Post a reply

Why is The Masters considered Ronnie's 'home turf'?

Postby snooker_loopy

It's been mentioned for years that The Masters is Ronnie's home turf, the crowd love him because it's his home event. Neil Robertson mentioned it was his 'home turf' in the video interview before today's match.

But...

Born 5 December 1975 (age 39) Wordsley, West Midlands, England

Ronald Antonio "Ronnie" O'Sullivan (born 5 December 1975)[5] is an English professional snooker player from Chigwell, Essex

The Masters regular home was Wembley in North London. It's now at Alexandra Palace in North London. That isn't Wordsley nor Chignell.

Why this made-up belief that Ronnie is a Londoner playing his local London event? :shrug:

Re: Why is The Masters considered Ronnie's 'home turf'?

Postby SnookerFan

snooker_loopy wrote:It's been mentioned for years that The Masters is Ronnie's home turf, the crowd love him because it's his home event. Neil Robertson mentioned it was his 'home turf' in the video interview before today's match.

But...

Born 5 December 1975 (age 39) Wordsley, West Midlands, England

Ronald Antonio "Ronnie" O'Sullivan (born 5 December 1975)[5] is an English professional snooker player from Chigwell, Essex

The Masters regular home was Wembley in North London. It's now at Alexandra Palace in North London. That isn't Wordsley nor Chignell.

Why this made-up belief that Ronnie is a Londoner playing his local London event? :shrug:

Because it's the BBC that say that.

I'll be honest, I didn't realise myself he wasn't born in Chigwell for several years. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the BBC just didn't know where he was born.

And even if they do, I don't suppose they care. Chigwell isn't that convenient for the Ally Pally if we're honest, but they like to hype these things up.

Re: Why is The Masters considered Ronnie's 'home turf'?

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:Maybe that's why he's so keen to play in it this year.

rofl :clap: Ronnie has played in that twice before actually, in 2010 and 2011, but both times only played one Group.The first year he was relegated, the second he didn't bother turning up for Group 3 and withdrew.

It's just paid practice, and if Ronnie weren't playing in this maybe he would still be practicing anyway. And it's a great chance to increase his tons tally even further, Judd will be playing in his 3rd Group in a row and will add more tons to his tally aswell, Robbo last season made 22 tons only on CL. If it wasn't for that he wouldn't have gotten the 100.