Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Ding Junhui v Joe Perry !

Postby TheRocket

Selby though is a real exception when it comes to that. I remember him making Robbo (China Open final 2013) and Murphy (World Open final 2014) crazy as well. Selby needed like 5-6 snookers , and he ended up needing just one but Robertson and Murphy just managed it to get over the line but it was very tense.
Last edited by TheRocket on 14 Jan 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Cloud Strife wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Skullman wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:the funny thing is, the three times it happened everytime a freeball was left

That's what I meant by third time. If we're just counting frames won requiring snookers, there were four as Mags won one of those against Judd.

It just proves that you never know what happens. I remember Selby winning a frame against Hendry after needing 5(?) snooker in the WC 2011.

That's one of my favourite moments in all the years I've been watching snooker. If someone had given Hendry a knife after that frame I think he would quite happily have used it to stab Selby to death with it.

Selby completely destroyed Hendry in that match. I think that match played a big part in his decision to retire a year later.

Postby Cannonball

Thing is gents, if players concede when they need a couple of snookers all the time, the same players ain't used to getting out of said snookers and their knowledge of angles and escapes is different. McManus would know. It's okay nestling up to a couple of reds or the pack when snookered but one ball snookers need to be hit pretty precisely, it's a different shot. And if you don't practice it or face it much....

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Selby completely destroyed Hendry in that match. I think that match played a big part in his decision to retire a year later.

Losing 13-2 to Mags next year probably didn't help either.

Postby Cloud Strife

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Selby completely destroyed Hendry in that match. I think that match played a big part in his decision to retire a year later.

But Hendry had already made the decision prior to that championship starting.

Postby Cannonball

Cloud Strife wrote:
Skullman wrote:

But Hendry had already made the decision prior to that championship starting.[/quote

rofl

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:

He surely made that decision a lot earlier, didn't he?

I think, he said like three months prior to WC in his press conference.

Postby Cloud Strife

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:

He surely made that decision a lot earlier, didn't he?

He decided to accept some lucrative offers from the Chinese triads.

Postby Paddpotter

God Ding is so frustrating to watch sometimes!! After the UK final/Champion of champions I always thought Trump and O'Sullivan would struggle here. I also factored in Ronnie's foot injury(not being able to run as he would like) and the Christmas period neutralizing Trump.....so............I went for Robertson to win this by mind and my heart saying Ding. Looks like my heart and Ding is going to let me down again