Topic locked

Re: Dafabet Masters S Finals :Ronnie O'Sullivan v Neil Rober

Postby TheRocket

Black day for Ronnie O'Sullivan. However. As I said beforehand. As dissapointing this is, it's "bearable". I would have taken an UK-win and Masters semi at anytime.

And It's all about the World Championship now. Cutting off thse silly mistakes is what he has to do and then he has every chance to lift the WC for the sixth time.

And well done to Robbo. Always has been one of my favourite players. Hope, he can win the title now. Topplayer. As I said yesterday, definitely an Underachiever.

Postby NNear

Robertson is simply displaying Majors winning form. This is top level form for a top level event from an extremely solid and well rounded player. The other finalist will have his work cut out and go in as the clear underdog.

Postby Skullman

NNear wrote:Robertson is simply displaying Majors winning form. This is top level form for a top level event from an extremely solid and well rounded player. The other finalist will have his work cut out and go in as the clear underdog.

No Selby to stop him this time either.

Postby Skullman

I'm going to bring this up again, but maybe ROS is in decline? Note: I've been thinking this for a while, not just being reactionary, just waiting for him to lose.

Despite his great play in the CoC, he has been getting more inconsistent and been relying on his matchplay more rather than deadly long potting and precise position, like Higgins in his later years.

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:That's just snooker. Ronnie couldn't get a foothold and Robbo was unplayable.

Ronnie can't win them all.

We should be realistic. As much as I respect Robbo as a player and praise him for that performance today but he wasn't unplayable. Ronnie had very very good chances in every single frame but missed them. It wasn't sublime Snooker by Robertson but great matchplay overall.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:I'm going to bring this up again, but maybe ROS is in decline? Note: I've been thinking this for a while, not just being reactionary, just waiting for him to lose.

Despite his great play in the CoC, he has been getting more inconsistent and been relying on his matchplay more rather than deadly long potting and precise position, like Higgins in his later years.

Not you Skull rofl Many were saying decline after Ronnie lost to MJW at IC and Ronnie proved them wrong.

Ronnie loves to rpove people wrong so he'll do t again. <ok>

Postby TheRocket

Skullman wrote:I'm going to bring this up again, but maybe ROS is in decline? Note: I've been thinking this for a while, not just being reactionary, just waiting for him to lose.

It's still to early to say that but I think, this World Championship will give us the answer. But atm he's missing so many silly balls and messing up the position. That's for sure.

Postby NNear

Yes, Robbo could have played even better, but overall his standard wasn't just high but his levels of focus were outstanding other than one or two instances. He looks focused and hungry for the title here and overall I think it would be good if he won this event because he's the world #1. He's played a full schedule and represented the sport consistently, has the best overall results and the #1 rank and it would now be fitting that he adds another TC Major to his collection. The key think for Robbo is his play is a minimum standard of 'very good' across -all- departments right now.

Postby Skullman

Just looking at the stats. Two things, last time Ronnie got beaten heavily a big match was in 2012, the Welsh Open semi against Selby (6-2 Selby).

Second thing. Whenever Robbo beats ROS in a big event, he goes on to win the whole thing.

Postby NNear

Well skullman, Ronnie hasn't been in the form he'd like to be in for the last three Triple Crown events in a row now, so certainly if not decline as such then his peak may have ended as that's a long time to not produce your best stuff in those biggest events. He did manage to win one of them though so he can win these things but he looks more ordinary at the moment and has done for a long time, rather than looking head and shoulders above the rest. Despite him producing incredible stuff at the CoC, I tend to use form at the biggest events as the benchmark.

Postby hendry_fan

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!.

:happy: Brilliant stuff fae "The Thunder from down under!". :happy:

Finally someone has stepped up and given Ronnie a game of it!.

Thats the first time Ronnies been put under any real,BIG presure for a lonnnnnnng time,and what happens,he crumbles!.

It was gettin very tireing watchin how rubbish most of Ronnies opponents were playin against him,but finally good old Robbo is the man,one of the very few lately that has taken those chances Ronnie gave and managed to keep up a high standard throughout the match and punish him.

Even though Robbo was top draw today,he still gave Ronnie a few chances and almost left him off the hook at one point,but Ronnie just kept missing and did,nt take em.

:happy: :happy: Well done ROBBO!!. :happy: :happy: