Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Judd Trump v Stephen Maguire !

Postby Cloud Strife

mantorok wrote:
Wildey wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Dennis Taylor said earlier "Can you believe we had someone in the front row texting yesterday?!!" He would on to say how terrible that was.

It is a good job for the offending texter they done away with capital punishment.

What I can't believe is that Dennis Taylor is still used a commentator.

What Dennis doesent understand is you can use your phone with other things like twitter....updating people who cant watch what was going on.

that cant be a bad thing can it?

Taylor probably still has a Nokia 3210.

Lol I remember those. I used to have one when I was at school.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Maguire is level at the midsession interval without potting a long ball

Yes at 2-0 it looked like the UK all over again, but he did well to be level at 2-2.

I think it will be a nervy finish this.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Steve's centuries feature again :zzz:

Don't the BBC have any new interesting features to show? <doh>

Its a good feature this, but it has been shown last UK. Time to move on.

It's time to move on after Ronnie breaks the record <cool>

Yeah but that is just a question of when not if. I dont think hell break it against Walden, but against Fu he might well do, I hope anyway.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Andre, I'm actually very confident Ronnie will do well this week. He'll make at least the semis.

Sometimes Ronnie tends to let us down when we are over-confident :john: Just saying mate... He will beat Walden I'm sure, but against Fu he needs to be on his game, especially if Marco plays like he did 1st round.

One thing is for certain, Marco won't play as bad as he did against Ronnie at the CoC.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Andre, I'm actually very confident Ronnie will do well this week. He'll make at least the semis.

Sometimes Ronnie tends to let us down when we are over-confident :john: Just saying mate... He will beat Walden I'm sure, but against Fu he needs to be on his game, especially if Marco plays like he did 1st round.

One thing is for certain, Marco won't play as bad as he did against Ronnie at the CoC.

True but these last 2 seasons everything seems so easy for Ronnie. And Fu hasn't beaten Ronnie since 2009. Since then Ronnie won 27 out of the 35 frames they played.

Postby vodkadiet

There is a guy playing with his mobile phone in one of the front rows. If Taylor notices this he will no doubt be contacting security to get this guy thrown out. The last thing anyone wants is to see Taylor's red face get even redder.

Postby vodkadiet

Maguire is looking to slim down for this year's World Championship. I have thought for a while that he needs to tackle his weight issues. I am sure he would have won a lot more had he conditioned himself better. I think this is also affecting John Higgins. Although I doubt he has the desire to make any serious changes now. Mark Allen and Bingham are other players who need to address their weight issues. They will tire quicker in long matches, and in longer tournaments. I could never back these players with any confidence.

Postby Dan-cat

vodkadiet wrote:Maguire is looking to slim down for this year's World Championship. I have thought for a while that he needs to tackle his weight issues. I am sure he would have won a lot more had he conditioned himself better. I think this is also affecting John Higgins. Although I doubt he has the desire to make any serious changes now. Mark Allen and Bingham are other players who need to address their weight issues. They will tire quicker in long matches, and in longer tournaments. I could never back these players with any confidence.

Healthy body, healthy mind. The fitter you are physically then the better your concentration will be. A work in progress - Mark Williams - has had a personal trainer and has been studying his diet for the last few months and you have to say that his form has picked up. It seems obvious to say it but I'm sure fitness has been key to Ronnie's longevity.

Postby vodkadiet

Dan-cat wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Maguire is looking to slim down for this year's World Championship. I have thought for a while that he needs to tackle his weight issues. I am sure he would have won a lot more had he conditioned himself better. I think this is also affecting John Higgins. Although I doubt he has the desire to make any serious changes now. Mark Allen and Bingham are other players who need to address their weight issues. They will tire quicker in long matches, and in longer tournaments. I could never back these players with any confidence.

Healthy body, healthy mind. The fitter you are physically then the better your concentration will be. A work in progress - Mark Williams - has had a personal trainer and has been studying his diet for the last few months and you have to say that his form has picked up. It seems obvious to say it but I'm sure fitness has been key to Ronnie's longevity.

It also cannot help your cue action on certain shots to have all that 'flab' overhanging! Bill Werbeniuk did exceptionally well considering his size, not to mention that the alcohol couldn't have been helping his clarity of mind.

Postby vodkadiet

I hope this is 6-4 either way. I need to get down Morrison's between sessions. I will have to encounter the queues as well. Maybe I can take my groceries to the cigarette kiosk? I must make sure to get nothing that needs weighing, then I should be ok.