Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Mark Selby v Shaun Murphy !

Postby Dan-cat

Wildey wrote:jesus mate that joke went down with the Ark.

Fun nature fact: Aadvarks were originally called something else, but when Noah was going down the line asking what each species was to work out the boarding order, they just made up the name so they could get on first to nab the best rooms.

I hope Selby makes it to the business end, I was just watching his Higgins match from last year: brilliant. That snooker behind the green and the cross double :hatoff:

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:jesus mate that joke went down with the Ark.

It was given legs by him having the theme music last year. <laugh>

I remember being at The Masters last year, and had been banging on about his secret new entrance theme. <laugh> Like it mattered that much what his walk on music was.

Then he came out to the Superman theme, much to the bafflement of most of the crowd. You got to admire he audacity, if nothing else.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Image

Here he comes.

It's Super Smurph.

Yeah hopefully he beats Selby :D Although I still fancy Mark to win this one, from 7 appearances, he has reached 5 Finals there, remarkable.

Postby Andre147

Murphy ahead of his match against Selby:

http://www.inside-snooker.com/snooker/2 ... y-showdown

Glad he's not ill anymore but he would always play in the Masters anyway, unless it was very serious.

I think he'll put up a good fight, but Selby may prove too strong as I said above his record at the Masters is excelent, ironically though, one of his 2 defeats before the Final was actually at the hands of Murphy, 2012 Quarter-Final. More of the same please Shaun :-D

Postby vodkadiet

Muppet147 wrote:Selby has been rubbish all season but I expect him to scrape through his opening match.

He is seeded to meet Trump at some point so that will be the end of his brave run.

They are seeded to meet in the quarters. However, Trump also has to beat Maguire first, so that really is the toughest quarter.

Law of averages says Selby won't go that far. I doubt he will make the final.
Last edited by vodkadiet on 10 Jan 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

vodkadiet wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:Selby has been rubbish all season but I expect him to scrape through his opening match.

He is seeded to meet Trump at some point so that will be the end of his brave run.

They are seed to meet in the quarters. However, Trump also has to beat Maguire first, so that really is the toughest quarter.

Law of averages says Selby won't go that far. I doubt he will make the final.

:hatoff:

It's time for something fresh and new, like a Trump v Ronnie final.

Postby shankly

Snooker Overdrive wrote:

I hope not.

Although I will say that I would derive immense satisfaction from Ronnie beating Trump in the CoC, UK, Masters and World finals in the same season. Lol. One can always dream, I suppose...

Postby shankly

Snooker Overdrive wrote:

I hope not.

Although I will say that I would derive immense satisfaction from Ronnie beating Trump in the CoC, UK, Masters and World finals in the same season. Lol. One can always dream, I suppose...

Postby Cannonball

Have the Beeb remembered to plug in Willie, Taylor and Virgo ready for tomorrow? They do need a fair bit of juicing these days. rofl

At least they've put up a page on the Masters now. Unsurprisingly, it's not about Smurph, Bingo, Fu or Sell by date.

Have a read at: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/25779000
Last edited by Cannonball on 11 Jan 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cannonball

Yeah, but he has had a baby. Breast-feeding 8 times a day does take it out of him apparently, according to some on here. :chuckle:

Postby hendry_fan

:cracker: :happy: *Hallo all,Happy new year* :happy: :cracker:

Ave been lookin forward to this tourney and new year.

It,s gonna be very intrestin to see what happens throughout this year,it,s gonna be very intrestin to see if Ronnie can continue his good form,or if Selby can start to get his form back as well as Higgins,Ding and can Trump finally breakthrough and become more consistent as well as seein what the other players serve up this year.

Very good match to get things underway.

:happy: So come on,......"Lets get the boyz on the baize"!!. :happy:

Postby hendry_fan

Andre147 wrote:CMON SHAUN :-D

Would love if he won this match and do a Mark King like in 2011 :-D

"CMON SHAUN",bl**dy nora,some things never change!.

I thought in this new year 2015 that you might start to shine to Selby dear Andre!. ;-) :-D

Postby PLtheRef

Not convinced that this will be a great match to open up the tournament. As people have mentioned Selby is currently on the cusp of the slight dip that parenthood seems to bring to most players whist Murphy obviously isn't feeling 100% at the moment.

It may be a case of who lasts long enough to fall over the first hurdle

Postby Andre147

hendry_fan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:CMON SHAUN :-D

Would love if he won this match and do a Mark King like in 2011 :-D

"CMON SHAUN",bl**dy nora,some things never change!.

I thought in this new year 2015 that you might start to shine to Selby dear Andre!. ;-) :-D

I'll also wait for you to shine to Ronnie then <ok> ;-)