Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Semi Finals : Mark Allen v Shaun Murphy

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I'll try my best <laugh>

Who has a better chance against Robbo tomorrow? What do you guys think?

Murphy has had a torrid time recently in the H2H (I think only 1 win since 2010) while Allen is more even. However, Allen has lost to Robbo at the Masters three years in a row now, and as their Worlds match last year showed, I don't think he can cope with Robbo's top level.

Murphy has more chance of potting his way out trouble.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:I'll try my best <laugh>

Who has a better chance against Robbo tomorrow? What do you guys think?

Murphy has had a torrid time recently in the H2H (I think only 1 win since 2010) while Allen is more even. However, Allen has lost to Robbo at the Masters three years in a row now, and as their Worlds match last year showed, I don't think he can cope with Robbo's top level.

Murphy has more chance of potting his way out trouble.

Conclusion: it's not looking good for either player.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:I think Allen because Murphy has a history of disappointing in finals against heavyweights.

Whereas Allen has history of winning big finals?

OK he only made one big final but he pushed an in form Trump very hard there. And Mark could have beaten Robbo the last two years at the Masters, it was very close.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:It'll be five. They met in 2011 as well, when Allen won.

5? well thats incredible really, dont think any players besides those have met 5 times in a row at Masters, or even 4 for that matter.

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:allen did beat at the masters in 2011. tho of the three losses were in deciders.

i have a sneaky feeling that we will have a first time masters champ. neil couldnt deliever in 2012 because he peaked too early and lost many finals lately.

nah Robbo will win this, just cant see how he wont win it.

Allen or Murhphy wont beat him over 19 frames, I'll be very very surprised if they do.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:allen did beat at the masters in 2011. tho of the three losses were in deciders.

i have a sneaky feeling that we will have a first time masters champ. neil couldnt deliever in 2012 because he peaked too early and lost many finals lately.

nah Robbo will win this, just cant see how he wont win it.

Allen or Murhphy wont beat him over 19 frames, I'll be very very surprised if they do.

You love making the big calls, don't you? :hatoff:

Postby TheRocket

masterdoctorgenius wrote:but the biggest disappointment of the season isnt selby. it is ding. where the hell did his form go?

I still believe the first round loss at the WC affected him. He won so much last season but people still talk about his poor record in the Crucible and he knows it and as long as he doesn't win the title there, the talk will keep going.

Postby Holden Chinaski

TheRocket wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:but the biggest disappointment of the season isnt selby. it is ding. where the hell did his form go?

I still believe the first round loss at the WC affected him. He won so much last season but people still talk about his poor record in the Crucible and he knows it and as long as he doesn't win the title there, the talk will keep going.

I would love to see Ding find back his form. I think Ding playing at his very best is a better player than Selby, Robbo and Trump. It's just that he has problems in the mental department... But when he plays his A game he's a genius and his style reminds me of an in form John Higgins.