Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Stuart Bingham v Marco Fu !

Postby Andre147

Cannonball wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Fu is a nice player to watch when in amongst them, rarely runs out of position when playing well, lovely to watch. He's just too damn inconsistent though.

It's his lack of cue action that is to blame, it's a major weakness. Every coach would question it. I don't know why he's never done anything about it, why handicap yourself? Ronnie is constantly trying new things, new tips, new cues, new techniques. He changes over time, yet others persist in weak technique. I find it bizarre, with so much at stake.

That's very true <ok> It's not rocket science to notice his flaws, but you do know a lot about technique aspcts and other stuff, maybe because you play the game so much in your club with your mates, etc. It's the best way really to understand how hard this game can be.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:YES FU!

What did I tell ya all in the predicts? There was going to be a 147 here, and Fu duly made one :D :D :D

3rd 147 after Kirk Stevens and Ding made theirs.

Now Ronnie needs to make one aswell. :happy:

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
PLtheRef wrote:Did anyone put Fu down in the Prediction contest for the 147?

I didn't.

No one named Fu, but hopefully Ronnie will make one. I named Judd, but I obviously would love if Ronnie made his 14th here.

Postby Sickpotter

Andre147 wrote:

What did I tell ya all in the predicts? There was going to be a 147 here, and Fu duly made one :D :D :D

Can't be UK born <ok>

Postby Andre147

Sickpotter wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Can't be UK born <ok>

Robbo then maybe... or Ding again who knows..

But patterns :zzz: pmsl

Postby Cannonball

Andre147 wrote:
Cannonball wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Fu is a nice player to watch when in amongst them, rarely runs out of position when playing well, lovely to watch. He's just too damn inconsistent though.

It's his lack of cue action that is to blame, it's a major weakness. Every coach would question it. I don't know why he's never done anything about it, why handicap yourself? Ronnie is constantly trying new things, new tips, new cues, new techniques. He changes over time, yet others persist in weak technique. I find it bizarre, with so much at stake.

That's very true <ok> It's not rocket science to notice his flaws, but you do know a lot about technique aspcts and other stuff, maybe because you play the game so much in your club with your mates, etc. It's the best way really to understand how hard this game can be.

The game is incredibly difficult to me, but I don't have the talent of Fu and co. so I would say that. But it gives me a clue just to how great all the pro players are, even Sell by. I can't believe I just wrote that.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:Christ 2 147s in the first 11 days of 2015

Hopefully more to come :-D another from Ronnie would be so nice, here especially cause he never made one here. Hendry once missed the pink for a 147 chance like that clip from the BBC showed earlier.

And Doherty rofl
Last edited by Andre147 on 11 Jan 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:

Wasn't there only, like, eight in the 1980s?

147 is great but they arent special anymore.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

The cue ball control and able to pot the balls under pressure will never change though, so it's always special even if its in the qualifiers or whatever. Not so special as it was 30 years ago, but its a fine achievment nonetheless. Some good players havent got one in their entire careers.

Postby Cannonball

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

147s will always be special.

Postby Cannonball

Fu is the coolest cat. His face after his maxi, just a nice gentlemanly smile, no crazy celebration. What a gent he is.

Postby Andre147

Cannonball wrote:Fu is the coolest cat. His face after his maxi, just a nice gentlemanly smile, no crazy celebration. What a gent he is.

Similar to when Ding made his in 2007.