Topic locked

Re: Coral U K Championship Last 32 Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

Nigel Bond 0-1 Anthony McGill
John Higgins 1-1 Matthew Stevens
Fraser Patrick 0-3 Judd Trump
David Gilbert 0-1 David Morris

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:Am I the only one who thinks Dechawat Poomjaeng isn't as exciting as some people say? He claps like a seal after every shot, and sometimes waves at the crowd.

Hilarious. :gag:

Circus clowns tend to do that.

Postby Andre147

SavoMilosevic wrote:So Higgins was finished as a player? :john:

lol not so fast Savo, he has a loooong way to go before you can even think about him winning this title..

He can easily turn from great to crap these days so...

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Stevens has shown in the last 2 frames what a bottler he is. And that's why he's unfortunately never won the WC.

Exactly, bottled both of those 2 last frames, but Higgins has to be said made 2 trademark Higgins cleaances didn't he TR...

Macth still not over of course, but Matthew will have to make the most of his chances from now on, otherwise Higgins will win this fairly confortably.

Postby Cloud Strife

mantorok wrote:Why did they introduce the flat-draw for the UK? Do that on a less prestigious tournament surely??

Turned into a f lottery this thing.

It's been turned into a second rate crapshoot, in my opinion.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:If Higgins makes it 4-1 here, I can't see a way back for Stevens.

Even that 3-1 may have made all the difference in my opinion, but yeah 4-1 no way back for Matthew the way he's playing.

Higgins looking rock solid today.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:It's good to see Higgins play well again in a major event.

As long as it's not v Ronnie yeah.

As long as Ronnie wins :-)

No seriously it seems like the big 3 (ROS, MJW, HIG) all seem to play reasonably well again in this tournament.

MJW v Mags will be an absolute cracker I feel tomorrow evening.. fancy MJW to win it.

It's good yeah these 3 greats playing well at the same time.

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:It's good to see Higgins play well again in a major event.

No seriously it seems like the big 3 (ROS, MJW, HIG) all seem to play reasonably well again in this tournament.

ROS hasn't really played good so far, C-game at the best but obviously that's also due to the current situation of him. Things has to chance in the next matches because if he doesn't improve, he could even lose to Woolaston.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

MJW v Mags will be an absolute cracker I feel tomorrow evening.. fancy MJW to win it.

It's good yeah these 3 greats playing well at the same time.

The funny thing is that Ronnie was probably the least impressive of the 3 so far due to his injury.

Higgins 97% pot success :shock:

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

ROS hasn't really played good so far, C-game at the best but obviously that's also due to the current situation of him. Things has to chance in the next matches because if he doesn't improve, he could even lose to Woolaston.

Woolaston very dangerous no doubt, Ronnie cant afford a bad start. Mind you, he was 3-1 down at IC and still won the match, but with his foot problems and everything things can be different here at the UK.

Postby Wildey

Nigel Bond 3-1 Anthony McGill
John Higgins 4-1 Matthew Stevens
Fraser Patrick 1-4 Judd Trump
David Gilbert 0-4 David Morris