Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Quarter Finals : Joe Perry v Mark Allen

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:Anyway, I have a feeling Perry might win this match, as he seems the stronger player since the MSI.

Of course he could always twitch when the winning line approaches.

Thats exactly what I think will happen, mind you though there's less pressure on him now since he finally won a match at Masters, but still he wants to win this obviously.

Well I thought he'd twitch against Ding, but he didn't.

Postby Skullman

mantorok wrote:The most depressing thing about this match is the winner is going to face Maguire or Murphy, 2 renowned chokers - should be a classic Semi Final between the privileged that one!

Do you think any players apart from Ronnie are good then?

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
mantorok wrote:
Skullman wrote:
mantorok wrote:A solid journeymen you mean.

Much better than a journeyman.

Really? Is that why his trophies are spilling over his mantle-piece these days?

We clearly have different definitions of journeymen. I'm guessing you're classing as someone who doesn't win all the time (or at all), which is a fair description of Perry but he has got quite close and can play very well.

I'm using the more common definition of snooker, players who basically just turn up to the venues because they can play well in the cubicles and have no/very little chance of beating the top players aka a Peter Lines, Alfie Burdn etc.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3956

Postby Wildey

RJFindlay wrote:If Hendry does return to the WC, the Rocket will simply beat him back into retirement.

Hendry will need to win 3 matches just to reach the Crucible

Postby mantorok

Skullman wrote:
mantorok wrote:The most depressing thing about this match is the winner is going to face Maguire or Murphy, 2 renowned chokers - should be a classic Semi Final between the privileged that one!

They're all good, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realise that the best players (Selby, Trump, Ding) are out and that Robbo and Ronnie are the clear favourites that remain. You know, guys who can play on a big stage like this without falling to pieces.

Postby Cloud Strife

RJFindlay wrote:If Hendry does return to the WC, the Rocket will simply beat him back into retirement.

To be fair, I don't think it would require someone as good as Ronnie to beat Hendry. Perry or Allen, playing the way they have today, could send him packing.

Postby Skullman

mantorok wrote:They're all good, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realise that the best players (Selby, Trump, Ding) are out and that Robbo and Ronnie are the clear favourites that remain. You know, guys who can play on a big stage like this without falling to pieces.

In that case, I'd say Mags and Murphy could at least handle a Masters semi, especially against Allen or Perry.

Postby mantorok

Skullman wrote:
mantorok wrote:They're all good, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realise that the best players (Selby, Trump, Ding) are out and that Robbo and Ronnie are the clear favourites that remain. You know, guys who can play on a big stage like this without falling to pieces.

In that case, I'd say Mags and Murphy could at least handle a Masters semi, especially against Allen or Perry.

Well they're better players, simple as that.

This match is simply garbage, it has to be said.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

mantorok wrote:
Skullman wrote:

They're all good, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realise that the best players (Selby, Trump, Ding) are out and that Robbo and Ronnie are the clear favourites that remain. You know, guys who can play on a big stage like this without falling to pieces.

Allen, Maguire or Murphy won't fall apart in a final against Robbo or Ronnie. I don't think they'll win but they will give them a decent match.

Postby freakmoomin

Sometimes i really enjoy both players missing and there being masses of tension and excitment......but......this is just awful........

I would love Hendry to come back for the worlds, I know its just wishful thinking but some time away from competing could possibly have rejuvenated him...but he seems to be enjoying life a little too much....so i doubt it... he just doesnt seem to need it any more.