Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Mark Allen v John Higgins !

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Oh dear, Higgins has totally lost the plot.

No surprise after what happened in the 4th frame, but yeah even if a prime Higgins had lost that frame he would have composed himself. Higgins of nowadays doesn't.

Postby V.V

TheRocket wrote:
Wildey wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Well, if he said some, he wouldn't be that much wrong because there are indeed certain fans who would fit into that category. But it's still wrong to only relate to Ronnie. There are tons of Hendryfans as well to just mention another player.

However. Allen is a strange guy sometimes. I've read some of his comments over twitter and he always seems to be having a dig at Ronnie.

He fully respects him as a player, appreciate his skills but keeps repeating that he doesn't really like him as person. Well that's up to him obviously but these two don't really seem to get along well and you always have the feeling that there is some envy in it.

Ive never heard one Hendry fan say the game is dead without Hendry.

With respect im sick of hearing that sort of comment from some element of Ronnies Fans which i have on good Authority that Ronnie himself detests.

Maybe not on this forum but I've seen tons of Hendryfanboys in a lot Snookerforums who were totally disrespectful against other players and speaking about them like they were nothing. They had a extremely arrogant attitude.

But yeah look, I'd not deny that Ronnie has the biggest fanboy rate in Snooker but it's natural. Huge success+popularity= more fanboys.

But you can never blame the players for that as you also wrote. They are just doing their job and trying to be as successful and entertaining as possible.

I think you are right, it is not Ronnies fault that there are so many fans of him who disrespect other players.

The positive side is that these peole bring "extra-money" to snooker because of Ronnie. If there were no Ronnie, these people would not be watching snooker. So they are extra brought by Ronnie. If snooker dies without these people, snooker would never (last years) have lived without ronnie.

Postby V.V

Still, Ronnie gets old and then all the hype is gone. Must be hard for ronnie and for these fanboys.

I wait the time when selby and robbo are playing their last prime years and Trump, Allen, and Ding will reign, with some of the new names we have today, McGill, M. White, Cahill, Luca. Time will show who of the young players will make it to top 6.

And someone or someones from China, for sure.

Postby Clara8633

V.V wrote:Still, Ronnie gets old and then all the hype is gone. Must be hard for ronnie and for these fanboys.

I wait the time when selby and robbo are playing their last prime years and Trump, Allen, and Ding will reign, with some of the new names we have today, McGill, M. White, Cahill, Luca. Time will show who of the young players will make it to top 6.

And someone or someones from China, for sure.

Hopefully it won't be soon before Selby (and Robbo) declines. Probably in about seven or eight years.
Last edited by Clara8633 on 14 Jan 2015, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Andre147

V.V wrote:What a gentelman allen is. He is saying it is his advance the way balls are

Allen is ALWAYS a true gent on the table, I mean.. he always taps the table for a good shot from his opponent and in situations like that he goes on with the referee so that he doesnt gain an unfair advantage.

He might be a bit of a bellend off the table, but on the table he is one true gent :hatoff: :bowdown:

Allen :bowdown:

Postby V.V

Andre147 wrote:
V.V wrote:What a gentelman allen is. He is saying it is his advance the way balls are

Allen is ALWAYS a true gent on the table, I mean.. he always taps the table for a good shot from his opponent and in situations like that he goes on with the referee so that he doesnt gain an unfair advantage.

He might be a bit of a bellend off the table, but on the table he is one true gent :hatoff: :bowdown:

Allen :bowdown:

His not a bellend, I think it is just his way to live and speak as honestly as he can. He says what really feels even if he is not sure of being justfied.

Everyone needs someone like allen as a friend. He would be my best man at weddings if I got to choose.