Topic locked

Coral U K Championship Last 16 Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Tuesday 25th of November~Sunday 7th of December at the Barbican Center in York.

Ronnie O'Sullivan has hobbled and battled himself through to the last 16 and on course for a Quarter final clash with his old sparring partner John Higgins, Can both men make that happen?

Also through to the last 16 is another 4 UK Champions Stephen Maguire, Shaun Murphy, Judd Trump and Defending Champion Neil Robertson.

and after a Magnificent win over Ding Junhui making his last 16 debut will be James Cahill.

Who will reach the Quarter Finals and stay on course for the title?

DRAW

Last 16

Neil Robertson v Graeme Dott Robertson leads 8-4
Stuart Bingham v Ricky Walden 2-2
Anthony McGill v John Higgins Higgins leads 2-1
Matthew Selt v Ronnie O'Sullivan Never Played before
--------------------------------------------
James Cahill v Mark Davis Never Played before
Judd Trump v Rod Lawler Trump leads 3-2
Shaun Murphy v Marco Fu Murphy leads 11-7
Stephen Maguire v David Morris Maguire leads 2-0

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Coral U K Championship Last 16 Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 3rd of December

1pm

Stuart Bingham v Ricky Walden
Anthony McGill v John Higgins

7pm

Neil Robertson v Graeme Dott
James Cahill v Mark Davis

Postby Andre147

Atmosphere a lot different with 2 table setup, hopefully we'll see some great snooker like today.

Looking ahead for tomorrow's afternoon matches, Bingo v Walden should be a good match, expect Walden to win this one.

Higgins v McGill, Higgins should win as he's been playing well, he can be very inconsistent these days but I don't think McGill will have enough to trouble him.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
You are so lucky! I have Friday off. Toying with jumping in the motor and heading to York.

Running a bit low of Annual Leave unbooked now.

Got The Masters off in January though. I can commute, so am waiting for matches to be announced before buying tickets. Also got a weekend away for the Welsh Open finals weekend, and a week booked off to watch The World Grand Prix on ITV 4 and go to the pub.

Can't complain really. rofl

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
You are so lucky! I have Friday off. Toying with jumping in the motor and heading to York.

Running a bit low of Annual Leave unbooked now.

Got The Masters off in January though. I can commute, so am waiting for matches to be announced before buying tickets. Also got a weekend away for the Welsh Open finals weekend, and a week booked off to watch The World Grand Prix on ITV 4 and go to the pub.

Can't complain really. rofl

Brilliant SF. You just can't beat the atmosphere live. I'll be headed to the Masters and Crucible for sure :)

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
Brilliant SF. You just can't beat the atmosphere live. I'll be headed to the Masters and Crucible for sure :)

The problem with the Ally Pally is it's quite far away from everything. So, if a match finishes early you can't wonder out for a McDonalds or a pint. You have to queue up to pay obscene prices for a hot dog, or a proper sit down meal in their bar.

Saying that, Wembley Arena was completely the wrong venue. Apart from convenience to the outside world, it was pretty rubbish.

Postby Skullman

Beat Bond 6-5 from 1-4. Wasn't on TV so can't say for the whole match but he was solid in the decider.

In with a good red, split the pack early and took in one visit with no trouble until he was past the winning line.

Postby Cannonball

Skullman wrote:Beat Bond 6-5 from 1-4. Wasn't on TV so can't say for the whole match but he was solid in the decider.

In with a good red, split the pack early and took in one visit with no trouble until he was past the winning line.

Bond will be gutted, he should have dropped 5 frames on purpose!

Postby hendry_fan

:clap: <ok> Congrats to James Cahill!,fantastic stuff!. <ok> :clap:

I only saw the last 2 frames and boy,what 2 frames it was,suspense packed pure!.

Ding did very well to get the snooker and the free ball and after a fight in safety play ended up pinchin the frame by 1 point to make it a decider.

I bet Cahill won,t be hittin frame and match ball so hard again,as the commentators said,all he had to do was roll it in and Ding would,nt have come back to the table,ah,well,he,s <only> 18,so i guess we can,t be too hard on him for makin that mistake.

Ding had his bite at the cherry in the decider but could,nt kill it off like he often does.

Full credit to James though,after pullin off that fantastic break in the decider and gettin over the line,just brilliant especially considerin the circumstances.

*Twitter attack from Hendry!*.

"stephen hendry @SHendry775 · 11 Std. Vor 11 Stunden

Break by @JamesCahill147 in last frame against ding was one of best I've ever seen #balls."

It would be fantastic if this was to be the breakthrough of a young gun,but lets not get too exited about it,yes,it,s a fantastic victory but the tide could suddenly turn and he could fade away or will hover around not achievin much like many other players who we thought could make the BIG breakthrough,a certain Wasley,Brecel,Michael White spring to mind.

Lets hope this guy can breakthrough,he seems a very down to earth,nice lad too,i like his style of play,he,s definately got at least a bit o that from Hendry,some of the balls he took on,pots he made were similar to Hendry style,but also in the safety department he was pretty good. <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

I kind of fancy watching Higgins today, for some reason. Despite the fact that Walden vs Bingham might be a better match.

Then again, yesterday we thought that Mags vs Williams would be a beat match than Ding and Cahill.

Postby Cannonball

SnookerFan wrote:
Cannonball wrote:Ok, so where's the PTC in Latvia held?

Latvia.

Which city?! And are WS holding a PTC there in 2015?