Topic locked

Re: Coral U K Championship Last 16 Discussion !!!

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Willie Thorne having to ask Ken if he knows anything about McGill. <doh>

Sack them all is what I say pmsl Cant believe they sacked Clive 5 or 6 years ago <doh> :no:

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Willie Thorne having to ask Ken if he knows anything about McGill. <doh>

Sack them all is what I say pmsl Cant believe they sacked Clive 5 or 6 years ago <doh> :no:

I love their excuse. They wanted to bring in young talent. Their idea of young talent was Steve Davis.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Higgins wins the frame after3 chances.

If I were hendry_fan i would now be babbling about how McGill wasted 3 chances and how Higgins needed 3 of them to win the frame :zzz: pmsl

Postby SnookerFan

Who saw Dennis Taylor prattling on about that vicar the other day?

He was there going "He was in the same hotel as me, I spoke to him over breakfast. Lovely chap."

The bloke had taken his earpiece out. Steve was like "Well, he obviously don't like your commentary, Dennis."

Postby Cannonball

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

I love their excuse. They wanted to bring in young talent. Their idea of young talent was Steve Davis.

Steve has more talent than all the world's pies! He's extremely knowledgeable and makes more correct calls than any other commentator out there. He's spot on. Hendry is awful, Taylor senile, Willie getting too old and just collecting cheques/trotting out the same lines/Parrot is ok for a scouser, Irvine is just another annoying jock with zero knowledge who never ever played. Overall, the beeb get 4 out of 10 - fail.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:

If I were hendry_fan i would now be babbling about how McGill wasted 3 chances and how Higgins needed 3 of them to win the frame :zzz: pmsl

That's the last thing we need. Two of him.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Well, it's true.

Meanwhile, another big break gives Bingo frame 2 barring snookers.

But he says it in a way so as to devaluate how the opponent won the frame, especially in Ronnies case... I dont care if Ronnie for instance needed 10 chances to win a frame, what matters is he won it, end of. Of course if he wins it needing only 1 chance all the better.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

That's the last thing we need. Two of him.

<ok> pmsl

Postby Cannonball

Andre147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:Well, it's true.

Meanwhile, another big break gives Bingo frame 2 barring snookers.

But he says it in a way so as to devaluate how the opponent won the frame, especially in Ronnies case... I dont care if Ronnie for instance needed 10 chances to win a frame, what matters is he won it, end of. Of course if he wins it needing only 1 chance all the better.

Ronnie has only ever needed one opportunity to complete a 147, and he's made plenty! The 92 clearance still rates as one of the greatest ever. Ronnie needed a few chances to ignite and then the rocket really flew. :-)