Topic locked

Re: Dafabet Masters Pre Tournament Discussion !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Cannonball wrote:Anyone tempted by Milkins at 150/1?! Ronnie is 2/1 favourite with the main contenders at 8/1. Pretty much the same odds at every snooker event when ROS takes part really. Smurf at 16s and Bingo at 33s for the title look good value. And Walden at 4/1 in his first match seems quite generous (Ronnie is just 1/6 for that match).

http://www.oddschecker.com/snooker/the-masters/winner

I'd be more tempted at Ronnie 2-1, to be fair. Double your money. <laugh>

Postby vodkadiet

I think they should abandon these seedings, and this draw, and elevate Matt Selt's ranking to number 16, and make him play Rigsby in the first round. That would be Selt's chance to set the record straight, and prove he isn't O'Sullivan's ball boy.

In fact I think Selt's ranking should not only be elevated to 16 for The Masters but it should be frozen for 10 years. He could cite Carter's frozen ranking whilst telling Hearn "What's good for the goose is good for the gander"!

Postby SnookerFan

rubbish. Looks like Selby vs Murphy is sold out now. I was desperate to see that one.

Why did I have to wait all day to see if my mate wanted to come before trying to book a ticket? They were available this morning. :grrr:

Postby AC or LT?

SnookerFan wrote:rubbish. Looks like Selby vs Murphy is sold out now. I was desperate to see that one.

Why did I have to wait all day to see if my mate wanted to come before trying to book a ticket? They were available this morning. :grrr:

You didn't have to you could have you know gone by yourself.

Although next time I do that it'd be quite nice to meet a few of you guys.

Postby SnookerFan

AC or LT? wrote:
You didn't have to you could have you know gone by yourself.

Although next time I do that it'd be quite nice to meet a few of you guys.

Well, being that my friend said no he couldn't come, I was intending to go by myself.

What I meant was, why was I so bastard polite in asking him and waiting for a reply? Tickets are completely sold out, and they weren't this morning. rofl

Looks like I'm going twice.

Postby vodkadiet

What are the odds Carter gets a standing ovation when he walks out to play Hawkins? And a secondary question, will he get a standing ovation when he walks out at The Crucible?

Postby SnookerFan

I'm beginning to thinks this is a problem with the site. First Sundaygirl has problems getting tickets, and I get them straight away. Then Selby tickets sell out, as do Robertson tickets on Monday afternoon, but according to the ticket website there are ones left for Ronnie's match. :chin:

Postby AC or LT?

SnookerFan wrote:I'm beginning to thinks this is a problem with the site. First Sundaygirl has problems getting tickets, and I get them straight away. Then Selby tickets sell out, as do Robertson tickets on Monday afternoon, but according to the ticket website there are ones left for Ronnie's match. :chin:

Not to discredit Ronnie or anything but Selby v Murphy is the better match-up, it's also on Sunday.

Postby AC or LT?

yb-1988 wrote:Hi guys, I'm new to booking tickets for snooker, if Ronnie makes it through his draw is he definitely in semi-final 1? Or could it be either one?

He'll be semi final 1, this isn't exactly something you need a grasp on snooker to understand if someones in the top half of any sports draw they'll be in SF1.

Postby yb-1988

AC or LT? wrote:
yb-1988 wrote:Hi guys, I'm new to booking tickets for snooker, if Ronnie makes it through his draw is he definitely in semi-final 1? Or could it be either one?

He'll be semi final 1, this isn't exactly something you need a grasp on snooker to understand if someones in the top half of any sports draw they'll be in SF1.

yeah I worded it badly, what I actually meant was is SF1 definitely the 1pm game or is it subject to change depending on what works best for TV like they do sometimes for other sports

Postby AC or LT?

yb-1988 wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:

yeah I worded it badly, what I actually meant was is SF1 definitely the 1pm game or is it subject to change depending on what works best for TV like they do sometimes for other sports

Normally, it's SF1 first and then SF2 although sometimes it'll be scheduled based on the QF times.

Postby Cannonball

Anyone got a pic of the new Masters Trophy. I say new cuz I think Ronnie took the old one home for good, after winning it five times. Is the new trophy the same or different?

Postby Cannonball

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Cannonball wrote:Anyone got a pic of the new Masters Trophy. I say new cuz I think Ronnie took the old one home for good, after winning it five times. Is the new trophy the same or different?

Where did you hear that?

viewtopic.php?f=483&t=5080&start=660

Andre got it wrong, no probs. :hatoff:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Cannonball wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Cannonball wrote:Anyone got a pic of the new Masters Trophy. I say new cuz I think Ronnie took the old one home for good, after winning it five times. Is the new trophy the same or different?

Where did you hear that?

I scroll down and what do I see? A Hendryfan post almost identical to the one he posted today in the UK thread rofl

However, it was only an assumption that Ronnie got to keep the trophy. I don't think it's true.

Postby Cannonball

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Cannonball wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Where did you hear that?

I scroll down and what do I see? A Hendryfan post almost identical to the one he posted today in the UK thread rofl

However, it was only an assumption that Ronnie got to keep the trophy. I don't think it's true.

rofl I saw that too, made me chuckle. It's like his posts are autogenerated by a Russian botnet stuck on repeat. rofl

Postby SnookerFan

From the previous post.

Ayrshirebhoy wrote:It's a marmite trophy too and needs replaced. Second only to the welsh slate.

That made me laugh. rofl

There are worse trophies though. The Wuxi Classic one is pretty rubbish.

Postby TheSaviour

AC or LT? wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I'm beginning to thinks this is a problem with the site. First Sundaygirl has problems getting tickets, and I get them straight away. Then Selby tickets sell out, as do Robertson tickets on Monday afternoon, but according to the ticket website there are ones left for Ronnie's match. :chin:

Not to discredit Ronnie or anything but Selby v Murphy is the better match-up, it's also on Sunday.

That´s true! Selby will probably be on fire! :cracker:

Postby The Cueist

Oh!!!! Yeah!!!! They are on ebay already and I have heard that they are highly sought after by the Hollywood A - Listers .

Yep! If a great event is marketable , Sorry I mean a happening , Then it should be marketed accordingly.

Cor I can't wait for this match , I mean if Murphy was to win that would be the icing on the cake for me.

Do you think they will lay on extra security being as the world' s top celebrities will be attending ?

Postby SnookerFan

The Cueist wrote:Oh!!!! Yeah!!!! They are on ebay already and I have heard that they are highly sought after by the Hollywood A - Listers .

Yep! If a great event is marketable , Sorry I mean a happening , Then it should be marketed accordingly.

Cor I can't wait for this match , I mean if Murphy was to win that would be the icing on the cake for me.

Do you think they will lay on extra security being as the world' s top celebrities will be attending ?

:?

Really looking forward to this match, I don't know where you're coming from.

Postby Cannonball

SnookerFan wrote:
The Cueist wrote:Oh!!!! Yeah!!!! They are on ebay already and I have heard that they are highly sought after by the Hollywood A - Listers .

:?

Really looking forward to this match, I don't know where you're coming from.

You're not wrong mate! rofl