'Sullivan is fearful of Selby coming back to beat him.

I think O'Sullivan now has a far bigger problem. Robertson can bully him from ball one. From here on in O'Sullivan is second favourite when he plays Robertson.

But this is nothing new regarding Robbo Vodka, Robbo has never been "scared" of playing Ronnie and Robbo always plays the table not the opponent. So this win doesnt change things that much between the two, it was just a bad day at the office, just like Ronnie's World Open Final loss in 2010, this match was very similar to that one. If Ronnie faces him again in the near future I'll fancy him to beat Robbo, or Selby or Trump, whatever. Ronnie is not getting any younger but he's not finished just yet so he has good results left in him aswell, and this defeat like I say doesn't change things too much. The only downside was maybe this was is last real chance of Triple Crown in same season, but I dont care much about that to be honest. Hopefully he can 1 tournament or even 2 before Worlds to to go there fully ready for a 6th Title.

Postby vodkadiet

Andre147 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

But this is nothing new regarding Robbo Vodka, Robbo has never been "scared" of playing Ronnie and Robbo always plays the table not the opponent. So this win doesnt change things that much between the two, it was just a bad day at the office, just like Ronnie's World Open Final loss in 2010, this match was very similar to that one. If Ronnie faces him again in the near future I'll fancy him to beat Robbo, or Selby or Trump, whatever. Ronnie is not getting any younger but he's not finished just yet so he has good results left in him aswell, and this defeat like I say doesn't change things too much. The only downside was maybe this was is last real chance of Triple Crown in same season, but I dont care much about that to be honest. Hopefully he can 1 tournament or even 2 before Worlds to to go there fully ready for a 6th Title.

I think today was a massive day in snooker. Robertson is the World Championship favourite now. O'Sullivan showed today that he can only win when the opponent fears him. Robertson sees O'Sullivan as a seniors player now.

Postby Andre147

Seniors player.. lol <laugh> Wait until the pensioner beats him again <ok>

Regarding the fear factor, it's the same thing in the Davis and Hendry era, more than half of their opponents were beaten mentally before they even played them, and Ronnie is the same, because those 3 have earned that fear factor. Selby, Robbo, Higgins, Hunter and to a lesser extent Trump don't fear Ronnie, but those are just an exception, just like in the Davis and Hendry's eras there were exceptions to the norm.

Postby Wildey

Ronnie lost a snooker Match no Big deal for the future

in December Graeme Dott beat Neil Robertson and Ronnie won the tournament its part of what happens in Sport.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:Ronnie lost a snooker Match no Big deal for the future

in December Graeme Dott beat Neil Robertson and Ronnie won the tournament its part of what happens in Sport.

Exactly, I'll only start to get worried when Ronnie has consecutive defeats in big events, and the manner of those defeats is important aswell. I made a bold predict today (yesterday) that Ronnie will win either German Masters or Welsh Open so hopefully he'll prove me right.

Next he has the biggest tournament of season, the CL <laugh> nice match practice for German Masters it will mean.

Postby vodkadiet

Andre147 wrote:Seniors player.. lol <laugh> Wait until the pensioner beats him again <ok>

Regarding the fear factor, it's the same thing in the Davis and Hendry era, more than half of their opponents were beaten mentally before they even played them, and Ronnie is the same, because those 3 have earned that fear factor. Selby, Robbo, Higgins, Hunter and to a lesser extent Trump don't fear Ronnie, but those are just an exception, just like in the Davis and Hendry's eras there were exceptions to the norm.

You are probably right. Robertson needs to bash him up again. If he plays him at this year's worlds and beats him, then O'Sullivan's time may be called.

A huge step was taken today and I believe O'Sullivan has won his last major. He is 39 andfather time waits for no one.

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:Andre

Try to buy the fish that aren't aren't factory farmed. Many are these days. There is good labelling n the UK. When I went to Portugal I couldn't get a Vegan meal! Lol!

Anyway, let's talk about today's final.

Robertson has too much tactical nous for Murphy.

I

Just finishing that subject, things have changed a lot since you came here (15 years ago was it?) and now you can definately have a Vegan meal, and I know how to choose my fish so yeah I almost never buy factory farmed.

Regarding the Final, Murphy's safety game has improved a lot in recent years (despite GJ saying otherwise <laugh> ) but Robbo's is obviously better and that could be a deciding factor. Murphy will have to rely in his long potting to get in, Robbo too but to a lesser extent.

It's vital that Murphy gets off to a nice start I think, if he doesnt I wouldnt rule out a runaway vicoty for Robbo. Many Masters Finals down the years had all the making of being close ones and many ended up not being so.

P.S. Just moved this to here as I think it makes more sense discussing it here.

Postby Cloud Strife

vodkadiet wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

I think today was a massive day in snooker. Robertson is the World Championship favourite now. O'Sullivan showed today that he can only win when the opponent fears him. Robertson sees O'Sullivan as a seniors player now.

I would have both Robertson and Trump ahead of Ronnie in terms of favoritism for the World Championship.

Postby Andre147

Selby wont be favourite for me even if he wins one 1 or 2 rankers before then.

The Curse is fast approaching <laugh> he definately wont defend his title, greats like Ronnie, Hendry, MJW, Higgins couldnt. Selby may even somehow (unlikely) reach the Final, but he'll fall short just like Doherty and Johnson did.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:Selby wont be favourite for me even if he wins one 1 or 2 rankers before then.

The Curse is fast approaching <laugh> he definately wont defend his title, greats like Ronnie, Hendry, MJW, Higgins couldnt. Selby may even somehow (unlikely) reach the Final, but he'll fall short just like Doherty and Johnson did.

Selby can be ruled out. He may even go out in the first round which shouldn't surprise anyone given how he's played this season.

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:Selby wont be favourite for me even if he wins one 1 or 2 rankers before then.

What about if he loses to Mike Dunn in China?

In all seriousness, I think something is coming for Selby soon, so keep an eye out.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:

What about if he loses to Mike Dunn in China?

In all seriousness, I think something is coming for Selby soon, so keep an eye out.

This time Dunn will lose on purpose just not to see Selby winning it again rofl

Its like I say, Selby may even win 1 or 2 rankers who knows, but as CS said he can pretty much be ruled out already. I would even give Jimmy White more chances of winning the WC this year than Selby rofl