Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Mark Allen v John Higgins !

Postby hendry_fan

Intrestin match this one.

Gonna be intrestin too see what John serves up this time,i hope it aint gonna be a plate of soggy,yucky haggis!. :-D

I can,t recall exactly when John commented on his poor dip on form,time flyes,but i can recall him commeting about it,i think it was sometime last year and he said along the lines that he actually did,nt even know himself,that he could,nt really put his finger on it,most of us thought that maybe it was mainly due to him not putting the practice hours in,but he said that that aint the problem,as he does put in the hours. :roll:

Anyway,it,s gonna be intrestin to see just what he produices today.

Postby Andre147

AC or LT? wrote:If the Higgins of the last 6 months to a year turns up I can see Ronnie's unanswered points records being clipped by Allen.

If the Higgins of 2011-2012 turns up we've got a match.

Just because Higgins couldn't pot a ball in a recent PTC event against Fu doesn't mean he'll do it again here. Anything to see Ronnie's record get broken right...? rofl That won't happen anytime soon, it will eventually I feel, but not just one year after he broke it. Ding's stood for 6 or 7 years and Ronnie's will to, if not more.

Anyway, it's pointless to point that out here so pmsl

Postby Andre147

I think it'll be a good match, Allen will prove too strong but he won't win easy, 6-4 or even 6-5 for him is what I think the result will be. I'll be surprised if Higgins wins this one if I'm honest.

Postby Skullman

Fun fact, although Higgins has a mixed record at the Masters (won twice, two finals but lost in the first round ten times), he hasn't lost his opening match at the Masters since it came to this venue.

Hopefully he can keep this streak going.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Fun fact, although Higgins has a mixed record at the Masters (won twice, two finals but lost in the first round ten times), he hasn't lost his opening match at the Masters since it came to this venue.

Hopefully he can keep this streak going.

There's a first time for everything and Allen has beaten him at the Masters so he'll do it again here. <ok>

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Rerack. Shame that, looked like it was going to be a fun frame.

Reracks happen too fast sometimes these days. In the good old days they would have carried on there.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:Rerack. Shame that, looked like it was going to be a fun frame.

Reracks happen too fast sometimes these days. In the good old days they would have carried on there.

Could not agree more.

I Loved watching the Likes of Thorburn and Griffiths play clever safeties in a stalemate situation.

Postby TheRocket

Skullman wrote:Missed most of the frame, how did Allen break down and Higgins get in?

Anyway, 1-0 Higgins.

Missed the easiest black you can imagine. But this is really a good break by Higgins. Will be exciting to see, if he can keep up this level. I still believe that you can never write him off in these tournaments despite his decline.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:And back to back centuries to start. If he wins, the first thing the studio should mention is that he's only 209 centuries away from breaking Hendry and Ronnie's record.

Yeah they should do that rofl

Mind you, great start by John, lets see if he can keep it up, consistency his main problem these days.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Three centuries in a row. Now just two more to go to match Mags and Robbo's record from 2009.

Was thinking of that too :D

Also Hendry v Ronnie 2003 British Open Final.

I doubt they will do it but great start to the match. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: