Topic locked

Re: Coral U K Championship Last 16 Discussion !!!

Postby Andre147

Still buzzing after that :D

Mind you, had he made that 147 in the 5th frame considering the shots he had to pull off it would have been one of the greatest ever.

Nevermind, he did it in the 6th :D

Postby Andy Spark

Andre147 wrote:
Mind you, had he made that 147 in the 5th frame considering the shots he had to pull off it would have been one of the greatest ever.

If he'd made a max in the fifth frame from the position of the balls I'd have given him the money myself. :-D

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:Still buzzing after that :D

Nevermind, he did it in the 6th :D

But the final frame of a match is just the perfect moment for a maximum. I think he made 4 maximums to close out matches, incredible!

Postby TheRocket

Cloud Strife wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:It's already updated :-D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximum_break

According to that wiki page one of Ronnie's 147 wasn't televised. I thought all 13 of his 147s were televised.

Lol, I swear, just two minutes ago, it was 13 and not 12 (televised maximum breaks). So some troll must be trolling on wikipedia. I suppose. And yes, all of his 13 maximums were televised.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

According to that wiki page one of Ronnie's 147 wasn't televised. I thought all 13 of his 147s were televised.

I think so too. I guess that section wasn't properly updated.

TR is right, could be a troll who doesnt want to recognise all of his were televised rofl

It will be correctly updated soon.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

I think so too. I guess that section wasn't properly updated.

TR is right, could be a troll who doesnt want to recognise all of his were televised rofl

It will be correctly updated soon.

Hendryfan? :chin:

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:The last black for postion on yeallow was really special, Ronnie forced an angle that wasnt there.

Just awesome :bowdown:

That was probably the best shot in the break. Some people probably even didn't realize how difficult that was. And he landed inch perfect on the yellow.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Vallomas wrote:I am so glad that I was on TV when Ronnie made the maximum!

Make an 147 with a twisted ankle is unbelievable achievement. Well done Ronnie, Hendry's centuries record is next!

No, Hendry's 5 UK titles are next! :-D

Yeah the tons will inevitably come, as for the UK its far far more important :-D

Postby Andre147

Ronnie once missed a Final pink for the 147, 1999 Worlds Semi v Hendry... he missed it thin to left middle...

Very happy the same didnt happen with that blue here...

As SO said, if anything it added to more excitment :D

Postby Andre147

Would be funny (NOT) if after all this Ronnie went out against McGill...

Ronnie will have to play well to beat him, hopefully this 147 will give him the much needed boost he needs for the rest of the tournament,

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:Would be funny (NOT) if after all this Ronnie went out against McGill...

Ronnie will have to play well to beat him, hopefully this 147 will give him the much needed boost he needs for the rest of the tournament,

Ronnie will make the semis now, most likely even the final. Trump is the biggest remaining stumbling block for the title.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:Would be funny (NOT) if after all this Ronnie went out against McGill...

Well, Hendry played a brillant first session against Murphy in the WC 2009, made a maximum but lost the match at the end. A maximum is just the best thing in terms of getting a buzz, just a moment of perfectness like Hendry also said a lot of times but at the end of the day it's just one frame. Tomorrow will be a different day, a different match and I can't imagine that McGill will play at the level of Selt.

Ronnie still has to improve in terms of not missing easy balls to win this tournament. But the last 3 frames in this match were perfect. He seems to be peaking at the right time.