Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Semi Finals : Mark Allen v Shaun Murphy

Postby Cloud Strife

TheRocket wrote:If Murphy keeps scoring like he did after the MSI, he has a chance against Robertson, but boy, it will be very tough for him to complete the Triple crown against this opponent.

Murphy the favourite for me. He played better than Robbo today.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:JV dissed the referree

What did JV say this time?

This ref is top class.

Very well done Alex Crisan :hatoff:

You seem to be a big fan of this referee. Is he a relative of yours?

No, it's another reason I won't be telling here, at least not now.

But the ref is top class and he was right in saying to that hammer not to have his flash on the camera, maybe not the most appropriate time when Allen was preparing to cue but anwyay.
Last edited by Andre147 on 17 Jan 2015, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:JV dissed the referree

What did JV say this time?

This ref is top class.

Very well done Alex Crisan :hatoff:

while allen was preparing to cue the ref said that one should put his camera away

JV didnt like it.

JV and the whole BBC team rofl pmsl

Postby TheRocket

Skullman wrote:Don't forget he played awesome stuff against Carter in the 2012 UK semi and then was turgid against Selby in the final.

Yes, I remember that match. Must have been one of the poorest UK finals I've ever seen in terms of standard.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Skullman wrote:Don't forget he played awesome stuff against Carter in the 2012 UK semi and then was turgid against Selby in the final.

Yes, I remember that match. Must have been one of the poorest UK finals I've ever seen in terms of standard.

Yes Skull made a good point, but this Murphy is diferent so he wont roll over that easily.

Saying that, I really cant see him beating Robbo over 19 frames. I'll be surprised if Murphy gets to 7 or 8 frames to be fair.

Postby Andre147

Allen almost didnt score in the 6 frames on the bounce he lost.

This was Murphy scoring like in 2005 Worlds, only with a much better safety game.

Should be a cracking final if both players produce their usual high standard they showed us so far.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Murphy is a man on a mission. That will be dangerous for Robbo. Shaun BADLY wants that title.

Yeah SO but that will put even more pressure on him. Robbo already won this and has a much better record over Shaun.

Robbo will win it I think, cant see Murphy beating him, but like you (I think) i'll be rooting for Murphy all the way, he DEFINATELY deserves to have the Triple Crown events.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:But Robbo will be a lot more dangerous than Allen today, especially in the safety and long potting departments.

I dont think Murphy will replicate this sort of form in the Final, whereas Robbo will maintain his usual very high standard which will be good enough to earn him a 2nd Masters title.

For Murphy to win it he would have to play out of his skin all the match, and I dont think he can do it over 19 frames against Robbo.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Murphy is a man on a mission. That will be dangerous for Robbo. Shaun BADLY wants that title.

Yeah SO but that will put even more pressure on him. Robbo already won this and has a much better record over Shaun.

Robbo will win it I think, cant see Murphy beating him, but like you (I think) i'll be rooting for Murphy all the way, he DEFINATELY deserves to have the Triple Crown events.

Yes I'll be rooting for Murphy :-)

Postby vodkadiet

SnookerFan wrote:I want Robbo to win, I think.

But Murphy getting the 3rd of the TC , I wouldn't complain about.

If Murphy wins he deserves it because Robertson is at the peak of his powers.