Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Ronnie O'Sullivan v Ricky Wald

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:O'Sullivan will win this tournament easily.

Anything can happen but this is an interesting point. Who is left that could seriously challenge Ronnie right now?

Robbo and then Allen in 2nd place. Ding would have been in 2nd place if it wasn't for his mental breakdown against Ronnie.

Postby TheRocket

I expect Ronnie to win tomorrow but you never know with Ricky Walden. On his day he can be a very heavy scorer and fluent player who's a match for anyone and if he's in that mood, it will be a very close match. It's just best of 11 at the end of the day and Walden will be fired up for it as we know what happened last year.

But it really depends on Ronnie at the end of the day. If he's on his A-game he'll will win this tournament.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:I expect Ronnie to win tomorrow but you never know with Ricky Walden. On his day he can be a very heavy scorer and fluent player who's a match for anyone and if he's in that mood, it will be a very close match. It's just best of 11 at the end of the day and Walden will be fired up for it as we know what happened last year.

But it really depends on Ronnie at the end of the day. If he's on his A-game he'll will win this tournament.

Doubt Walden will trouble Ronnie here, he lost all his great momentum when he won the IC with poor results at hte UK and not qualifying for the German Masters.

You can read his thoughts ahead of the match here:

http://www.inside-snooker.com/snooker/2 ... rs-rematch

Postby Cloud Strife

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Tomorrow the defending Champion finally gets in on the Masters action and kicks off his new snooker year.

Ronnie is currently on a winning streak of 13 straight matches. He's playing in his favourite tournament.

I don't expect anything less than a good performance and a convincing win against Walden.

Nice preview. Have you considered applying for a job at the BBC?

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Tomorrow the defending Champion finally gets in on the Masters action and kicks off his new snooker year.

Ronnie is currently on a winning streak of 13 straight matches. He's playing in his favourite tournament.

I don't expect anything less than a good performance and a convincing win against Walden.

He just referred to Ronnie as 'the defending champion'. Showing that kind of knowledge overqualified him for the BBC.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

He just referred to Ronnie as 'the defending champion'. Showing that kind of knowledge overqualified him for the BBC.

rofl :clap: He also said 13 straight matches, the BBC would probably say 10 or 11 rofl They even kept refering today, Dennis and Hazel, that Mags hadn't reached a semi here since 2010, when only last year Ronnie knocked him out at that stage, and Mags duly corrected Hazel when asked. <laugh>

BBC stats pmsl

Postby vodkadiet

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

rofl :clap: He also said 13 straight matches, the BBC would probably say 10 or 11 rofl They even kept refering today, Dennis and Hazel, that Mags hadn't reached a semi here since 2010, when only last year Ronnie knocked him out at that stage, and Mags duly corrected Hazel when asked. <laugh>

BBC stats pmsl

The whole team needs replacing. They have become too comfortable.

Not one of them is worthy of keeping his/her job.

Taylor is the worst, with Parrott and Davis not far behind.

Postby shankly

Yeah, when Dennis first mentioned it I thought 'here we go again' but then Hazel got it wrong too and I was really shocked. And not one of the others corrected them! I said "I hope they say it to his face" and I'm glad he corrected them.

For me, Taylor, JV, Willie Thorne have to go. Parrott too, to a lesser extent. The rest can stay for now. Bring in MJW!!! They won't though. Bet they go for Smurph or something when he retires. :td:

Postby vodkadiet

shankly wrote:Yeah, when Dennis first mentioned it I thought 'here we go again' but then Hazel got it wrong too and I was really shocked. And not one of the others corrected them! I said "I hope they say it to his face" and I'm glad he corrected them.

For me, Taylor, JV, Willie Thorne have to go. Parrott too, to a lesser extent. The rest can stay for now. Bring in MJW!!! They won't though. Bet they go for Smurph or something when he retires. :td:

Drago and Ebdon would be ideal pairing in the box!

I really have to turn the sound down when Taylor is on now. I tolerate for about 10 minutes and then I can take no more. It is worse than having a woman nagging you to take her shopping.
Last edited by vodkadiet on 13 Jan 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cannonball

Good morning everyone, and welcome to the start of the Masters.

We all love Ronnie because of his great talent but also because of his humanity and 'realness'. This presents a dichotomy because while he's the best ever, he also shows human failings like the rest of us at times. We love him because he isn't a robot but with that comes the unexpected, collapses when miles in front, doubts in his mind, and his mind suffering bi-polar. It's not an easy ride, supporting Ronnie, it can get very emotional. It seems that his incredible natural talent fights against a monster that none of us can see.

So I won't say he's nailed on for this match because history tells us that players like Walden cause upsets. But yeah, he's obviously favourite for this match and the title, having come in to 6/4 for the title last night.

Walden also shows a lot of natural talent. He plays quickly, faster than the Rocket, and he somehow pots great long balls despite his double knee bend (ala Ebdon) and his very low brow on the shot. You wouldn't teach this to kids, you'd attempt to coach it out, but Walden succeeds nevertheless. He's a very dangerous player on his day and if he has his day, anything could happen.
Last edited by Cannonball on 13 Jan 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cannonball

Muppet147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Ding and Liang Wenbo in commentary.

You and Bernard Manning would have been the dream ticket. I am sorry poor Bernard passed away.

I think Snookerfan is more like Benny Hill's assistant. I see him with Benny when Benny did Ernie, the Fastest Milkman in the West. Snookerfan being Trigger, Benny's nag pulling his milkfloat. ;-)

Postby SnookerFan

Cannonball wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:

You and Bernard Manning would have been the dream ticket. I am sorry poor Bernard passed away.

I think Snookerfan is more like Benny Hill's assistant. I see him with Benny when Benny did Ernie, the Fastest Milkman in the West. Snookerfan being Trigger, Benny's nag pulling his milkfloat. ;-)

Weren't Benny Hill's assistants all half naked women?

Postby Cannonball

SnookerFan wrote:
Cannonball wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:

Weren't Benny Hill's assistants all half naked women?

Are you referring to your moobs? <laugh>

Postby Wildey

shankly wrote:Yeah, when Dennis first mentioned it I thought 'here we go again' but then Hazel got it wrong too and I was really shocked. And not one of the others corrected them! I said "I hope they say it to his face" and I'm glad he corrected them.

Why Would you want to bring in MJW.

Theres to much great players in the com box you need someone to bounce off Clive Everton was the ideal foil as was in years gone by Jack Karnham, John Pullman and Ted Lowe.

Stephen Hendry is the only commentator in recent times that does it right only talk when you got something worth while to say most babble on like they have verbal diarrhea mostly about any old rubbish.