Topic locked

Re: Dafabet Masters Pre Tournament Discussion !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Bingham vs Fu on Sunday night is a match that looks interesting. Not one of the glamour ties, but certainly too likeable players.

Bingham, you'd expect to take it. But Fu can be a handful on his day.

Anybody else looking forward to this one?

Postby Cannonball

SnookerFan wrote:Bingham vs Fu on Sunday night is a match that looks interesting. Not one of the glamour ties, but certainly too likeable players.

Bingham, you'd expect to take it. But Fu can be a handful on his day.

Anybody else looking forward to this one?

:zzz: Yes mate, will make a special................ :zzz: effort to come out of.......................Winter hibernation for that one. :zzz:

Postby The Cueist

Bingham V Fu ?????? Exciting , Enough said.
Cant wait .
I will make a point of delaying my winter hibernation
For this heralded match with these two mega exciting
Exponents of professional snooker.

Snookerfan , Thanks for reminding us of tbis match.
I couldn't have imagined a better match in the whole tournament.

Postby SnookerFan

The Cueist wrote:Bingham V Fu ?????? Exciting , Enough said.
Cant wait .
I will make a point of delaying my winter hibernation
For this heralded match with these two mega exciting
Exponents of professional snooker.

Snookerfan , Thanks for reminding us of tbis match.
I couldn't have imagined a better match in the whole tournament.

Obviously, the Selby vs Murphy match that afternoon is the more marquee game. And probably the tie of the first round for most people. But Bingham and Fu is a nice enough way to end the day. Both of them seem fairly nice guys, and you couldn't complain if either of them won. Could be go either way, could be interesting.

Hopefully I can get back through London after the afternoon match in time to see this match on TV. I'll deffo grab a can of beer or two with this one, and I'd be happy if either man won. :hatoff:

Postby vodkadiet

Group D looks like the strongest group. O'Sullivan should win group A, Robertson FOR Group B, and Group C is quite strong, I probably favour Junhui there.

Postby The Cueist

It is tough to call who will win .
Ding ihas been missing balls and giving frames away.
Ronnie has been missing silly shots .

I would go for Trump , He is knocking the door with his form to winning a major .

Robrertson will be trying hard so will selby who has a good record in this event .

If Ronnie turns up and has a week like last year then he
Could win again .

Easier said than done mind you when you are defending a title.
Can't wait to see what unfolds .

Postby Cannonball

Cueist, I know what you mean, and I feel the same. If Ronnie plays really well, I can see him retaining his title. If not, it could be any one of four others who could win it for me. But the Bookies and punters have Ronnie nailed on. He's the runaway favourite.

I don't think he can play worse than the UK and he won that.

Postby The Cueist

I hooe he does retain the title .
And if he could win the uk playing in a set up I coukd tell he didn't like with a sore ankle then it is possible.

We will see soon enough even though I cant wait.
Might go and watch a few matches next year.

I go now and again .
Prefer to go on my own and get peace to watch snooker live which I love.

Atmosphere can be electric and I always end up having a chat with other snooker fan's about the matches.

Amd I always try to get ticjets at the back.
You see more and I bring my reading specs to see better.

Are you going this year cannonball?

Postby Cannonball

The Cueist wrote:I hooe he does retain the title .
And if he could win the uk playing in a set up I coukd tell he didn't like with a sore ankle then it is possible.

We will see soon enough even though I cant wait.
Might go and watch a few matches next year.

I go now and again .
Prefer to go on my own and get peace to watch snooker live which I love.

Atmosphere can be electric and I always end up having a chat with other snooker fan's about the matches.

Amd I always try to get ticjets at the back.
You see more and I bring my reading specs to see better.

Are you going this year cannonball?

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I think the next chance of any comp for me will be the Welsh Open. I need to put some cash and holiday aside for that foreign PTC I'd like to attend, especially if a friend gets off the fence and enters it.

Postby Dan-cat

I tried to get tickets for the final a couple of weeks ago, all sold out...

...but my lovely girlfriend bought me two tickets for Christmas for me and my snooker buddy Steve. Yay!!

I also got a 1956 edition of Joe Davis's book 'How I play snooker' (which I've nearly finished - it contains some absolute nuggets), subscription to Snooker Scene magazine and a tip shaper. A bumper Christmas haul: I'm a very lucky boy.

Postby Cannonball

Dan-cat wrote:I tried to get tickets for the final a couple of weeks ago, all sold out...

...but my lovely girlfriend bought me two tickets for Christmas for me and my snooker buddy Steve. Yay!!

I also got a 1956 edition of Joe Davis's book 'How I play snooker' (which I've nearly finished - it contains some absolute nuggets), subscription to Snooker Scene magazine and a tip shaper. A bumper Christmas haul: I'm a very lucky boy.

I' very wary of old snooker manuals, the game has changed a lot in the last sixty years. You'd be better off (in general) watching Ronnie's show on how to play or watching and copying Robbo/Trump. Tip shaper; lol.

Postby TheSaviour

The Cueist wrote:It is tough to call who will win .
Ding ihas been missing balls and giving frames away.
Ronnie has been missing silly shots .

I would go for Trump , He is knocking the door with his form to winning a major .

Robrertson will be trying hard so will selby who has a good record in this event .

If Ronnie turns up and has a week like last year then he
Could win again .

Easier said than done mind you when you are defending a title.
Can't wait to see what unfolds .

I don´t think Ronnie has recently missed silly shots. The nature of the snooker is that all of the players do miss shots. Ronnie´s last two tournaments (The Champion of champions and the UK Championships) have both ended Ronnie lifting the winner´s title.

Expect the unexpected, and keep on working hard. I personally certainly do enjoy and like to put a massive efforts in if I see even an outside chance of something which could be called as a job.. Since currently I don´t have any other ones. If this doesn´t work then I try something else. Which could be describe as a job.. :hatoff:

Postby Wildey

Cannonball wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:I tried to get tickets for the final a couple of weeks ago, all sold out...

I' very wary of old snooker manuals, the game has changed a lot in the last sixty years. You'd be better off (in general) watching Ronnie's show on how to play or watching and copying Robbo/Trump. Tip shaper; lol.

The Basics of the game hasent changed you still have to pot the balls now as was the case 100 years ago.

Postby SnookerFan

TheSaviour wrote:
I don´t think Ronnie has recently missed silly shots. The nature of the snooker is that all of the players do miss shots. Ronnie´s last two tournaments (The Champion of champions and the UK Championships) have both ended Ronnie lifting the winner´s title.

Expect the unexpected, and keep on working hard. I personally certainly do enjoy and like to put a massive efforts in if I see even an outside chance of something which could be called as a job.. Since currently I don´t have any other ones. If this doesn´t work then I try something else. Which could be describe as a job.. :hatoff:

Rumour has it that he missed a pink once.

Postby SnookerFan

I just posted this Twitter Attack on the Championship League thread;

World Snooker ‏@WorldSnooker1
Shaun Murphy has withdrawn from the Championship League due to illness and has been replaced by Mark King.

But it struck me, he's playing Selby on Sunday. I wonder if this will have any bearing on his match. Will he turn up, and if so will he be able to play?

Postby SnookerFan

shankly wrote:Probably, he's got a week to get better.

Maybe he's just being cautious, and skipping what is essentially a series of practice matches, so he can get rest for The Masters.

Though, you would think he wouldn't have been preparing properly all week, if he's been ill. So will he be a bit rusty for the match? There was a lot of talk that Selby lost at the UK due to new baby fatigue. Will Murphy have just been ill fatigue?

Maybe this match will come down to who looks less knackered? <laugh>

Postby shankly

Who knows, might just be man flu. Maybe we'll hear more from his camp in the next couple of days. Reckon he'll be fine, both preparation-wise and during the match.

Out of curiosity, do you know what happens if he does withdraw? Does Selby get a walkover or does he play the world no. 16?

Postby SnookerFan

shankly wrote:Who knows, might just be man flu. Maybe we'll hear more from his camp in the next couple of days. Reckon he'll be fine, both preparation-wise and during the match.

Out of curiosity, do you know what happens if he does withdraw? Does Selby get a walkover or does he play the world no. 16?

Actually, I've no idea. Most tournaments it'd be a walkover, but most tournaments you have more than one match at a time. I'd assume that the organisers would have some kind of back-up plan, so they didn't have to refund tickets. I'm guessing though.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
shankly wrote:Who knows, might just be man flu. Maybe we'll hear more from his camp in the next couple of days. Reckon he'll be fine, both preparation-wise and during the match.

Actually, I've no idea. Most tournaments it'd be a walkover, but most tournaments you have more than one match at a time. I'd assume that the organisers would have some kind of back-up plan, so they didn't have to refund tickets. I'm guessing though.

Hum interesting that, ideally he'd be replaced by no.16 unless it was a last minute withdraw, but yeah it's an interesting point this.

But nevermind, Murphy will certainly play in the event me thinks.

Postby Cannonball

SnookerFan wrote:

Maybe he's just being cautious, and skipping what is essentially a series of practice matches, so he can get rest for The Masters.

Though, you would think he wouldn't have been preparing properly all week, if he's been ill. So will he be a bit rusty for the match? There was a lot of talk that Selby lost at the UK due to new baby fatigue. Will Murphy have just been ill fatigue?

What a heap of donkey doo. Baby fatigue? Selby didn't have a baby! rofl I'm, sure he can sleep alone and put in 4 hours practice a day as well as do a few feeds. Most fathers have to return to full time work and assist mom on top and they cope fine. As for Smurf, the pukka pies must have run out down the chipper. Man flu indeed. Day nurse sorts that.

I remember you lot slagging Ronnie for overplaying a broken ankle, a disgrace from you all, given how much pain he was in and he still hit a maxi and won the tournament. And here you are making excuses for your favourite players over a few sneezes. Pathetic.

Postby Cannonball

AC or LT? wrote:For some reason I was convinced this started yesterday, I must be going mad.

Well you do live in the past. rofl rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Cannonball wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

What a heap of donkey doo. Baby fatigue? Selby didn't have a baby! rofl I'm, sure he can sleep alone and put in 4 hours practice a day as well as do a few feeds. Most fathers have to return to full time work and assist mom on top and they cope fine. As for Smurf, the pukka pies must have run out down the chipper. Man flu indeed. Day nurse sorts that.

I remember you lot slagging Ronnie for overplaying a broken ankle, a disgrace from you all, given how much pain he was in and he still hit a maxi and won the tournament. And here you are making excuses for your favourite players over a few sneezes. Pathetic.

I wasn't blaming Ronnie for overplaying it. If anything, he was the one saying his foot was fine for most of the week.

The BBC were the ones who discussed it at every available opportunity.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Hum interesting that, ideally he'd be replaced by no.16 unless it was a last minute withdraw, but yeah it's an interesting point this.

But nevermind, Murphy will certainly play in the event me thinks.

No report of what is wrong with him, so hopefully nothing serious. Possibly just taking precautions pre-Masters.