Post a reply

Re: Coral U K Championship Semi Final 2: Trump v Maguire !

Postby Cannonball

Clara8633 wrote:
Cannonball wrote:Mags has lost it, completely gone. And he's shaking his head and looking bemused. He should be thinking about what he is doing wrong, which is to do with sighting above the shot, on the shot and how he is cueing. There is no way his mind is right if he can't even do the basic angle check before feathering. If it doesn't look 10/10, you get up. And you keep getting up and going down until it does look 10/10. Basic stuff.

Easier said than done, I'm afraid.

That depends who the player is. We often see little things from Ronnie, in his stance, bridge, head position that tells us that he's resetting himself. What you can't do is be negative in your emotions, Trump feeds off that. When it goes wrong, you have to check all the basics, as your coach has told you for decades. He's struggling with the pace of the table.
Last edited by Cannonball on 06 Dec 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Clara8633

Cannonball wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:I'm afraid this match is already over >-(

Maguire <doh>

Why hammer the red that hard? It's not going in on a Star at that pace. Better to play a proper safety instead, or simply play it a reasonable pace and commit to the black. Brain fuddled nonsense.

Who do you mean? I'm not watching the match live so I don't know.

Postby Cannonball

Clara8633 wrote:
Cannonball wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:I'm afraid this match is already over >-(

Maguire <doh>

Why hammer the red that hard? It's not going in on a Star at that pace. Better to play a proper safety instead, or simply play it a reasonable pace and commit to the black. Brain fuddled nonsense.

Who do you mean? I'm not watching the match live so I don't know.

:shc:

Postby Cannonball

TheRocket wrote:This match is over. And Trump is potting like a machine.

Trump gets lucky again. Can't dislike him though, those pots are very special on a Star, maybe only he can pot them.

Postby Andre147

I must say Trump played his best in thsoe first 4 frames there, despite giving Mags some chances.

His long potting is out of this world.

In the Final against Ronnie that will be Ronnie's biggest concern.

Postby Cannonball

Clara8633 wrote:
Cannonball wrote:
Clara8633 wrote:Mags <doh>

So are you keeping up on the app then? Why not watch it?

I don't have a tv license.

Oh. No internet feed?

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Well Trump is playing great but what a joke of a performance from Maguire!

Yeah Mags should be level at 2-2 really, but Trump has to be said knocked in some long ones that were simply out of this world.

Just a matter of when and not if...

I reckon Judd will win 6-1.

Postby Clara8633

Cannonball wrote:
Clara8633 wrote:
Cannonball wrote:
Clara8633 wrote:Mags <doh>

So are you keeping up on the app then? Why not watch it?

I don't have a tv license.

Oh. No internet feed?

I have access to the internet, and there's a desktop and laptop in the house. Just no tv - it was deleted because no one cared to watch it and it was just wasting away money. I don't regret that at all actually.

Postby Clara8633

The Cueist wrote:Clara my dear , Mags is not playing one visit snooker and has paid the price so var this evening .
You cant leave a hungry Trump on.

Indeed, Trump is a hungry player right now and potting spectacularly (and quickly).

Mags has been pretty rubbish, otherwise he would have won one or two frames regardless of how Trump is playing.