Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Barry Hawkins v Allister Carte

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
V.V wrote:Surely but selby is not around anymore. Trump also out. So robbo only one left.

Fu could beat him. Fu is no Walden, Fu plays the table, not his opponent's reputation.

True. But his lack of consistency is his biggest enemy.

Agree, Fu has a very good record against Ronnie but hasnt beaten him since 2009 Welsh Open.

Should be a good match that one.

As for Barry rofl might as well not turn up tonigh, amateur performance, top break only 22, pot sucess 70 something, all went wrong for him.

Carter played well though and it should also be a great match between him and Robbo.

Postby Andre147

V.V wrote:Fu is no player for big matches,

Hawkins is a weird man. How can he be the number 5? I only remeber he winning neck-injured selby, no other real match won by him. We wont see him at masters two years from now.

No other real match won by him? rofl 2 ranking event wins plus a Final at the Worlds tell you otherwise :wave:
Last edited by Andre147 on 13 Jan 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Hawkins is a weird man. How can he be the number 5? I only remeber he winning neck-injured selby, no other real match won by him. We wont see him at masters two years from now.

Would you like to bet on that? ;-)

He's certainly not having a good spell at the moment but on his day he's a class player, just ask Mark Selby.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Would you like to bet on that? ;-)

He's certainly not having a good spell at the moment but on his day he's a class player, just ask Mark Selby.

On his day he's as good as any on the tour. In that 2013 Worlds it took a very strong performance from Ronnie to beat him that's for sure, the 18-12 scoreline is very misleding because Barry played out of his skin in that match.

He's just not confident at the moment, that defeat v Bond sure is having an effect, and even prior to UK he wasnt playing so well, but I'm sure he'll be back on track in the near future.

Postby Andre147

Carter certainly wasnt expecting this to be this easy, but he also took his chances very well, and he'll need that sort of form to beat Robbo I feel.

Only 2 matches left then to complete the Quarters line-up, and both should be good ones, I have a strange feeling Ding will be knocked out by Perry but I'll discuss more on that in the appropriate thread. <cool>

Postby V.V

In last year and the half, what are the big matches won by Hawk?

Sorry for being ignorant

Still I think that 2013 WC was no quality. Walden and hawkins in semis. Robbo was only one then to beat ROS but he was not quit at his level.

Without the injury,
Selby would have two WC titles by now ;) remember, hawk defeated him then.

Postby TheRocket

V.V wrote:In last year and the half, what are the big matches won by Hawk?

Sorry for being ignorant

Still I think that 2013 WC was no quality. Walden and hawkins in semis. Robbo was only one then to beat ROS but he was not quit at his level.

Without the injury,
Selby would have two WC titles by now ;) remember, hawk defeated him then.

Hawkins played a great tournament, knocking out Selby and Ding deservedly and he played a great match in the final and pushed Ronnie to his limit who made 6 centuries and tons of other big breaks. The WC 2013 final was standardwise a great one. Look at the stats and you will realize it. Hawkins probably would have beaten most of the Top 16 players with that performance.

Hawkins and Bingham as well are classical late bloomers, who reached their peak in their mid 30's.