Post a reply

Re: Coral U K Championship Semi Final 2: Trump v Maguire !

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Clara8633 wrote:If Trump reaches the final, I'm 99% sure he'd win. Partly because he seems to be playing better and more consistently than ROS at the moment, and also because he'd be determined not to lose against the same player in two consecutive finals.

I think Ronnie has a slightly better chance of winning than just 1% ;-)

Postby Cannonball

NNear wrote:As great as Ding's season was last year he didn't win or even reach the final of any of the Triple Crown events, which is kind of a big deal...

Selby's win may well have been the culmination of all his previous hard work and his crowning achievement and that from here he'll steadily decline. I've thought it too and mentioned it on this board, though admittedly before he actually won his WChamps. I hesitate to write the great champion off but I sense that further decline will come as well. The mental efforts required for Selby to play at the top of his game just seem monstrous. It's got to be hard to sustain that...

True guys it's a bit naive for me to assume the standard would rival the CoC finals but you never know, it could/should produce a classic match and one that could see a deciding frame.

Insightful and spot on. Ding goes AWOL in the big events and it's all in his mind I think. He needs to sort that out; there are sports psychos who can help him a lot, if they haven't already?

Selby is swimming up river. He doesn't have the talent the other lads have got and has to practice and work very hard to keep up. Folk like him because he's a trier, makes the odd quip that some find amusing. Not enough for me, can't be a fan of Selby. Though I'd support him any day over Robbo. No way can I support an Oz against a Brit; computer says no!

Postby Clara8633

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Clara8633 wrote:If Trump reaches the final, I'm 99% sure he'd win. Partly because he seems to be playing better and more consistently than ROS at the moment, and also because he'd be determined not to lose against the same player in two consecutive finals.

I really think Trump can beat ROS if he gets there, but that's not got much to do with his chances of winning. If you know what I mean lol.

Postby Cannonball

Snooker Overdrive wrote:

:clap: Don't say sensible things; it won't get it! rofl

Postby Clara8633

Cannonball wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Why don't you shut up and look at my last post?

Just because I really think that Trump can win against ROS doesn't mean the latter only has a 1% chance to win. The 99% bit is obviously there merely to emphasize my opinion.

Btw, your English is faulty - it should be "she", not "it".

Postby Andre147

Clara8633 wrote:
Cannonball wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Why don't you shut up and look at my last post?

Just because I really think that Trump can win against ROS doesn't mean the latter only has a 1% chance to win. The 99% bit is obviously there merely to emphasize my opinion.

Btw, your English is faulty - it should be "she", not "it".

Just see the funny side of it, if there's any that is :roll:

Postby The Cueist

Cannonball wrote:
NNear wrote:As great as Ding's season was last year he didn't win or even reach the final of any of the Triple Crown events, which is kind of a big deal...

Selby's win may well have been the culmination of all his previous hard work and his crowning achievement and that from here he'll steadily decline. I've thought it too and mentioned it on this board, though admittedly before he actually won his WChamps. I hesitate to write the great champion off but I sense that further decline will come as well. The mental efforts required for Selby to play at the top of his game just seem monstrous. It's got to be hard to sustain that...

True guys it's a bit naive for me to assume the standard would rival the CoC finals but you never know, it could/should produce a classic match and one that could see a deciding frame.

Insightful and spot on. Ding goes AWOL in the big events and it's all in his mind I think. He needs to sort that out; there are sports psychos who can help him a lot, if they haven't already?

Selby is swimming up river. He doesn't have the talent the other lads have got and has to practice and work very hard to keep up. Folk like him because he's a trier, makes the odd quip that some find amusing. Not enough for me, can't be a fan of Selby. Though I'd support him any day over Robbo. No way can I support an Oz against a Brit; computer says no!

Computer says no , Love that.
And my sentiments as well on brit V oz

Postby Clara8633

Andre147 wrote:
Just see the funny side of it, if there's any that is :roll:

When he posted all that rubbish the other day, I found it funny because his posts were ludicrous but not rude. Now he's saying rude and obnoxious things and it's really starting to irritate me.
Last edited by Clara8633 on 06 Dec 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

Clara8633 wrote:
The Cueist wrote:99 per cent my foot

I'm the one who dislikes Trump and am fine with ROS... Not the other way round :|

Dont think they quite understood your 99% you mentioned...

It simply implies you're almost certain Trump will win if he faces Ronnie, I don't think it means Ronnie has 1% chance of winning because obviosuly it doesnt.

For me if they indeed meet, it's 45% Ronnie and 55% in Trump's favour.

Postby Clara8633

Andre147 wrote:
Clara8633 wrote:
The Cueist wrote:99 per cent my foot

I'm the one who dislikes Trump and am fine with ROS... Not the other way round :|

Dont think they quite understood your 99% you mentioned...

It simply implies you're almost certain Trump will win if he faces Ronnie, I don't think it means Ronnie has 1% chance of winning because obviosuly it doesnt.

For me if they indeed meet, it's 45% Ronnie and 55% in Trump's favour.

Yes, I agree with everything you've said. I also think Trump has around 55% chance of winning or something like that. Maybe even a decider.

Postby Andre147

Mags is well capable of spoiling the party (for most that is) so Judd firstly has to beat him.

For Mags it all depends on how he starts... a good start is vital for him in my opinion.

Postby Cannonball

The Cueist wrote:Who cares ? What wil be will be.
I am hoping for a ronnie win.
Obviously Trump is playing well and will be potentially tough to beat.

We will have to wait and see what unravels.

Spot on, I couldn't call a final of Mags or Judd v. Ronnie. Too much has happened this week to make anything certain. Only a fool would say they're 99% certain (or overwhelming certain) that Judd would beat Ronnie, or vice-versa. Given Ronnie's poor form in patches, he's no gimme for the title but given his huge talent and ability to switch on when really interested, he's capable of destroying his opponents. Depends which Ronnie turns up and frustratingly, both Ronnie's often turn up in the same match (he is bi-polar afterall) and what form he's in. His form is patchy and I put that down to the ankle issue and lack of table time.

But it is, what it is. Fingers crossed, we get some vintage Ronnie and a great final. And if someone beats him playing even better; fair play.

Postby The Cueist

Cannonball wrote:
The Cueist wrote:Who cares ? What wil be will be.
I am hoping for a ronnie win.
Obviously Trump is playing well and will be potentially tough to beat.

We will have to wait and see what unravels.

Well put Cannonball , It is too difficult to call .
As you say Mags could spoil Trumps party for sure tonight.

And Mags has been patchy this week , Lets be honest
Spot on, I couldn't call a final of Mags or Judd v. Ronnie. Too much has happened this week to make anything certain. Only a fool would say they're 99% certain (or overwhelming certain) that Judd would beat Ronnie, or vice-versa. Given Ronnie's poor form in patches, he's no gimme for the title but given his huge talent and ability to switch on when really interested, he's capable of destroying his opponents. Depends which Ronnie turns up and frustratingly, both Ronnie's often turn up in the same match (he is bi-polar afterall) and what form he's in. His form is patchy and I put that down to the ankle issue and lack of table time.

But it is, what it is. Fingers crossed, we get some vintage Ronnie and a great final. And if someone beats him playing even better; fair play.

Postby Cannonball

If this match goes on late (let's hope so lol) will it wipe out Ronnie's opponent for tomorrow? Late finishes do affect some players, could it affect these two? One thing for sure, Ronnie's either got time to have a practice or time to have an early night.
Last edited by Cannonball on 06 Dec 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Clara8633

Cannonball wrote:
Spot on, I couldn't call a final of Mags or Judd v. Ronnie. Too much has happened this week to make anything certain. Only a fool would say they're 99% certain (or overwhelming certain) that Judd would beat Ronnie, or vice-versa.

Overwhelmingly certain.

Postby Cannonball

The Cueist wrote:Posted with quote and ballsed it !!!!!!!!! J!!!!!!!!!!

Anything could hapoen , There are three possible winners of this years uk at the moment

rofl We've all done that.

Postby Wildey

Clara8633 wrote:Selby declining already? That never occurred to me. I just think he's having a bad start to the season.

Selby just became a dad so playing snooker is way off his priorities at the moment.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Cannonball wrote:If this match goes on late (let's hope so lol) will it wipe out Ronnie's opponent for tomorrow. Late finishes do affect some players, could it affect these two? One thing for sure, Ronnie's either got time to have a practice or time to have an early night.

With all his experience he'll know exactly what do to tonight to perform tomorrow. He usually starts very well in these big finals, the last time he didn't was in the 2012 German Masters final - against Stephen Maguire.

Postby Cannonball

Wildey wrote:
Clara8633 wrote:Selby declining already? That never occurred to me. I just think he's having a bad start to the season.

Selby just became a dad so playing snooker is way off his priorities at the moment.

rofl Yeah right. Let's hope it stays that way. rofl

Postby Wildey

AC or LT? wrote:With it being a Best of 11, even if it goes close we'll be done by elevenish.

if it was a best of 17 it would have been over even quicker with only 9 frames to be played tonight.

Postby Clara8633

Cannonball wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Unfortunately for you, he won't stay that way. So tough :P

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Cannonball wrote:If this match goes on late (let's hope so lol) will it wipe out Ronnie's opponent for tomorrow. Late finishes do affect some players, could it affect these two? One thing for sure, Ronnie's either got time to have a practice or time to have an early night.

With all his experience he'll know exactly what do to tonight to perform tomorrow. He usually starts very well in these big finals, the last time he didn't was in the 2012 German Masters final - against Stephen Maguire.

Best start to a final possible, 4 tons in opening 4 frames, 3 from Mags, 1 from Ronnie.

Postby Wildey

Cannonball wrote:
Wildey wrote:

so you think work takes priority over a new born baby?