Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Judd Trump v Stephen Maguire !

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:PS Just noticed we've had all the top 8 seeds lose so far. Might be a repeat of 2011 coming up...

Ding would like that. But I'm pretty sure either Robbo or Ronnie will get to the final.

By repeat, I mean 7/8 top seeds falling.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:PS Just noticed we've had all the top 8 seeds lose so far. Might be a repeat of 2011 coming up...

Ding would like that. But I'm pretty sure either Robbo or Ronnie will get to the final.

By repeat, I mean 7/8 top seeds falling.

It seems every time Selby goes out early here the other seeded players crash out as well. Is it the Selby curse?

Postby hendry_fan

Andre147 wrote:Very happy for Mags :-D Seems he finally got over those last 3 defeats against Judd.

He plays old pal Shaun next <laugh> might be a good match actually, they usually are between the two.

I heard they are indeed pals now,the chalk incident has been well n truly done and dusted. :-D

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:My predictions are going so well!

No. No they are not.

Mine neither so you're not the only one.

Actually, I think only Vodka predicted a Mags win.

Anyway, I can't see Milkins beating Robbo next, that would be the biggest chock by far.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:It seems every time Selby goes out early here the other seeded players crash out as well. Is it the Selby curse?

It's because the majority of players know they're not as good as Selby and that they don't deserve to go further in a tournament :|

Postby Andy Spark

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:Hazel giving the wrong stat as well. Mags has gone past the first round recently, semi in 2014?

Dennis Taylor is in charge of providing all stats for the BBC team <ok>

:chuckle: The BBC snooker team should listen to ITV4 coverage of snooker, then they'd realise just how rubbish they've become.

Postby Cannonball

Ronnie hasn't hit a ball and already things are looking rosy. Now if Milkins did a job on Robbo that really would open things up. Ronnie has come in to 6/4 for the title from 2/1 at the start of the week. Ronnie will be delighted.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Cannonball wrote:Ronnie hasn't hit a ball and already things are looking rosy. Now if Milkins did a job on Robbo that really would open things up. Ronnie has come in to 6/4 for the title from 2/1 at the start of the week. Ronnie will be delighted.

Yes the two biggest threats are already out but there are still plenty of good players left.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Cannonball wrote:Ronnie hasn't hit a ball and already things are looking rosy. Now if Milkins did a job on Robbo that really would open things up. Ronnie has come in to 6/4 for the title from 2/1 at the start of the week. Ronnie will be delighted.

Yes the two biggest threats are already out but there are still plenty of good players left.

Robbo his biggest threat now, and I would put Allen in 2nd place because if he starts having a good week he can be very dangerous too.

Postby SnookerFan

Clara8633 wrote:Glad to see Tramp lose the first round of the Masters :-) I'm fed up of the prospect of another Trump v ROS final and am looking forward to Murphy playing against his old rival.

I'm disappointed. Those Judd Tramp jokes keep getting funnier.

Postby SnookerFan

Skullman wrote:Hazel giving the wrong stat as well. Mags has gone past the first round recently, semi in 2014?

I like Hazel, but the BBC really needs to get information like this correct. It's getting embarrassing.

How difficult are these things to check?

Postby vodkadiet

SnookerFan wrote:

I like Hazel, but the BBC really needs to get information like this correct. It's getting embarrassing.

How difficult are these things to check?

You and I could do a better job, drunk!!

Postby Vallomas

SnookerFan wrote:Wow. I never saw that result coming. :shock:

I thought Trump was a certainty.

Same here, but Maguire has improved his game the last few months, so it's not such a big surprise.

Mags deserved the win yesterday, he played more consistently and he was MUCH better on the tactical field.

Postby vodkadiet

SnookerFan wrote:I don't watch tennis. Do the BBC make this many mistakes with Wimbledon?

No. They have pundits who research the players they will be commentating on, and haven't just come in from the 18th hole.

Sack the lot of them and get pundits who can be bothered.

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I don't watch tennis. Do the BBC make this many mistakes with Wimbledon?

No. They have pundits who research the players they will be commentating on, and haven't just come in from the 18th hole.

Sack the lot of them and get pundits who can be bothered.

I kind of figured that. They always have plenty of streams on the red button for live tennis too.

To the BBC;

Snooker = Filler for the daytime TV schedule.
Wimbledon = TENNIS IS THE MOST EXCITING AND WONDERFUL SPORT IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE!
Other Tennis = What, that exists?

<laugh>