Topic locked

Re: Coral U K Championship Quarter Finals Discussion !!!

Postby Cannonball

Wildey wrote:
Cannonball wrote:Pretty boring quarters tonight, a bit one-sided.

like last nights last 16s

True but 147s are never boring.

Postby Cannonball

PLtheRef wrote:The first two frames did Davis in. Never really recovered from going 2-0 down when he should have been 2-o in front.

Don't know if he would have won it even from 2-0 up but Mark had a great chance tonight and plenty of chances to make it a closer match. He'll be kicking himself; again!

Postby PLtheRef

AC or LT? wrote:Tomorrows semis are going to be nailbiting with Ronnie and Trump in action and a chance of them re-enacting that CoC final (the best match since the 2010 World final) that would be something special. When's the master's draw out?

Will be next week I guess as the tournament is part of the seeding for the masters

Postby Andre147

AC or LT? wrote:Tomorrows semis are going to be nailbiting with Ronnie and Trump in action and a chance of them re-enacting that CoC final (the best match since the 2010 World final) that would be something special. When's the master's draw out?

Surely you meant 2011 World Final no? 2010 World Final was in fact one of the worst <laugh>

Postby Clara8633

TheRocket wrote:I always rated the Masters higher than the UK and now after they made a 128 format out of the UK, it's even more the case. The Masters is just something special, the atmosphere is different. A brillant tournament.

That's true. Some players in this tournament (eg Trump and ROS) haven't even met a top 16 player yet, and they've already reached the semis. Not quite as special as the Masters.

Postby Clara8633

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I have a funny feeling that we won't see a Ronnie v Trump final, I think one of them will lose tomorrow but I really don't know who...

Maybe even both :chuckle: But I think/hope it's Trump who will lose tomorrow.

In my opinion, if Trump does make it to the final, he's going to win the tournament. I can't imagine that he'd lose two finals in a row when he's playing so well.
Last edited by Clara8633 on 05 Dec 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby The Cueist

Agreed sicpotter well said.
Ronnie has a good enough action from what I can see.

Not all are perfect cue actions to look at some players have little idiosyncrasies that have to do wiith their physical make up.

So like the old saying ," Appearances can be deceptive ".

I mean it is up to them that think some players cue actions are unorthodox , But I wouldn't judge a players action if it aappeared unorthodox and he won a lot of major tournaments.

As obviously it must work for them as they wouldnt win would they , Stands to reason .

Postby AC or LT?

Andre147 wrote:

Surely you meant 2011 World Final no? 2010 World Final was in fact one of the worst <laugh>

Yeah, don't know what I was thinking.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:It seems crazy that Trump - even provisionally - is only ranked 11th. He's certainly a top 5 player at the moment.

Bad results from previous 2 seasons are the main reason, but he's sure to rise up if he continues the sort of form he has this season.

And forgot to say his points from IC 2012 which he won were taken off, so that could also be a reason that reflects this.

Postby Skullman

AC or LT? wrote:
Skullman wrote:Anyway, can't stay here long, off to the Barbican again. Hoping for a Trump v Maguire semi.

hope this isn't too intrusive but do you get a tournament ticket or something in order to go so much especially at these latter stages given your a student?

No. I just saved up a fair bit of money before heading off. Thought it was my best chance of going to see the latter stages of a major. I did discounts for every day I went before today though.

Postby Skullman

Anyway, mixed session of snooker tonight. Judd was great. Mavis made three 50+ breaks and only won one frame. Only thing was Judd's long potting could've been a bit better because Mavis was being given chances pretty often.

Mags was great up to 4-1, I thought I'd be in for an early night, with it finish 9:30 or 9:45 and then he bizarrely fell apart and could barely string a 20 break together. Luckily for him Marco was similarly bad and he scraped through. He is going to get mullered tomorrow if does again though.

Postby AC or LT?

Skullman wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:
Skullman wrote:Anyway, can't stay here long, off to the Barbican again. Hoping for a Trump v Maguire semi.

hope this isn't too intrusive but do you get a tournament ticket or something in order to go so much especially at these latter stages given your a student?

No. I just saved up a fair bit of money before heading off. Thought it was my best chance of going to see the latter stages of a major. I did discounts for every day I went before today though.

Fair play to you - that's some dedication to the sport I'd have probably spent on the money on frivolous crap before it bought any snooker tickets, I know the earlier stages are half price for students but still.