Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Quarter Finals : Joe Perry v Mark Allen

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:This match is laughably bad.

I think they've both missed more than they have potted.

It is, both players so so bad its unbelievable really.

only Wild is enjoying this, according to him its exciting rofl

both look like amateurs out there. I would have been enjoying this if it was a long match BUT with great safety and great tactical play, but this is just marmite play pmsl

Postby Andre147

And SO was right a while ago, this is why Allen hasnt won any Majors in his career, how can he play this bad after such a great performance... A Ronnie, Robbo, Higgins and Hendry at their prime would have won this 6-0 by now given how Perry is playing.

Postby mantorok

Cloud Strife wrote:
RJFindlay wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:I'd give Murphy's new bird a solid 5/10.

That's being generous

pmsl

Clearly you have higher standards than I do.

Either that or he's banging a top model right now, or he's 15, or he's jealous, I'll let you pick one.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Skullman wrote:I think if Hendry got his cue he could beat either of these guys right now...

Hendry was worse than this in his last match against Maguire. I don't see how he could have improved in retirement.

God yes please god he wont enter the World Championship.

Postby mantorok

shankly wrote:
mantorok wrote:Glad to see Perry's form against Ronnie in last years WC wasn't a fluke.....oh wait.

It's as much of a fluke as his performance today. Perry is a solid pro.

Just unfortunate they both picked the same day to play like a potato.

A solid journeymen you mean.

Postby mantorok

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Skullman wrote:I think if Hendry got his cue he could beat either of these guys right now...

Hendry was worse than this in his last match against Maguire. I don't see how he could have improved in retirement.

He won't, it's just a friendly bit of banter because Ronnie is cleaning up and Hendry know's deep down the reason for that is the lack of quality on the circuit right now.

It's funny.

Postby Wildey

mantorok wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

He won't, it's just a friendly bit of banter because Ronnie is cleaning up and Hendry know's deep down the reason for that is the lack of quality on the circuit right now.

It's funny.

theres still talk he might enter the WC hope we've seen the last of hendry playing.

Postby Skullman

mantorok wrote:
Skullman wrote:
mantorok wrote:A solid journeymen you mean.

Much better than a journeyman.

Really? Is that why his trophies are spilling over his mantle-piece these days?

We clearly have different definitions of journeymen. I'm guessing you're classing as someone who doesn't win all the time (or at all), which is a fair description of Perry but he has got quite close and can play very well.

I'm using the more common definition of snooker, players who basically just turn up to the venues because they can play well in the cubicles and have no/very little chance of beating the top players aka a Peter Lines, Alfie Burdn etc.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:
mantorok wrote:
Skullman wrote:
mantorok wrote:A solid journeymen you mean.

Much better than a journeyman.

Really? Is that why his trophies are spilling over his mantle-piece these days?

We clearly have different definitions of journeymen. I'm guessing you're classing as someone who doesn't win all the time (or at all), which is a fair description of Perry but he has got quite close and can play very well.

I'm using the more common definition of snooker, players who basically just turn up to the venues because they can play well in the cubicles and have no/very little chance of beating the top players aka a Peter Lines, Alfie Burdn etc.

Jimmy White is a Journeyman these days

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Anyway, I have a feeling Perry might win this match, as he seems the stronger player since the MSI.

Of course he could always twitch when the winning line approaches.

Thats exactly what I think will happen, mind you though there's less pressure on him now since he finally won a match at Masters, but still he wants to win this obviously.