Topic locked

Re: Dafabet Masters S Finals :Ronnie O'Sullivan v Neil Rober

Postby Andre147

Paddpotter wrote:Ronnie of old ..no question. Robbie will get chances and if he takes them he will win. It is as simple as that

But that's always the case, not just against Ronnie but against anyone else. If they take their chances they win, it's about making the most of those you get. Against Ronnie more so than probably most players you need to take your chances early and put him under pressure. If you dont he'll just steamroll you, he's the best front runner this game has ever seen so if you allow him 3 or 4 frames advantage it's basically gone.

Of course players like Selby and Hunter have been able to reverse huge deficits, but you better not try and be 3 or 4 behind against Ronnie because more often than not they end up losing.

Hopefully Ronnie too will start well, Robbo isn't that sort of player who would squander a nice lead.

Postby RJFindlay

Paddpotter wrote:
RJFindlay wrote:Ronnie to win playing left handed.

His nickname the Rocket doesn't do him justice. He should be called the Jedi.

Tomorrow it's basically the master against the apprentice. But make no mistake, the force is indeed strong with the latter.

What?

I thought this post made perfect sense. It's post of the day material.

Postby Andre147

Paddpotter wrote:I dunno. Usually I'm pretty good with my money but something tells me Ronnie will do something amazing again. I won't bet on this on this one because I really don't know.

Amazing like what? 147? Doubt that will happen, would love him to mind you but the most important thing is winning the match.

Postby Paddpotter

Andre147 wrote:
Paddpotter wrote:I dunno. Usually I'm pretty good with my money but something tells me Ronnie will do something amazing again. I won't bet on this on this one because I really don't know.

Amazing like what? 147? Doubt that will happen, would love him to mind you but the most important thing is winning the match.

I'm talking about betting mate. I make a living from betting.

Postby Paddpotter

To note my betting is quite varied but I'm not usually wrong. But sometimes with snooker my heart bucks me up! I've gone for the Aussie from the start but Ronnie has screwed up a few of my bets and there is nothing to suggest so far that he won't do again. Yes the Aussie was impressive in the last round but nothing to make me lump a massive sum on the guy. Could go either way and I'm looking for some good odds

Postby Paddpotter

RJFindlay wrote:Betting on the thunder from down under? He'll be the whimper from down under when Ronnie is done with him.

Thing is mate he has lost the last 2 major games against Ronnie and he is so much of a winner I really believe this time he will go all out to beat him. He is a clever guy and he will read up on everything that has been said and I honestly believe this will make a difference....because if I was Robertson and I was media savvy and I read everything I would be ultra confident. We are living in the media age and I'm sure a few players read this site for instance. You can win Robbie!!

Or I should say good luck mate

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Interesting preview:

"Today will see snooker fans everywhere self-soiling as it’s showdown time between Ronnie and Robbo. Ron came through against Marco without ever being tested and Robbo steamrollered Ali Carter in as good a match of snooker that you will ever see from anyone.

It remains to be seen whether Robbo can enter the arena today in similar peacock mode, it’s very rare that a player can do this against Ronnie, but surely this has to be Neil’s game plan.

For me, this highlights an old adage used by coaches across the land since the year dot, namely, that you should always play the table and not the player. I disagree with this and Robbo is the prime example of why in the modern game, this theory is dated.

He struts around the table like a cockerel who’s just rogered the best looking chicken in town when he knows he has his opponent beat, watching him live is even more of an eye-opener, even the way he sits, the fact he uses an enormous white beach towel to clean his cue, everything about him screams confidence and is designed to intimidate opponents, more often than not it works.

Ronnie seems to do the same but I don’t think he actually does it intentionally. His mere presence is enough to give him the advantage and I’m sure Robbo knows this and is trying his best to have a similar effect. As well as what happens on the table, the fascinating thing about today’s match is what happens off it. Ronnie has much the better of their tussles in the past, but Robbo goes into this in far better form. What will happen? I’m not sure but I think I may have just snake hissed myself with anticipation."

http://www.snookerbacker.com/2015/01/17 ... mi-finals/

Postby Cloud Strife

AC or LT? wrote:Can someone help me out here? Coral are offering 7/1 and 4/1 on the Allen and Murphy match am I righht in thinking this is guaranteed profit if I stick ten on each?

I think you're looking at the outright market there. Either will have to go on and win the whole tournament for that bet to win.

Postby AC or LT?

Cloud Strife wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:Can someone help me out here? Coral are offering 7/1 and 4/1 on the Allen and Murphy match am I righht in thinking this is guaranteed profit if I stick ten on each?

Thought it was too good to be true.

I think you're looking at the outright market there. Either will have to go on and win the whole tournament for that bet to win.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Interesting preview:

"Today will see snooker fans everywhere self-soiling as it’s showdown time between Ronnie and Robbo. Ron came through against Marco without ever being tested and Robbo steamrollered Ali Carter in as good a match of snooker that you will ever see from anyone.

It remains to be seen whether Robbo can enter the arena today in similar peacock mode, it’s very rare that a player can do this against Ronnie, but surely this has to be Neil’s game plan.

For me, this highlights an old adage used by coaches across the land since the year dot, namely, that you should always play the table and not the player. I disagree with this and Robbo is the prime example of why in the modern game, this theory is dated.

He struts around the table like a cockerel who’s just rogered the best looking chicken in town when he knows he has his opponent beat, watching him live is even more of an eye-opener, even the way he sits, the fact he uses an enormous white beach towel to clean his cue, everything about him screams confidence and is designed to intimidate opponents, more often than not it works.

Ronnie seems to do the same but I don’t think he actually does it intentionally. His mere presence is enough to give him the advantage and I’m sure Robbo knows this and is trying his best to have a similar effect. As well as what happens on the table, the fascinating thing about today’s match is what happens off it. Ronnie has much the better of their tussles in the past, but Robbo goes into this in far better form. What will happen? I’m not sure but I think I may have just snake hissed myself with anticipation."

http://www.snookerbacker.com/2015/01/17 ... mi-finals/

Yes I too love reading his previews, he definately has his own way which makes it even more compelling to read.

Also can't wait for it, a bit nervous mind you as Robbo of course can definately knock Ronnie out. This for me is like their Worlds 2012 match, the Final so to speak, so if Ronnie wins it I really can't see him not winning a 6th Masters title.