Post a reply

Re: Coral U K Championship Final : O'Sullivan v Trump !

Postby Vallomas

Better than late, my humble opinion for the final.

A great match. Not of the highest quality, but full of drama. Judd started by potting some incredible long reds, but he couldn't control the cue ball, so he gave Ronnie the opportunity to be in front. At 9-4 maybe Ronnie underestimated Judd and the latter showed his ability and levelled the match. On the decider, it's always a test of nerves and a matter of luck. Ronnie was slightly better and won the trophy.

As a Ronnie admirer, I can't imagine what would have happened to him if he had lost this final from 9-4. It would be a huge blow, especially after the lost WC final. But I am thinking for Judd too, if he had won in such way, it would have been a big boost to his career, but... I hope that he will regain his confidence soon.

Postby The Cueist

Cor mate !!!!
Who is this Hendryfan one!!!!!!!
Verybover the top post , Seems jealous of ronnie to the point of being mentally ill.

We are fans of snooker on here and I post because the game interests me but I am glad I am not like you over it

You need to get a grip mate as you are losing the plot , You are what i would call a mentalist.
Take a look at that post.
Hendry aint relevant son , Get it in there.

Retired due to frustration at not winning majors for whatever reason.

Postby przebi

I was very happy and relieved when Ronnie won yesterday. This is great that he still can win an event like this. 21 years after doing it for the first time is making history. Let us all Ronnie fans enjoy the moment. On the other hand I must agree that he was very lucky throughout the whole tournament. He had problems with Woolaston, should have lost with McGill and Bingham and in the final played his B game at best. And it was very close (as was e.g miss on the blue on the maxi he made). The whole tournament he played his B and C game and it tourned out to be enough for win this time. The problem that I see is that his A game (the one from the CoC final or last year's Masters) is now getting more an more rare. The first scraches could be seen during last years Welsh Open. Then there were the Worlds and most of the time it was only his B game. I must admit he collapsed mentally and maybe also physically in the end of the Final. He is becoming more and more inconsistant, more often loosing positions in breakbuilding . The "one visit" thing is now history. On the other hand he is much stronger mentally then he used to be and this win will add now to his selfconfidence, his safe game is very good and he really has "cojones" to go for those risky long pots in deciders. Difficult to say how long his winning will last but lets enjoy the moment now. Btw I find all the discussion who is/was better Hendry or Ronnie nonsense I dont believe it is his motivation to continue his career. They were both excellent although O'Sullivan more talented but Hendry more mentally strong. I believe if Ronnie was in this shape of mental condition as he is now throughout his whole career who would be 10 time World Champion now at least but he cannot beat Hendry now (at least not in the WC titles). It is too late for this. .

Postby Cannonball

The Cueist wrote:Cor mate !!!!
Who is this Hendryfan one!!!!!!!
Verybover the top post , Seems jealous of ronnie to the point of being mentally ill.

We are fans of snooker on here and I post because the game interests me but I am glad I am not like you over it

You need to get a grip mate as you are losing the plot , You are what i would call a mentalist.
Take a look at that post.
Hendry aint relevant son , Get it in there.

Retired due to frustration at not winning majors for whatever reason.

rofl Still hasn't got over Ronnie, MJW and Higgins retiring Hendry :mosh2: . Oh dear. rofl

Postby Snooker Overdrive

hendry_fan wrote:
Hendry= Ranking event finals: 57 (36 titles, 21 runner-ups)

Ronnie= Ranking event finals: 39 (27 titles, 12 runner-ups)

Ronnies got a good bit o work to do,...he,s <only> got another 20 finals to make + another 11 tourneys to win,including 3 more of the most precious title in snooker,....the World Championships!.

I think it's a bit funny. You show us these stats for over 2 years now and Ronnie's number is always climbing up <laugh>

But tell me, why does Ronnie have to make another 20 finals? To reach Hendry's runner-ups number? You must be kidding. Also why does Ronnie have to win more World Title than Hendry to be regarded as the best of all time in your eyes? Wouldn't tying it do the trick?

Postby Cannonball

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:

Ronnies got a good bit o work to do,...he,s <only> got another 20 finals to make + another 11 tourneys to win,including 3 more of the most precious title in snooker,....the World Championships!.

I think it's a bit funny. You show us these stats for over 2 years now and Ronnie's number is always climbing up <laugh>

But tell me, why does Ronnie have to make another 20 finals? To reach Hendry's runner-ups number? You must be kidding. Also why does Ronnie have to win more World Title than Hendry to be regarded as the best of all time in your eyes? Wouldn't tying it do the trick?

:hatoff: :john: :innocent: rofl :bowdown: <laugh> :chuckle:

Postby The Cueist

Cannoball , Snooker Overdrive , Good truthful posts.
I dont grudge Hendry , Selby anything thry won.
I would agree Ros , MJW , Higgins retired Hendry in terms of major wins.

Ros title count keeps going up and he has kept himself fit to do this.
I hope he wins the masters in january when his ankle heals properly.

Postby Cannonball

The Cueist wrote:Cannoball , Snooker Overdrive , Good truthful posts.
I dont grudge Hendry , Selby anything thry won.
I would agree Ros , MJW , Higgins retired Hendry in terms of major wins.

Ros title count keeps going up and he has kept himself fit to do this.
I hope he wins the masters in january when his ankle heals properly.

Me neither, I regard Hendry as one of the greats. Not as talented as Jimmy, Alex and Ronnie, but a great. If I was pushed, I'd say the 2nd greatest player overall. But just on talent, I'd say the 4th greatest. Hendry raised the bar and that was great. Snooker was better for him. But as we know, Ronnie took that challenge and made a whole new one, raising the bar further than any before him.

Postby Cloud Strife

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:

I was thinking the same thing as well. The numbers don't add up, do they?

Ronnie is 9 behind in ranking wins and 9 behind in runner-ups, so why does he need to reach another 20 finals to overtake Hendry?

And another 11 tournaments to win? Why another 11? Something seems amiss to me. :chin:

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:

Ronnie is 9 behind in ranking wins and 9 behind in runner-ups, so why does he need to reach another 20 finals to overtake Hendry?

And another 11 tournaments to win? Why another 11? Something seems amiss to me. :chin:

Don't you know... he's absolutely OBCESSED with numbers... even if Ronnie won 7 Worlds and reached 35 titles he woukdnt be the greatest because you know there would still be one missing rofl <doh>

Titles are important no doubt, but as even Wild has so often admited, a player is not only solely judged by titles, there are far other important things as well, such as natural ability, skill, and above all longevity in the game, which for Ronnie is by far the greatest in that department.

Hendry-fan is abolsutely obcessed with those numbers. And why are the ranking finals Hendry didnt win so damn important? rofl Because it suits him that's why... It's a failure if a player doesn't win the title no matter what you say. So if Ronnie were to win another 9 rankers on the trot but dont make those 50+ finals then that would be bad right rofl if anything, it's a bad strike rate that's what it is.

Dont get me wrong, I still think Hendry is the greatest, but for me Ronnie is on 2nd place and fast approaching to be the greatest of all time. If he wins another World Title, or especially if he wins another in his 40s, then for me I think he'll be the greatest. But I dont care to be honest, Ronnie doesnt have anything else to prove anymore, he's already a true legend of the game.

Postby hendry_fan

Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:

I think it's a bit funny. You show us these stats for over 2 years now and Ronnie's number is always climbing up

Don't you know... he's absolutely OBCESSED with numbers... even if Ronnie won 7 Worlds and reached 35 titles he woukdnt be the greatest because you know there would still be one missing rofl

Titles are important no doubt, but as even Wild has so often admited, a player is not only solely judged by titles, there are far other important things as well, such as natural ability, skill, and above all longevity in the game, which for Ronnie is by far the greatest in that department.

Hendry-fan is abolsutely obcessed with those numbers. And why are the ranking finals Hendry didnt win so damn important? rofl Because it suits him that's why... It's a failure if a player doesn't win the title no matter what you say. So if Ronnie were to win another 9 rankers on the trot but dont make those 50+ finals then that would be bad right rofl if anything, it's a bad strike rate that's what it is.

Dont get me wrong, I still think Hendry is the greatest, but for me Ronnie is on 2nd place and fast approaching to be the greatest of all time. If he wins another World Title, or especially if he wins another in his 40s, then for me I think he'll be the greatest. But I dont care to be honest, Ronnie doesnt have anything else to prove anymore, he's already a true legend of the game.

My apologies for the false "numbers",i,ll take that bit of my post back as i did,nt check it properly and did it in a rush,counting,maths has never been my strong point anyway. :-)

Ronnie needs 3 more Worlds to BEAT Hendrys record of 7,he needs 10 more Ranking titles to BEAT hendrys title record tally and needs to have made 18 more finals to be able to pinch that record also.

Fair enough,I,ll agree that if Ronnie were indeed to win another 2 world titles and a few more ranking titles,then sure,he could,or then should be regarded as the greatest ever,but as i,ve said many a time,until he,s achieved those feats,Hendry should still be considered the greatest ever.

As you say,Ronnies numbers have climbed up,but it,s easier said than done to say that he,ll be able to keep them comin in,will it happen,and if so,how many will it end up being,well,there,s only 1 real answer to that,= we,ll all just have to wait n see.

As far as Ronnie needin 8 worlds,well i actually meant it in the sense of that he would have beaten Hendrys 7 if he were to make 8,but yeah,i,ll go along with that,that if Ronnie were indeed to win 2 more and therefore equal the record as well as winning a good few other tourneys,then he should be considered the greatest ever as he did it in different eras.

Ronnie certainly has the chance to breal these records and without a doubt,be truly regarded as the greatest ever,but as i said,it,s faaaaaaaaaaaaarrrr easier said than done.

And as far as finals bein made,i was statin another FACT,that fact is yet another record that Hendry holds,thats got nothin to do with "suiting me",it,s pure FACTS!!.

So,thats it from me for the moment,i,ve said what i wanted to,one could go on forever.

I,m lookin forward to The Masters and next year,so lets move on for the moment.

Take care all,catch you all in a bit!,enjoy yourselves!. :tree: :cracker: :wine: <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

"There is also a huge difference between how Ronnie is playing now and how he was playing a few years back. I think the difference with him now is that he is a winner. In tournaments earlier in his career, he was letting his head drop, if he wasn’t playing well he would beat himself up about it. Nowadays, he’s prepared to scrap matches out and he’s turning up to tournaments to win the whole event."

Spot on.

Hopefully the days of the petulant Ronnie are gone, and we see more of this determined Ronnie who'll not throw a tantrum if he's not playing his A-Game.

Postby Cannonball

SnookerFan wrote:"There is also a huge difference between how Ronnie is playing now and how he was playing a few years back. I think the difference with him now is that he is a winner. In tournaments earlier in his career, he was letting his head drop, if he wasn’t playing well he would beat himself up about it. Nowadays, he’s prepared to scrap matches out and he’s turning up to tournaments to win the whole event."

Spot on.

Hopefully the days of the petulant Ronnie are gone, and we see more of this determined Ronnie who'll not throw a tantrum if he's not playing his A-Game.

Great stuff from Hendry. I hadn't thought of any of these points before I read his article, which is insightful, original, revealing and pertinent. Genius. rofl

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:Hendry's style of writing is as exciting and colorful as his personality is.

your posting is as predictable and not very exciting either if truth be told.

maybe you have got a lot in common with Hendry after all

Postby Clara8633

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Hendry's style of writing is as exciting and colorful as his personality is.

your posting is as predictable and not very exciting either if truth be told.

maybe you have got a lot in common with Hendry after all

pmsl I think there's a massive difference between these two, especially their class.

Postby Clara8633

Cannonball wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:"There is also a huge difference between how Ronnie is playing now and how he was playing a few years back. I think the difference with him now is that he is a winner. In tournaments earlier in his career, he was letting his head drop, if he wasn’t playing well he would beat himself up about it. Nowadays, he’s prepared to scrap matches out and he’s turning up to tournaments to win the whole event."

Spot on.

Great stuff from Hendry. I hadn't thought of any of these points before I read his article, which is insightful, original, revealing and pertinent. Genius. rofl

There's no need to be sarcastic about what Hendry said, seeing as you've probably never said anything pertinent or informative in your life.

Postby Cannonball

He's no Steve Davis, that's for sure. His commentary is as dull as dishwater, less personality than a haggis. I do like haggis.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:He's a snooker player. Did you expect him to have the prose of Oscar Wilde?

I think certain posters on this site must've been bullied by Hendry as a kid. Any excuse to badmouth him.

Jealousy what makes people behave in that way.

I Know because i was the same when i was 10 but i grew out of it by 15.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

watched the final frame of this years WC final. ronnie should have it comfortably but missed a simple positional shot and missed after that frame ball. but the clearance after that from selby till the black was class under that pressure :hatoff:

now i will watch the decider from sunday
Last edited by masterdoctorgenius on 10 Dec 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andy Spark

masterdoctorgenius wrote:watched the final frame of this years WC final. ronnie should have it comfortably but missed a simple positional shot and missed after that frame ball. but the clearance after that from selby till the black was class under that pressure:hatoff:

now i will watch the decider from sunday

Yes, I didn't think Selby had it in him to produce the snooker he played in the 2014 World Championship. I misjudged him, he's better than I thought.