Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Ronnie O'Sullivan v Ricky Wald

Postby NNear

Have to say there is quite some mystique about Ronnie these days. The way he got the record equalling century felt fated. He certainly creates seemingly limitless moments of sporting entertainment and carries himself with a more legendary aura than ever before. He hasn't missed a beat since losing the 2014 WSC final from a competitive standpoint, however his pure form at the UK and now so far at the Masters has been no better than it was at the WSC and if he doesn't turn it around then he'll get found out.

Hopefully he rediscovers the sort of form he produced at the 2014 Masters and CoC soon...

Postby vodkadiet

shankly wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Century breaks lists.....

:zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Lol knew I could count on you to give us some much needed perspective. The more interesting question is... who is Mark Bennett??

1996 Grand Prix semi finalist and the last player I saw drinking pints of beer during a tv match. In fact he drunk a few in that match against the legendary Euan Henderson.

Postby shankly

vodkadiet wrote:
shankly wrote:Lol knew I could count on you to give us some much needed perspective. The more interesting question is... who is Mark Bennett??

1996 Grand Prix semi finalist and the last player I saw drinking pints of beer during a tv match. In fact he drunk a few in that match against the legendary Euan Henderson.

:hatoff:

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:

I was drinking some whilst watching yesterday, if that helps.

Postby sundaygirl

Wasn't TOO disappointed on the day, my pre match hopes were not high, I didn't buy a quarter final ticket this year.
BUT having reflected and watched some of it again on telly I definitely feel Ricky should have done better, Ronnie was there for the taking.
On the plus side first time seeing a player actually get the fabled free ball that is always mentioned but seldom seen live.
Followed in my very next live game my second :chuckle: