Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Stuart Bingham v Marco Fu !

Postby SnookerFan

SteveJJ wrote:Dennis has repeated a million times on commentary that Bingham has never won at the masters. That's wrong isn't it? He won a wildcard match against Davis a fair while ago?

Yes he did. In 2006.

Watched the match live. It went on for what seemed an eternity.

Postby Cannonball

I think the number of maxis we are seeing now proves again, how the standards of snooker have lifted from the 80s to the 90s to the 00s to now.

Postby AC or LT?

Cannonball wrote:I think the number of maxis we are seeing now proves again, how the standards of snooker have lifted from the 80s to the 90s to the 00s to now.

bullocks. There's more tournaments now which means like the increased frequency of centuries it's more likely to happened. I'll only accept the standard has raised when the world championship features over 100 maximums.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:Christ 2 147s in the first 11 days of 2015

Wasn't there only, like, eight in the 1980s?

147 is great but they arent special anymore.

The cue ball control and able to pot the balls under pressure will never change though, so it's always special even if its in the qualifiers or whatever. Not so special as it was 30 years ago, but its a fine achievment nonetheless. Some good players havent got one in their entire careers.

yea its a fine achievement but if you miss one another will happen soon so its not special.

Postby Cannonball

AC or LT? wrote:
Cannonball wrote:I think the number of maxis we are seeing now proves again, how the standards of snooker have lifted from the 80s to the 90s to the 00s to now.

bullocks. There's more tournaments now which means like the increased frequency of centuries it's more likely to happened. I'll only accept the standard has raised when the world championship features over 100 maximums.

Stop talking rot, the number of centuries per tournament is double what it was in the 90s. Davis did a feature on century density last tournament. Did you miss it? rofl

Postby Cannonball

Marco wins and hits a 147, Sell by is off the shelf now, too stale. Woohoo; oh what a perfect day, what a perfect day.

Postby Andre147

Cannonball wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:

Stop talking rot, the number of centuries per tournament is double what it was in the 90s. Davis did a feature on century density last tournament. Did you miss it? rofl

Yeah that was a brilliant feature by the BBC, I was only a bit surprised that the number of centuries in the 00s (2000-2009) was only 200 or something like that above the 90s.

But in 2010-2014 the centuries have gone through the roof, and by the end of this decade it will more than double the previous 2 decades.

Yes there may be more tournaments but the actual centuries rate is much higher now than it has ever been.

Postby Cannonball

Andre147 wrote:
Cannonball wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:

Yeah that was a brilliant feature by the BBC, I was only a bit surprised that the number of centuries in the 00s (2000-2009) was only 200 or something like that above the 90s.

But in 2010-2014 the centuries have gone through the roof, and by the end of this decade it will more than double the previous 2 decades.

Yes there may be more tournaments but the actual centuries rate is much higher now than it has ever been.

:hatoff: The ability of one player, or two/three players to dominate at a time is waning, Ronnie excepted. Proof that competition is more intense than ever. Players have raised their games. Long ball potting and power from the likes of Robbo and Judd is phenomenal as well. We see it in darts as well with the density of 9 darters.

Postby Cannonball

It's a bit quiet Andre, do you think the Selby and Ronnie h-aters have taken their hankys to bed already?
Last edited by Cannonball on 12 Jan 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cannonball

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Wonderful maximum from Marco. Unfortunately I couldn't comment here during the match.

He was so cool about it, I thought Bingo showed more emotion. lol. And he stayed to sign a million autographs and have selfies taken etc. What a gent, nicest guy on the tour.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Damn. The one time I think I'll snooker a miss and do other things, I miss a max. No matter I'll catch on YT. Hopefully Marco can win his next match as well.

He had 3 tons in that match, including the 147. playing like that he is a danger to anyone, and should he meet Ronnie could be a cracking match.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Cannonball wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Cannonball wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:

:hatoff: The ability of one player, or two/three players to dominate at a time is waning, Ronnie excepted. Proof that competition is more intense than ever. Players have raised their games. Long ball potting and power from the likes of Robbo and Judd is phenomenal as well. We see it in darts as well with the density of 9 darters.

I think it's pretty clear that the break building standard has risen enormously.

The top players and especially the players down the rankings have improved their scoring. However we don't have as many fresh "top" talents like the sport used to have, we only have Trump at the moment.