Topic locked

Re: Coral U K Championship Quarter Finals Discussion !!!

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:What is the BBC coverage like this year (apart from Eggheads fiascos)? Any evenings yet? Don't have a TV here so even when I'm not there it's from online.

Only today they showed evening but it was only from 7 to 8 p.m.

Apart from the complete fiasco today with Eggheads pmsl the coverage has been nice, but with cooms like Dennis we all know what to expect, like saying the German Masters is a PTC rofl

Postby Cannonball

Skullman wrote:What is the BBC coverage like this year (apart from Eggheads fiascos)? Any evenings yet? Don't have a TV here so even when I'm not there it's from online.

The commentators are getting worse. Hard to believe but true. They're trotting out fewer of the same lines more often. Forgetting players names, not knowing who some of the younger players are and that's just Dennis Taylor. It's getting pretty bad. Then there's SD with his pointless little bits like, what's it like to walk out the dressing room into the Arena video nonsense.

Postby Cannonball

Andre147 wrote:

Apart from the complete fiasco today with Eggheads pmsl the coverage has been nice, but with cooms like Dennis we all know what to expect, like saying the German Masters is a PTC rofl

He'll be saying next that PTCs are part of the Legends Tour.....

Postby Andre147

Cannonball wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

yeah rofl

Postby Cannonball

Andre147 wrote:
Cannonball wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

yeah rofl

You know, back in 1975 when I played Patsy Fagan, this lady in the audience was eating a humbug and I thought to myself......................Can you believe it?!

Postby Cloud Strife

Cannonball wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Cannonball wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

yeah rofl

You know, back in 1975 when I played Patsy Fagan, this lady in the audience was eating a humbug and I thought to myself......................Can you believe it?!

Bloody hell, what a dinosaur!

Surely the likes of Taylor, Virgo etc can't always have been this bad? I think the problem is they've been around far too long and are now just phoning it in.

We need some fresh blood, fresh perspective in the comms box and studio. Someone like Alan McManus would be a great addition to the BBCs coverage, if only they had the foresight to realize it.

Postby Muppet147

SnookerFan wrote:Ronnie got to be favourite now, ain't he? Can't see anybody left in the field that would trouble him.

Looks like that Ronnie vs Judd final too.

Up to your old tricks, trying to jinx Ronnie.

I hope it does end up a Ronnie vs Judd final and that you are tied to your armchair and forced to watch it.

Postby Clara8633

Muppet147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Ronnie got to be favourite now, ain't he? Can't see anybody left in the field that would trouble him.

Looks like that Ronnie vs Judd final too.

I hope it does end up a Ronnie vs Judd final and that you are tied to your armchair and forced to watch it.

Hopefully it's Tramp who gets jinxed :-)

Postby Roland

Cannonball please quit with the constant large text posts or you'll be kicked off the forum.

Honestly, the worst type of snooker fan is the Ronnie O'Sullivan obsessed aggressive type who disrespects all other players. Do you think being able to appreciate Ronnie's talent puts you in a special bracket that the rest of us don't understand? Just calm down ffs.

Postby Wildey

masterdoctorgenius wrote:i still feel sry for selt. couldnt get going. doesnt deserve to be whitewashed after coming so far. but took it in the right spirit.

Playing Ronnie or any player that can dominate a match is very hard it really is worth a 3 frame start at times.

We had that with Davis in the 80s and Hendry in the 90s.

with Respect to Robbo, Ding or Selby they haven't got that type of fear factor.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:'Seeds falling like the autumn leaves' <- It would be a travesty to ban cannonball! You chutney ferrets.

The only evening I couldn't watch snooker this week and the Rocketster gets a maxi. Typical! I'm enjoying his decline greatly.

I went to bed early and missed it too. rofl

I feel much less tired today, so will catch an evening match. I'm thinking Maguire vs Fu.

Postby SnookerFan

Muppet147 wrote:

FFS grow up. Saying somebody is favourite to win, doesn't have any bearing on whether they actually win or not. There's no such thing as jinxing.

Ronnie has shown a lot more maturity and determination since coming back from his year off, and consequently has become as consistently difficult to beat as he should've been for years now. Before he was only favourite for a tournament if he was in the right frame of mind. Now he's favourite for every tournament that he enters.

And I'll watch the final, no matter who is in it.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:i still feel sry for selt. couldnt get going. doesnt deserve to be whitewashed after coming so far. but took it in the right spirit.

Playing Ronnie or any player that can dominate a match is very hard it really is worth a 3 frame start at times.

We had that with Davis in the 80s and Hendry in the 90s.

with Respect to Robbo, Ding or Selby they haven't got that type of fear factor.

In one way, you could make that work in your favour. Especially a gritty opponent like Selby, who'll make your work hard for every frame won.

Does a player fear Selby as much as Ronnie? Possibly not. Should they? Probably.

If a player underestimates a player of Selby's class, he'll make them pay for it.

Postby Cannonball

Andre147 wrote:Cannonball this is for you...

Ronnie following his 147 :-D

Happy Birthday Genius. Knock in another Maxi to celebrate Ron!

Postby Cannonball

Dan-cat wrote:'Seeds falling like the autumn leaves' <- It would be a travesty to ban cannonball! You chutney ferrets.

The only evening I couldn't watch snooker this week and the Rocketster gets a maxi. Typical! I'm enjoying his decline greatly.

It's on the Beeb website mate. Did you get to see Ron interview Davis on his show?

Postby Cannonball

This is great fun. Here we've got the 13th 147 from the Genius in 1 minute and 47secs. Cuz, you know, he's a bit slow! rofl

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/30343354

Your name's snooker fan and you didn't watch the greatest player of all time knock in a maxi? Perhaps your name should be oxymoron. lol

Postby SnookerFan

I've not heard much of Hendry commentate this week, but have had some on Eurosport and have been at work. He seems a better commentator than some.

I like Dennis Taylor as a person, and when he does stuff like Snooker Legends he can be quite entertaining. But he has demonstrated a decided lack of knowledge when it comes to commentating on the professional game. Calling the German Masters a PTC event is not a mistake I'd expect somebody in his position to make. Is it too much to ask that somebody who is paid to provide expertise in snooker will know the names of the tournaments?