Topic locked

Re: Coral U K Championship Last 32 Discussion !!!

Postby Cannonball

Skullman wrote:Just speaking for myself, I liked him early on, but after he won the 2011 UK he seemed to get a bit big for his boots and was very arrogant.

I have started warming up to him again as he seems to have matured, but every time I think that he goes and says something stupid again.

Don't know about the rest. Maybe they don't like ROS having competition? :redneck:

As all will know, I'm a huge Ronnie fan but like Ronnie, I have no real problem with Judd. We need talented and exciting players to come through and Judd is the natural heir to the Alex-Jimmy-Ronnie throne. If he was speeding on the roads in his daft cars, causing mayhem, that would be different. The shoes; oh well! At least a bespoke shoe-maker earnt a crust. I got a bit annoyed when he complained about the lack of players facilities at SWSA because we all know they do 100% of what they can, and they don't make any money doing it either. Even more annoying were the demands for free food and drink, when there's a very nice pub serving great stuff round the corner; most players would love an excuse to just get out of a hall now and then. The problem lies with money and the mgt companies who tell their client how brilliant and wonderful they are and then VIP them everywhere in a bubble. This can ruin a decent personality and turn someone into a right so and so!
Last edited by Cannonball on 01 Dec 2014, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Just speaking for myself, I liked him early on, but after he won the 2011 UK he seemed to get a bit big for his boots and was very arrogant.

I have started warming up to him again as he seems to have matured, but every time I think that he goes and says something stupid again.

Don't know about the rest. Maybe they don't like ROS having competition? :redneck:

I Love Arrogance in players.

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:

I Love Arrogance in players.

Ronnie and Judd have the right type of arrogance which can endear them to people and make them a firm favourite with the masses, coupled with success on the table.

Postby Skullman

Different kind of arrogance. Less 'I can beat anyone', and more 'I can play attacking stuff, I can say and do what I want'.

The shoe thing doesn't bother me, as long as he can play in them, all power to him.

Postby Adan

conors9 wrote:Poor stuff this match from what I've seen. Morris playing well but Gilbert should be doing better.

Are you there?
What about the McGill - Bond, I know it's just on the other side, but maybe you had a chance to watch a bit :)

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:I Love Arrogance in players.

I don't.

I think arrogance shows under confidence, not overconfidence. If you have real confidence, you don't need to act out to prove yourself or continually tell people how good you are. Why attempt to prove yourself to others if you are already confident in yourself?

It can become an incredibly tedious character trait.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:I Love Arrogance in players.

I don't.

I think arrogance shows under confidence, not overconfidence. If you have real confidence, you don't need to act out to prove yourself or continually tell people how good you are. Why attempt to prove yourself to others if you are already confident in yourself?

It can become an incredibly tedious character trait.

That was a general comment, by the way. Not particularly aimed at Judd.

Postby Andre147

motorhead wrote:nice episode of the Ronnie show with Steve Davis if someone was on eurosport, it will probably be available on their website shortly

Yeah,it was already available on Youtube a couple of days ago.

Postby Clara8633

Muppet147 wrote:Yes, there does seem to be an anti-Trump attitude on this forum, especially from the retarded AC dude.

I like his style of play and enjoy watching him sticking it to the more tedious players out there.

His attitude doesn't deserve adoration.

Postby AC or LT?

Muppet147 wrote:Yes, there does seem to be an anti-Trump attitude on this forum, especially from the retarded AC dude.

I like his style of play and enjoy watching him sticking it to the more tedious players out there.

Sorry did you miss the bit where I was willing him through? He's got a arrogant personality that's all, he's a great player though and I look forward to his match against Allen, if it comes off.

Postby Andre147

AC or LT? wrote:

Sorry did you miss the bit where I was willing him through? He's got a arrogant personality that's all, he's a great player though and I look forward to his match against Allen, if it comes off.

Yeah given how both have been recently that could be a classic.

Hopefully Lawler won't spoil the party :chuckle:

Postby Wildey

Nigel Bond 4-4 Anthony McGill
John Higgins 6-2 Matthew Stevens
Fraser Patrick 3-6 Judd Trump
David Gilbert 2-6 David Morris

Postby Muppet147

Clara8633 wrote:

His attitude doesn't deserve adoration.

I don't adore him ...at all.

I do like his attacking style of play and general potting and break building.

Postby AC or LT?

Andre147 wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:

Yeah given how both have been recently that could be a classic.

Hopefully Lawler won't spoil the party :chuckle:

I'm tempted to put a few quid on lawler just to guarantee Allen goes through.