Topic locked

Re: Dafabet Masters S Finals :Ronnie O'Sullivan v Neil Rober

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:SO, how you do you see this one going? A bit similar to their CoC meeting which was also Best of 11?

I think in order to beat Robbo, Ronnie has to apply almost the same tactics as he usually does against Trump, but Robbo has a better safety game has to be said.

Robbo isn't quite as aggressive and dangerous as Trump at his best. But Robbo is less likely to squander chances than Trump. I expect many one visit frames tomorrow. Long potting and safety play will be vital.

It will be interesting to see if the mere aura of Ronnie and this special occasion will put pressure on Neil. Because Robbo witnessed in the past that Ronnie's best is just that little bit better than his best and he lost the last couple of big matches against him.

I expect a high quality match with Ronnie winning 6-4.

Postby Muppet147

Andre147 wrote:SO, how you do you see this one going? A bit similar to their CoC meeting which was also Best of 11?

I think in order to beat Robbo, Ronnie has to apply almost the same tactics as he usually does against Trump, but Robbo has a better safety game has to be said.

Sorry. I know this question wasn't directed at me. But ...6-4 to O'Sullivan.

I think it will be a very high standard with both players in the mid 90% pot success.

Postby Paddpotter

Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Robbo isn't quite as aggressive and dangerous as Trump at his best. But Robbo is less likely to squander chances than Trump. I expect many one visit frames tomorrow. Long potting and safety play will be vital.

It will be interesting to see if the mere aura of Ronnie and this special occasion will put pressure on Neil. Because Robbo witnessed in the past that Ronnie's best is just that little bit better than his best and he lost the last couple of big matches against him.

I expect a high quality match with Ronnie winning 6-4.

For me it's about time Robertson wins a big one against Ronnie. I was surprised it didn't happen the last couple of times tbh. Robertson for me but if I'm wrong I'll be happy

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Neil Robertson wrote:“Now I get to play Ronnie, the defending champion, in a semi-final in front of a full house at the Masters. What more do you want?

“All season I have been the favourite in virtually every match, so maybe it won’t hurt going in to one not being the favourite. But we always have good matches and the head to head isn’t that bad for me in the major tournaments.”

Ali Carter wrote:“You can forget about Ronnie O’Sullivan or anyone like that, if Neil plays like that there is only one winner of this tournament for me."

http://www.inside-snooker.com/snooker/2 ... preme-test

Ronnie only second favourite tomorrow? ;-)

Postby Paddpotter

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Neil Robertson wrote:“Now I get to play Ronnie, the defending champion, in a semi-final in front of a full house at the Masters. What more do you want?

“All season I have been the favourite in virtually every match, so maybe it won’t hurt going in to one not being the favourite. But we always have good matches and the head to head isn’t that bad for me in the major tournaments.”

Ali Carter wrote:“You can forget about Ronnie O’Sullivan or anyone like that, if Neil plays like that there is only one winner of this tournament for me."

Ronnie only second favourite tomorrow? :roll:

Makes perfect sense to me

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Paddpotter wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Ronnie only second favourite tomorrow? :roll:

Makes perfect sense to me

Sorry I picked the wrong smiley :irk: That changes the whole meaning of my post <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Ronnie is different though.

ive seen players play brilliantly all week then comes up against Ronnie and they fold like a deck of cards.

it happened with Davis and Hendry before him.

it will be interesting to see if Neil can keep that form going under the pressure Ronnie will put him under

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Wildey wrote:Ronnie is different though.

ive seen players play brilliantly all week then comes up against Ronnie and they fold like a deck of cards.

it will be interesting to see if Neil can keep that form going under the pressure Ronnie will put him under

Absolutely. Playing brilliant against Carter is one thing, doing it against the best player in the world in the semi finals of the Masters is something completely different.

It has to be said, Robbo is extremely good in these situations and he loves the big occasion but even he isn't immune to pressure. I expect him to miss some pressure shots tomorrow...

Postby Paddpotter

Robertson hasn't done it in the past and that surprised me. There has to be a point where he gets over his Ronnie love. I'm hoping this will be that moment because he is more than capable of beating him

Postby Andre147

Yes Wild couldnt agree more, I too wouldnt read much into Robbo's brilliant performance against Carter because it's all on the day really, and like you say Ronnie has that aura that the greats Davis and Hendry had, and the fact that this is such a big match, their highest profile match since Worlds 2012, may put more pressure on Robbo. Ronnie has seen it all before so he wont be phased by that performance.

As SO says, safety play will be vital and who can knock the most long balls in to make frame winning breaks. About time these two played again in a Big occasion such as this.

And SO's dream Final Ronnie v Allen is just one match away, but both will have to work very hard I feel to make the Final.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I think this thread will have more pages before a ball is potted than the entire Maguire v Murphy match thread has now <laugh>

Nothing will ever beat the 104 pages of the last season's World Final. I think before a ball was potted there were already 15 pages or something similar <laugh>

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:I think this thread will have more pages before a ball is potted than the entire Maguire v Murphy match thread has now <laugh>

Nothing will ever beat the 104 pages of the last season's World Final. I think before a ball was potted there were already 15 pages or something similar <laugh>

That was insane. It was the first time here on Snooker Island I couldn't read all the posts, there were just too many. And after the match finished I had absolutely no desire go back through the posts :wave:

These two days were the most exhausting snooker days I ever experienced. :roll: I was knackered before the fourth session even started.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
And SO's dream Final Ronnie v Allen is just one match away, but both will have to work very hard I feel to make the Final.

I would also take Murphy v Ronnie now <laugh> Ronnie hasn't played either in a big final yet so I really hope Ronnie gets the job done tomorrow.

I definately want an Allen v Ronnie match, and I don't think Allen would be any harder than Robbo, especially in a Best of 19 Final at Masters where Ronnie always raises his game, Allen wouldn't be able to cope with it, just like he couldnt in this season's two Big Finals he reached. It takes a diferent animal to win a Big Final such as this tournament. Murphy v Ronnie would be good but just not the same, besides, Allen and Ronnie have played very few matches, only 3.

Postby Paddpotter

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

I would also take Murphy v Ronnie now <laugh> Ronnie hasn't played either in a big final yet so I really hope Ronnie gets the job done tomorrow.

Is he really going to win 3 major finals on the trot?? He can do but will he??

Postby Paddpotter

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Paddpotter wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Paddpotter wrote:Betting wise I have an 85% win ratio. But this one is tough. Robertson by head..Ronnie by heart. on of those again

You should enter the predicts then :wave:

I never realised you had that?

Had what?

A betting thing going on? I make money from betting. It's my thing

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Paddpotter wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Paddpotter wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Paddpotter wrote:Betting wise I have an 85% win ratio. But this one is tough. Robertson by head..Ronnie by heart. on of those again

You should enter the predicts then :wave:

I never realised you had that?

Had what?

A betting thing going on? I make money from betting. It's my thing

No, I never bet. You can never look at a match the same way after you placed a bet. I just want to enjoy the snooker.

I meant the prediction contest here on Snooker Island. Just for fun.

Postby Andre147

RJFindlay wrote:Ronnie to win playing left handed.

His nickname the Rocket doesn't do him justice. He should be called the Jedi.

Tomorrow it's basically the master against the apprentice. But make no mistake, the force is indeed strong with the latter.

lol.. <laugh> There's only one The Force, and that's Peter Ebdon.

Playing left handed huh... well he will play left handed but only when he truly needs to, long are the times when he played left handed to ease his frustrations.