Post a reply

Re: Coral U K Championship Semi Final 1: Bingham v O'Sulliv

Postby AC or LT?

Does anyone else think they asked the wrong question there surely it should have been who would you prefer to play? Ronnie clearly got a kick out of that CoC final and I reckon tomorrows could be just as good, I reckon if Judd could beat O'Sullivan in a major final like the UK he might final accelerate into the business end of a season with the kind of results we expected back in 2011, the delayed hand down you might say.

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:ROS saying he's go to the CL...

Yeah rofl

For buck sakes Ronnie, save your energy and dont waste your time on that pmsl

Unless you want to increase your tons tally like Robbo did last season :john:

Might be he beats Hendry's record there instead of here (very unlikely) or the Masters.

Postby NNear

AC or LT? wrote:Does anyone else think they asked the wrong question there surely it should have been who would you prefer to play? Ronnie clearly got a kick out of that CoC final and I reckon tomorrows could be just as good, I reckon if Judd could beat O'Sullivan in a major final like the UK he might final accelerate into the business end of a season with the kind of results we expected back in 2011, the delayed hand down you might say.

Indeed, a delayed hand down. Of course this is disrespectful because there is Selby and Robertson etc. but still it's fair to say that many of us expected Trump to kick on more fiercely than he has done since 2011, and in terms of style and flair he probably is Ronnie's successor.

Postby Andre147

AC or LT? wrote:Does anyone else think they asked the wrong question there surely it should have been who would you prefer to play? Ronnie clearly got a kick out of that CoC final and I reckon tomorrows could be just as good, I reckon if Judd could beat O'Sullivan in a major final like the UK he might final accelerate into the business end of a season with the kind of results we expected back in 2011, the delayed hand down you might say.

Judd still favourite for the title for me, but first he has to beat Mags, a player he has a bad record against.

Postby Andre147

Just love the way the haters are discrediting his performance just because Bingo collapsed fro 4-1 up to 4-4.

Did you even watch what Bingo did in the 9th frame? He won it, went 5-4 up, so Ronnie was under huge pressure then...

And what does he do... makes a ton, and in the decider, after a 30 odd break, took that absoutely beautiful long red after Bingo fouled... Reckon not many players would have taken that on under the circumstances.

But keep trying haters, fact is Ronnie won playing some superb snooker in the last 2 frames :wave:

Postby Cannonball

Just back from the club. Haha, the 8ters must have been thinking, he's 4-1, there is no way Ronnie is coming back from this, he's lost, he's out!

Bunch of sad b'stards the lot of you. What a bunch of pathetic losers you really are, hating on the greatest ever because life dealt you a bad hand of cards and all you can do with it is hit a 16 break. rofl Notice how the mods don't do anything about the hating of the greatest player ever, notice!

RONNIE!

Postby Andre147

ttol wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:meh

You're like one of those kids who have Chelsea shirts because they win everything. I bet you won't even watch snooker when Ronnie retires.

rofl <doh> You couldn't possibly be more wrong about SO or me for that matter :wave:

Postby Andre147

I think this quote from Bingham sums it all really from 4-1 up to 4-4.

"It began to go wrong when I started thinking about the final."

Although after that he still went 5-4 up so Ronnie really had to dig deep to win the match, and he duly did it with a ton and then another marvelous break in the last, including that incredible and risky long red after Bingo had fouled.

Postby Clara8633

Cannonball wrote:Just back from the club. Haha, the 8ters must have been thinking, he's 4-1, there is no way Ronnie is coming back from this, he's lost, he's out!

Bunch of sad b'stards the lot of you. What a bunch of pathetic losers you really are, hating on the greatest ever because life dealt you a bad hand of cards and all you can do with it is hit a 16 break. rofl Notice how the mods don't do anything about the hating of the greatest player ever, notice!

RONNIE!

Who expressed that they hate ROS?
Why do you think you're the only one who's superior enough to hit a 16+ break?

Wild, please ban him, and take a look at the rude, inferior words he's uttered.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Nearly exactly 5 years ago Ronnie lost a heartbreaking decider against Higgins in the semis of the UK. He was in first but he missed a blue I think and didn't get another shot after that. Nowadays he's so clinical at the business end of matches, he doesn't miss easy pots or even pressure shots in these situations. The Ronnie of today would have won that deciding frame against Higgins with that chance. Although he was always quite good under pressure (with the exception of the 2009/10 and 2010/11 season) but since 2012 he's reached a new personal all time high making these clearances.

Postby The Cueist

Well done Ron , Never seen match but by all accounts it was a thriller by what has been written up.

Would have been gutted if he had lost to Bingham again.

Still in 4he uk final now and all to play for .
It wont be easy if he plays Trump or Maguire.

Should be a good fiinal either way.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ronnie made all 4 finals of the BBC tournaments (aka the majors + the Welsh Open) in 2014.

When was the last time someone achieved that?

Hum very good point SO... Skull obviosuly might know the answer. Maybe MJW or Hendry... just a wild guess.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ronnie made all 4 finals of the BBC tournaments (aka the majors + the Welsh Open) in 2014.

Hum very good point SO... Skull obviosuly might know the answer. Maybe MJW or Hendry... just a wild guess.

I already looked it up meanwhile. Of course the Grand Prix was a former BBC event but if we just look at the 4 current BBC events, neither Hendry nor Williams made all these 4 in the same year. Williams reached the WO, UK and Worlds in 1999 but not the Masters. Hendry also reached the WO, UK and Worlds in 1997 but again not the Masters. So Ronnie is the first player to do that :hatoff:

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

I already looked it up meanwhile. Of course the Grand Prix was a former BBC event but if we just look at the 4 current BBC events, neither Hendry nor Williams made all these 4 in the same year. Williams reached the WO, UK and Worlds in 1999 but not the Masters. Hendry also reached the WO, UK and Worlds in 1997 but again not the Masters. So Ronnie is the first player to do that :hatoff:

Well what a feat that is then :hatoff: Obviosuly it will be tons better if he wins his 5th UK Title, not easy, especially if he faces Trump.