Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Final : Neil Robertson v Shaun Murphy !!

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Selby wont be favourite for me even if he wins one 1 or 2 rankers before then.

The Curse is fast approaching <laugh> he definately wont defend his title, greats like Ronnie, Hendry, MJW, Higgins couldnt. Selby may even somehow (unlikely) reach the Final, but he'll fall short just like Doherty and Johnson did.

What about if he loses to Mike Dunn in China?

In all seriousness, I think something is coming for Selby soon, so keep an eye out.

This time Dunn will lose on purpose just not to see Selby winning it again rofl

Its like I say, Selby may even win 1 or 2 rankers who knows, but as CS said he can pretty much be ruled out already. I would even give Jimmy White more chances of winning the WC this year than Selby rofl

A Jimmy vs Selby R1 match at the Crucible would be tasty!

With Jimmy winning of course. rofl

Postby vodkadiet

Selby needs to re focus. He seems to be wallowing in winning last year's victory. His daughter being horn hasn't helped his focus, but April may be the right time for him.

I think he will re focus for the worlds as he knows how important it is to win it more than once. Robertson will fear Selby more than O'Sullivan.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ronnie not being the clear favourite is the best thing that can happen to him.

It is indeed, so let Robbo or Judd be :wave:

But hopefully until then Ronnie will win at least one more title, we'll see if my bold predict yesterday will be right, I hope so.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

vodkadiet wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Seniors player.. lol <laugh> Wait until the pensioner beats him again <ok>

Regarding the fear factor, it's the same thing in the Davis and Hendry era, more than half of their opponents were beaten mentally before they even played them, and Ronnie is the same, because those 3 have earned that fear factor. Selby, Robbo, Higgins, Hunter and to a lesser extent Trump don't fear Ronnie, but those are just an exception, just like in the Davis and Hendry's eras there were exceptions to the norm.

You are probably right. Robertson needs to bash him up again. If he plays him at this year's worlds and beats him, then O'Sullivan's time may be called.

A huge step was taken today and I believe O'Sullivan has won his last major. He is 39 andfather time waits for no one.

How many times have u said that he is done with majors. FFS he won the last two. I want a robbo ronnie match at the crucible. The only time robbo beat ronnie in a match higher than a bo9 match was today. Ronnie will win some majors before he is done

Postby Clara8633

Andre147 wrote:Selby wont be favourite for me even if he wins one 1 or 2 rankers before then.

The Curse is fast approaching <laugh> he definately wont defend his title, greats like Ronnie, Hendry, MJW, Higgins couldnt. Selby may even somehow (unlikely) reach the Final, but he'll fall short just like Doherty and Johnson did.

Didn't ROS defend his title two years ago?

Postby Clara8633

Andre147 wrote:I would even give Jimmy White more chances of winning the WC this year than Selby rofl

That's even more ridiculous than saying Selt will win this year's WC pmsl

I don't care if Selby defends his title or not, I don't expect him to. He can win the WC for a second time (which is what ROS said) so that's what I'm really looking forward to. I just hope he wins a ranking event this season, whatever it is.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Clara8633 wrote:

Didn't ROS defend his title two years ago?

Yes, but the Crucible Curse is that no first time world champion retains his title the following year.This has not happened since the world championship moved to the Crucible in '77.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:

Selby can be ruled out. He may even go out in the first round which shouldn't surprise anyone given how he's played this season.

Between now and Sheffield Selby will play in 7 tournaments having only played in 9 and won 1 already this season so his season is only half way through.

So there's plenty of time for a turn around before sheffield

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:This is the thread for the final but its also about the tournament in general and feel free to discuss whats gone on during the week.

I met the front row hair girls. It was the highlight of my week. :D

(After seeing Sundaygirl of course.) :emb:

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Selby could use an easy opponent in a final for once.

I Always felt the opposite Harder the Better you get so much more out of a win and you aren't complacent going in to the match...

If your form not there doesn't matter who you play you will lose.