Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Ding Junhui v Joe Perry !

Postby Holden Chinaski

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Ding doesn't look motivated at all.

Agreed but how is that possible? This is the Masters for christs sake.

I don't understand it either. Maybe he has some problems in his personal llife. He looks like he doesn't enjoy playing the game anymore. He's got all the talent in the world... it's a shame.

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

I don't understand it either. Maybe he has some problems in his personal llife. He looks like he doesn't enjoy playing the game anymore. He's got all the talent in the world... it's a shame.

Ding has always been consistently inconsistent.

Postby TheRocket

I wouldn't be that surprised if he isn't 100% motivated. Ding knows like we do that people will keep talking about his poor record in the Crucible, no matter how many other tournaments he has won and will win. It's all about the World Championship in case of Ding.

I'm sure, he can't wait and he wants to put that right and he will. He'll win the WC before he reaches the age of 30 ( within the next two attemps he'll make it)

Postby Snooker Overdrive

SnookerFan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Last season?

Postby SnookerFan

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Last season?

His best season, obviously.

You could argue he was good in Asia, and less good elsewhere.

Postby V.V

TheRocket wrote:I wouldn't be that surprised if he isn't 100% motivated. Ding knows like we do that people will keep talking about his poor record in the Crucible, no matter how many other tournaments he has won and will win. It's all about the World Championship in case of Ding.

I'm sure, he can't wait and he wants to put that right and he will. He'll win the WC before he reaches the age of 30 ( within the next two attemps he'll make it)

I hope so, I thought he would be the reign for 2016-2020 but now..

Well, as Simon and Garfunkel sung

"Where have you go ding junhui, A nation [snooker-fans] turns its lonely eyes to you"

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ding dragged Perry down to his level but now Joe found is game and it's 3-1.

Ding so far being exactly like I predicted and Perry taking his chances.

very disappointing from Ding, but one positive thing is that in the last 2 or 3 years he doesnt let his head down like he used to when behind, so things can suddenly change and he starts playing well.

I think if Ding wins it'll be 6-5, if Perry wins he'll win it 6-4.

Postby Cannonball

So Ding needs to make an adjustment to his alignment pretty quick. Small correction required. I feel sorry for him; not easy living and working away from home almost all the time. And in a foreign language country as well.

Postby Andre147

Cannonball wrote:So Ding needs to make an adjustment to his alignment pretty quick. Small correction required. I feel sorry for him; not easy living and working away from home almost all the time. And in a foreign language country as well.

You should become a coach mate, you seem to know those kind of stuff pretty well. World Snooker always have coaching courses so you should apply to one, I think you wouldnt regret it.

Postby Cannonball

Did you see Perry's grip on the cue during that break. Wow, I think two fingers weren't in contact with the butt of the cue. That's really unusual, a very light grip indeed. He kind of pokes it, not much cue power at all. He also cues from quite high up, his shoulder getting no where near the rail. A strange technique these days, almost like a billiards technique from years gone by.

Postby Skullman

Just looking at my snooker stats file. Previous record for centuries in last 16 of the Masters was 12, made last year.

This year we're already on 16. Weird, because it doesn't feel like the highest quality ever, despite a few good matches.

Postby Cloud Strife

Skullman wrote:Just looking at my snooker stats file. Previous record for centuries in last 16 of the Masters was 12, made last year.

This year we're already on 16. Weird, because it doesn't feel like the highest quality ever, despite a few good matches.

It's either been very good or very bad. There hasn't been much in between.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Cannonball wrote:So Ding needs to make an adjustment to his alignment pretty quick. Small correction required. I feel sorry for him; not easy living and working away from home almost all the time. And in a foreign language country as well.

I felt sorry for Ding in the 2007 Masters final against Ronnie. He was just a boy then.

But nowadays he's a matured multi millionaire sport superstar who can live wherever he wants to. I don't think he's in need of sympathy anymore.

Postby Cannonball

Andre147 wrote:I have a friend who is a certified EBSA coach, ok it can cost a bit of money to become a professional coach but he now runs a club and he now has numerous students.

You know me already! I have thought about it a lot. The cost isn't an issue, either WS or IBSF badges. But where I live, folk can be tight and worry about spending anything on coaching. I don't know why because music tuition is £25/hr, so it makes sense that snooker tuition would be 15-25 quid to me but convincing them is tricky.

Thanks for the suggestion bud. :spot on:

Postby Cannonball

Snooker Overdrive wrote:

I felt sorry for Ding in the 2007 Masters final against Ronnie. He was just a boy then.

But nowadays he's a matured multi millionaire sport superstar who can live wherever he wants to. I don't think he's in need of sympathy anymore.

Think of the reverse: I don't think I'd be too chuffed if I had to spend most of my year in China at quallies, tournaments and practice, missing my family in the process. Money is money, it doesn't buy you love and it doesn't buy a replacement family. For Chinese people, unlike most of us Westerners, family is very, very important.
Last edited by Cannonball on 14 Jan 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cannonball

Andre147 wrote:So I maintain my bold prediction:

If Ding wins, it'll be 6-5, if Perry wins, it'll be 6-4.

Hopefully Ding can win it.

If Ding loses, things are looking even more rosy for the seeds that remain.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Cannonball wrote:
Andre147 wrote:I have a friend who is a certified EBSA coach, ok it can cost a bit of money to become a professional coach but he now runs a club and he now has numerous students.

You know me already! I have thought about it a lot. The cost isn't an issue, either WS or IBSF badges. But where I live, folk can be tight and worry about spending anything on coaching. I don't know why because music tuition is £25/hr, so it makes sense that snooker tuition would be 15-25 quid to me but convincing them is tricky.

I agree with Andre. You seem to have a keen eye for the technical stuff.

However as a coach you probably also have to work with people who dislike Ronnie rofl

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I agree with Andre. You seem to have a keen eye for the technical stuff.

However as a coach you probably also have to work with people who dislike Ronnie rofl

Resisting temptation to set £15 aside so I can tourist Ronnie off to Cannonball for an hour...

Postby Cannonball

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Cannonball wrote:

I agree with Andre. You seem to have a keen eye for the technical stuff.

rofl They don't need coaching, they need a pre-frontal labotomy.

Postby vodkadiet

Ding Junhui looks totally fatigued with snooker. The endless tournaments, travelling, living in a strange land for so long, has finally caught up with him, in addition to having to try to live up to a nation's expectations.

He started so young ,and I think he expected to have won the world title by now and that is playing on his mind. He could easily quit the game totally within 3 or 4 years unless he takes an extended break soon.