Topic locked

Re: Coral U K Championship Quarter Finals Discussion !!!

Postby Cannonball

Cloud Strife wrote:Still buzzing.

Love your new status, Proud Ronnie Fanboy, effin brilliant!

just poured myself a large Ledaig, won't sleep now, may as well stay up and buzz as well. Oh my God, I simply cannot believe this. Most snooker players are cooked at 30 and this guy is still coming up trumps. It's unbelievable. The ton record is at his mercy, let's hope he claims in this tournament, it's possible.

Postby Andre147

Cannonball you must have got a great buzz playing snooker in your club and at the same time watching Ronnie make a 147 with your mates there :-D

I screamed in just pure excitment when Ronnie knocked the final black in, think my neighbour must have heard it, but what the hell, it was for a very good reason :D

Postby Cloud Strife

Cannonball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Still buzzing.

Love your new status, Proud Ronnie Fanboy, effin brilliant!

just poured myself a large Ledaig, won't sleep now, may as well stay up and buzz as well. Oh my God, I simply cannot believe this. Most snooker players are cooked at 30 and this guy is still coming up trumps. It's unbelievable. The ton record is at his mercy, let's hope he claims in this tournament, it's possible.

True, mate.

I'm a fanboy and proud of it. And I'm not alone, there millions of others, possibly billions, who are the same as me.

Postby Cannonball

Andre147 wrote:And you know what..

It's already past midnight so...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RONNIE :-D

He turns 39 today.

Hopefully this day will be great as well with a win over McGill.

OMG, is he the oldest to have done a maxi then?

Is the oldest to have a fractured ankle and done a maxi in pumps then? rofl

Postby Cloud Strife

He turns 39 today.

Crikey, 39 already. It feels like only yesterday that I started watching him all those years ago in 1992. Even though I was only a young kid at the time I knew even then that he was going to be something special.

Postby Cloud Strife

Cannonball wrote:

He turns 39 today.

Next challenge, make a 147 whilst in a wheelchair at a hundred years of age.

He could do it, you know! There are no boundaries for this man! Only more stars to reach!

Postby Cannonball

Cloud Strife wrote:
Cannonball wrote:

He turns 39 today.

Next challenge, make a 147 whilst in a wheelchair at a hundred years of age.

He could do it, you know! There are no boundaries for this man! Only more stars to reach!

There must be an un-named constellation in the shape of a cue and a man that could be called Rocket no?

Postby Cannonball

Cloud Strife wrote:

He turns 39 today.

Crikey, 39 already. It feels like only yesterday that I started watching him all those years ago in 1992. Even though I was only a young kid at the time I knew even then that he was going to be something special.

I seriously didn't believe that anyone would ever be as good or natural as Jimmy. What that boy did with a cue seemed upsurpassable. And then, oh my god, mother nature delivers not something as good, but a hundred times better. It wasn't possible, it must be a dream, this can't be real. I think I'm going to faint..............

Postby AC or LT?

Back to reality and Ronnie got off bucking lightly in those first 4 frames, gave Selt plenty of chances that he didn't take. He won't get that many let offs against McGill and he certainly won't get that many let offs against Dott/Bingham and Trump/Fu/Maguire poor McGill and Mavis are just making up the numbers now.

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:Is there a list anywhere of player v player by the most times they've met?

Yeah, on CueTracker

Hendry v Davis have met the most times with 66.

http://www.cuetracker.net/pages/h2h.php?ID1=10&ID2=69

You can also check other head to heads of course there, CueTracker is definately the best website around for snooker stats.

Mentioned before that Davis v White met 68 times. It's almost like you don't pay attention to these stats :no:

Postby Cannonball

AC or LT? wrote:Back to reality and Ronnie got off bucking lightly in those first 4 frames, gave Selt plenty of chances that he didn't take. He won't get that many let offs against McGill and he certainly won't get that many let offs against Dott/Bingham and Trump/Fu/Maguire poor McGill and Mavis are just making up the numbers now.

He lifted himself against Judd to play arguably the highest standard match in a very long time at the CoC. He can do it again. Don't peak too early Genius!

Postby Skullman

Davis 68 and Hendry 60, so 128 total. But a lot of them would be in meaningless group matches.

Still, a lot considering he's played 1348 matches in total according to Cue Tracker so roughly 1 in 11 were against those two.

Postby Andre147

AC or LT? wrote:Back to reality and Ronnie got off bucking lightly in those first 4 frames, gave Selt plenty of chances that he didn't take. He won't get that many let offs against McGill and he certainly won't get that many let offs against Dott/Bingham and Trump/Fu/Maguire poor McGill and Mavis are just making up the numbers now.

Fully agree, Ronnie could have easily been 2-2 or even 3-1 down... I wouldnt discount McGill so fast... he did beat Higgins, and although Higgins was far from his best, McGill had to play well in patches to beat him.

But yeah against a Bingham, Fu and especially Trump, Ronnie won't get away with misses like those, so I agree with you if he's to win this title he needs to cut on some basic mistakes.

But he seems to be peaking at the right time, and therefore he may start to play much better (excluding the 147), hopefully.

Postby AC or LT?

Will you ronnie fan boys put your cockerels away for one night. He was about a milisecond if extra pace from bottling it on the last blue and he ran out of pisition on multiple occassions. Not to mention Selt had opened the balld up for him. In other words it was so easy to make the max the beeb pulled the graphic up after 1 red and 1 black.

Postby Cannonball

Skullman wrote:Davis 68 and Hendry 60, so 128 total. But a lot of them would be in meaningless group matches.

Still, a lot considering he's played 1348 matches in total according to Cue Tracker so roughly 1 in 11 were against those two.

No wonder he took drugs and hit the bottle, that's a lot of pain.

Postby Andre147

AC or LT? wrote:Will you ronnie fan boys put your cockerels away for one night. He was about a milisecond if extra pace from bottling it on the last blue and he ran out of pisition on multiple occassions. Not to mention Selt had opened the balld up for him. In other words it was so easy to make the max the beeb pulled the graphic up after 1 red and 1 black.

Please dont try to devaluate what Ronnie did there, Higgins for instance made a 147 at Grand Prix with a fluked black! Not to mention Thorburns first ever Crucible 147 with a fluked red aswell. :wave:

And in almost all maxis the balls are always perfect, but it still requires a lot of cue ball control. He got the 147, and thats what matters.
Last edited by Andre147 on 05 Dec 2014, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Skullman

AC or LT? wrote:Will you ronnie fan boys put your cockerels away for one night. He was about a milisecond if extra pace from bottling it on the last blue and he ran out of pisition on multiple occassions. Not to mention Selt had opened the balld up for him. In other words it was so easy to make the max the beeb pulled the graphic up after 1 red and 1 black.

I assumed they did it because he already gone for the max the last frame and everyone knew he was going to do it again. It wasn't perfect but there is usually at least one shot where some kind of recovery was necessary.

And the blue still went in.

Postby Andre147

So no reply now AC? :john: You know I'm right, every single 147 thats been made is always special, if it was so easy then why dont we see them make many more like in every tournament a season huh?

It takes special cue ball control, and you contradict yourself.. if Ronnie was so out of piosition to make the 147, well my friend then that made it even more difficult to accomplish it.

Like I said, Thornburns 147 started with a fluked red, dont forget that :wave: And that Higgins one with a fluked black along the way aswell. Will you say those werent great 147s? You wont, you only say it because its Ronnie.

Postby Andre147

Anyway, enough of that 147 devaluating bullocks pmsl

Hopefully we'll have some great Quarter-Finals tomorrow, didnt want Dotty's match to be at same time as Ronnie's so I guess I'll have Ronnie's match on telly and Dotty's on PC.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:Surprised Ronnie is on in the afternoon.

Me too, especially since he played evening today... but I think I know why... BBC coverage mate, this way they can show it live, in the evening they couldn't.

Postby Cannonball

Andre147 wrote:So no reply now AC? :john: You know I'm right, every single 147 thats been made is always special, if it was so easy then why dont we see them make many more like in every tournament a season huh?

It takes special cue ball control, and you contradict yourself.. if Ronnie was so out of piosition to make the 147, well my friend then that made it even more difficult to accomplish it.

Like I said, Thornburns 147 started with a fluked red, dont forget that :wave: And that Higgins one with a fluked black along the way aswell. Will you say those werent great 147s? You wont, you only say it because its Ronnie.

rofl Funny but True!

AC LT, this is just for you:

147!
Last edited by Cannonball on 05 Dec 2014, edited 1 time in total.