Topic locked

Re: Dafabet Masters Pre Tournament Discussion !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Cannonball wrote:The organisers have ducked the schedule up big time. Sunday is a total bore fest. This is when ratings can be maxed, when folk have time off. Ronnie should have been playing on Sunday at 7pm ffs, instead of Tuesday at 1pm. Jesus. Then we have Judd playing at 1pm on a Monday as well; he should have been on at 7pm with Robbo switching to 7pm on Tuesday. How difficult can it be to put the stars on at prime time? The only one they got right is Ding at 7pm on Wednesday. WS are effin stupid. Apart from the Ding match, it's better to be in China to watch the 1st round!

I thought Ronnie would be at 1pm Sunday, because that's when the defending champion traditionally plays.

I can see why they picked Shaun Murphy vs Mark Selby though. That really is a clash of two potential tournament winner. After losing 6-0 to Ronnie last year, maybe tournament organisers were worried it'd be over in an hour again, and didn't want it in the Sunday afternoon slot.

I'd also argue that Trump vs Mags didn't sound as much of a glamour tie as Selby vs Murphy either. Mags is perfectly capable of beating Trump on his day of course, but most people probably don't look at that match and assume that it's two possible tournament winners colliding.

Postby SnookerFan

Call me a sad case, but I think Bingham and Fu might be worth watching. At the opposite end of the scale, I'd say neither were likely to win The Masters. (Bingham being slightly more likely on form.)

But we forget that both players have won ranking events, and are both perfectly capable on their day. I think if they are both playing well, it could be a close match. Neither can take their other for granted.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I wonder if there'll be any fascinating facts in the programme this year. <laugh>

MEGA LOLZ!

Marco Fu:

Marco is married and drives a blue car

Some of them weren't fascinating in the slightest.

I think Marco Fu's was; "Marco Fu lives in London with his wife", or something like that. <laugh>

The best one was the one I got in Telford, the year they were sponsored by Pukka Pies. It asked each member of the top-16 what their favourite pie was, and listed it by their name. rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:What's the name of that beautiful new ref who kept telling Michael White to tuck his shirt in?

Can't wait for tomorrow. This is my second favourite tournament.

You'll have to be more specific. That happens in a lot of his matches. rofl