Post a reply

Re: Coral U K Championship Semi Final 2: Trump v Maguire !

Postby NNear

Snooker Overdrive wrote:The Trump match could be over around 9pm :?

Lol.

You sound like tennis fans hoping that the other semi-final is a 3 hour long 3 set match.

Do you think it matters much considering Trump's tournament so far?

Postby Snooker Overdrive

NNear wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:The Trump match could be over around 9pm :?

Lol.

You sound like tennis fans hoping that the other semi-final is a 3 hour long 3 set match.

Do you think it matters much considering Trump's tournament so far?

I would like Trump to whitewash Maguire. It would put more pressure on him to perform like this tomorrow...

Postby NNear

I think the score right now is misleading. Not sure Trump is playing any better than Ronnie but Maguire has simply not been good enough - compare his form to the blistering snooker that Bingham produced up to 4-1 in the first semi-final.

Postby Cannonball

NNear wrote:Aren't there any Maguire or Trump fans here (as their #1 player)? It feels like just Ronnie fans are commenting on the match. :lol:

Yeah, where are the Selby and Robbo fans tonight. Where is snooker fan, wild, vodka, etc etc. I thought they'd come out in force for Mags (given how much they don't like Judd).

Postby Snooker Overdrive

NNear wrote:Aren't there any Maguire or Trump fans here (as their #1 player)? It feels like just Ronnie fans are commenting on the match. :lol:

I haven't seen a Maguire here in a long time. But it's even stranger that there isn't a "pure" Judd (supporting only Trump, no one else) fan here, we had "Bourne" a couple of years ago but he has completely vanished.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:

I haven't seen a Maguire here in a long time. But it's even stranger that there isn't a "pure" Judd (supporting only Trump, no one else) fan here, we had "Bourne" a couple of years ago but he has completely vanished.

Wonder how's Bourne doing... he was allright, I liked his way of expressing, even though it could sometimes be a bit on the extreme like some Ronnie fans :john:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Cannonball wrote:

Yeah, where are the Selby and Robbo fans tonight. Where is snooker fan, wild, vodka, etc etc. I thought they'd come out in force for Mags (given how much they don't like Judd).

They know Maguire would probably be steamrolled in the final, so I guess most of them want Trump to win tonight. Actually I think they will even support Judd tomorrow (at least Skullman will)...

Postby NNear

Wildey wrote:Judd's Cueball control is improving every time i see him playing.

Getting to be a competent Break-builder now.

I agree that's it's improving, though he's been a high quality break-builder for a long time now. I get your point though -- he's in more control of his game and needs less heroics to produce his breaks. He's amassing his centuries at an impressive clip as well this year with 1 in every 8 or so frames.

Yeah, he's cleaning up his game and he's been working hard. That much is clear.

Postby NNear

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Can Trump make 100 centuries this season? :gag:

If he plays every event then with the rate he's making centuries he could make 100-ish centuries give or take a few.

Only Ronnie O'Sullivan is scoring centuries at a greater rate and that probably won't be the case when the results of the UK Championships are finally included in the statistics.

About 1 per every 8 frames, which is the same as Robertson last year.
Last edited by NNear on 06 Dec 2014, edited 1 time in total.