Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Ronnie O'Sullivan v Ricky Wald

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:YES!

There's the record equaled! I knew it.

And what a way to do it SO :D :D :D :D

Fluked yeallow huh <cool>

So happy for him, hopefully Hendry is commentating when Ronnie breaks his record against Fu :D

Postby Cannonball

Andre147 wrote:

So happy for him, hopefully Hendry is commentating when Ronnie breaks his record against Fu :D

Written in the stars. Look how much the crowd loved that one! That's not genius, that's MAGIC!

Folk here have just seen history and they're still bitter! rofl :mosh2:

Postby Andre147

Mind you, it has noticeable in recent times Ronnie doesnt cope very well when he has big leads, so maybe he needs to sort that out because like he say you cant get away with it all the time.

But all I care about is the win at the end of the day, no matter how he plays.

But this finish though :D Couldnt have been better really :D

Also hats off to Walden for that mini-comeback, especially that frame when he required 2 snookers.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:

It was perfect. A very memorable moment and very exciting. Better than doing it in the CL that's for sure pmsl

Postby Cannonball

SnookerFan wrote:
Cannonball wrote:ROCKET RECORD!

You were bloody quiet when the match was on. Where did you go?

Away at practice, watched it there. Got back for the last couple of frames.

Postby shankly

That century to equal the record was hilarious, I'm glad it wasn't your run of the mill ton.

To be fair Ronnie's played really poorly since CoC; not necessarily a bad thing if his form can turn around for the Worlds. Meanwhile, if he can keep grinding these scrappy matches out and out-ballsing his opponents in close matches, so much the better.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:How about we talk about the match instead of someone equaling a record (at least wait until he beats it)?

At the end of the day is this just an ordinary first round match of a tournament.

Equaling the century record however is real milestone. People already talked about - back when I started watching snooker in 2006 - that some day Ronnie will catch up Hendry at the top of the all time list. And today is the day.

:cracker: :cracker: :cracker:

Postby Andy Spark

Andre147 wrote:Mind you, it has noticeable in recent times Ronnie doesnt cope very well when he has big leads, so maybe he needs to sort that out because like he say you cant get away with it all the time.

As a Ronnie fan, if he continues to regularly forge big leads then I am more than happy if he proceeds to miss the odd unexpected ball from four or five frames up. The main thing is still to get the big lead. :-)

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:Funny how snooker can be sometimes. He loses two frames he should have won to win the match and then makes a century in the last frame and flukes the yellow to equal the record.

It's like as if it was destined.

Exactly. Like it just had to happen today.

And what a fluke it was, 3 cushions with pace into the left middle pocket, perfectly on the green! :-D

Postby Skullman

Beating the record is a milestone. Equaling it is just another ton.

For the record, my post was aimed at the BBC rather than the forum. Why ask ROS and Hendry about their reactions when it hasn't happened yet? They barely even spoke about the match, despite some pretty noteworthy moments (Walden getting the snooker anyone?).

Postby Cannonball

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:How about we talk about the match instead of someone equaling a record (at least wait until he beats it)?

At the end of the day is this just an ordinary first round match of a tournament.

Equaling the century record however is real milestone. People already talked about - back when I started watching snooker in 2006 - that some day Ronnie will catch up Hendry at the top of the all time list. And today is the day.

:cracker: :cracker: :cracker:

:party: :pompom: :mental: :bex: