Post a reply

Re: Coral U K Championship Final : O'Sullivan v Trump !

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Maybe we can get different players playing well for a change?

If it were Selby you certainly wouldn't mind him playing well all the time :john:
Last edited by Andre147 on 07 Dec 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Skullman

Incidentally was just updating my snooker stats and...

Skullman Fun Fact: This UK championship has had the most deciders (from the last 32 stage) with 9, the previous greatest being 7.

And there's still the final to go...

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:

If it were Selby you certainly wouldn't mind him playing well all the time :john:

Not the same opponent though. I'd want him beat a bunch of different people.

Postby Muppet147

Skullman wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:It should be a fantastic final.

Both players have been playing some fantastic stuff.

I'm glad it's Trump rather than Maguire in the final because I think it will be more attacking.

Hard to predict a winner but I'm going for 10-8 to O'Sullivan.

Maguire can be very attacking, but it's less likely it'll come off for him like it does with Judd.

Anyway, regarding the final, I'd prefer Judd to win just so that Selby isn't the only player who can stop ROS, although I'll take a good final, with seventeen frames at least.

Yes, I'll take that too.

I don't mind if Judd wins this one, as he plays an exciting brand of snooker.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Same here. I would love a Ronnie v Robbo final for instance. They never played a proper multi session final.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Same here. I would love a Ronnie v Robbo final for instance. They never played a proper multi session final.

Yeah was actuallt thinking of that. In fact, they only played one Final, World Open 2010 but even that was only Best of 9 so it's not even a proper final pmsl

That would be a great match SO, but I guess these days they are more likely to meet at the semis.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Ronnie's post match interview:

“To be honest if it had been a boxing match at 4-1 down they would definitely have stopped it, and you’d be talking to Stuart as the winner,” said O’Sullivan.

“He was giving me a good hiding. I couldn’t compete and it was looking like 6-1 all day. He outpotted me, outscored me and outfoxed me.

“I really feel I got away with that one and got lucky – and that has happened a few times this week to be fair.

“I am delighted to have won and be in the final, but sometimes you can mask something with a plaster. The deeper issue for me is why I was being pushed around so easily.

“I don’t want to have to experience that too often, and maybe it is because I choose not to play as match snooker as some of the others and I am not as match sharp.

“I am not playing as consistently well as I was in 2012 and 2013, but I have a never-say-die attitude and can draw on a lot of experience. But you want to be pulling away, not hanging on.”

http://www.inside-snooker.com/snooker/2 ... e-comeback

Postby Andre147

What a year Ronnie is having, as SO said a few hours ago, he has reached all 4 BBC tournament Finals this year, a remarkable feat, especially for a man of his age.

Hopefully he will cap it off with a 5th UK Title, nothing would please me more, it's been far too long, 7 years in fact, since Ronnie last won it, and as he said in this interview, he wants to put things right.

http://www.inside-snooker.com/snooker/2 ... itch-at-uk

Hopefully he will. :-D

Postby Andre147

The Cueist wrote:Agreed , I can't wait to see all the trials and tribulations.
And isn't it funny how the man behind came through his semi 5 - 2 behind is playing the man who was 5 - 1 up in his respective semi to make the final.

What does that tell us ?

5-2 behind? lol, Ronnie wasn't 5-2 behind, he was 4-1 down, made it 4-4, and then cameback from 5-4 to win the match. The second part you're right though.

Postby vodkadiet

There will be an additional innovation for today's final; namely walk on (or walk to the commentary box music) for the commentators:

Dennis Taylor chose this tune as he thought it was a song about how an ex players show television viewers how players can get out of snookers, with the help of a magic pen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z49bfaXGX78

Postby The Cueist

Yes Andre147 ,I stand corrected , Thank you very much .
I hadnt watched the match and I mistakenly thought that was the score.

I have since watched the match on you tube and he dug deep to win without writing the bible about it and keeping the accurate news content of News Night the bbc2 indepth news .

A million apologies sir!!!!! J!!!!!!!

Postby Roland

Rocket13x147 wrote:Good morning fellow Rocketeers! What a wonderful Sunday. He may be closer to 40 than he likes so let us feast our eyes on the greatest of all time once more in a major ranking final. Praise be to God for bringing the Rocket to snooker world. Because he's no mere mortal. The ace in the pack against the best ever, exciting match. After admitting that he was scared last night against Maguire and sounding like a relieved and broken man in his post match interview I've got just one thought for Trump in his match against Ronnie:

Welcome to the God damn Terrordome!

We don't need another hero, we've got the Rocket!

Post approved but keep up this fanboy rubbish and you are gone!

:santa:

Postby Cloud Strife

Roland wrote:
Rocket13x147 wrote:Good morning fellow Rocketeers! What a wonderful Sunday. He may be closer to 40 than he likes so let us feast our eyes on the greatest of all time once more in a major ranking final. Praise be to God for bringing the Rocket to snooker world. Because he's no mere mortal. The ace in the pack against the best ever, exciting match. After admitting that he was scared last night against Maguire and sounding like a relieved and broken man in his post match interview I've got just one thought for Trump in his match against Ronnie:

Welcome to the God damn Terrordome!

We don't need another hero, we've got the Rocket!

Post approved but keep up this fanboy rubbish and you are gone!

:santa:

rofl

He reminds me of another poster here. :gag:

Postby Roland

Ok children enough. Let's just enjoy the final and stop bickering. This forum is intended for proper snooker discussion, not posters slagging each other off. All posts attacking members and talk of moderator decisions have been removed.

Postby Wildey

For Me Judd has to get off to a very good start he cant afford to let Ronnie get a lead because when the likes of Ronnie gets a lead even when someone comes back at them like Judd did in the COC Final he has enough frames in reserve to kick on again.

5-3 or 6-2 Judd at the end of the 1st session Judd has a chance to win his second UK if its 5-3 Ronnie Then i think Ronnie will steamroll the final.

Postby Roland

It's hard to predict. I thought Judd needs to get off to a good start but he got so edgy last night at 5-1 I think his best chance is if it stays close throughout.

Postby Skullman

The only thing is if Judd gets a big lead and Ronnie starts coming back, the session break might end Ronnie's momentum. I don't think Ronnie has been playing as well as he was in the CoC and he has been a weak starter all week. If Judd doesn't completely vanish like Bingo did, he has a chance.